16-team Interactive Re-Do Your Roster Draft - 20 Rounds (Now Drafting)

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
But there's a lot of good players on bad contracts (I.e. Price, Kane) whom I sure don't see many people going after 10m contracts
I personally think that what makes it interesting. SOMEBODY will take these guys...it's just a matter of how much they drop and when you use your cap space.

Reactions: Duke16

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
But there's a lot of good players on bad contracts (I.e. Price, Kane) whom I sure don't see many people going after 10m contracts

It puts value into contracts not just who's got the most points. Chicago makes it work with two 10+ mill contracts. They will get picked it's just a matter of how you make it work.

Reactions: Duke16

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
To both Zemgus and TT, I'm just finding it hard to believe with the entire 690 + players to choose from for what 15/16 teams to select a 20 man roster while creating the best team you can under 85m, Itll be tough for most teams to get 5 stud forwards and 4 stud dmen and the rest of the team under 80m

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
To both Zemgus and TT, I'm just finding it hard to believe with the entire 690 + players to choose from for what 15/16 teams to select a 20 man roster while creating the best team you can under 85m, Itll be tough for most teams to get 5 stud forwards and 4 stud dmen and the rest of the team under 80m

It makes you look for value and good contracts while also working the ELC game with young players. It makes choices for big contracts extremely important and like in life there are some guys you simply can't afford. It will give us a more realistic version of teams as opposed to being stacked 1st lines, 1B 2nd lines and 2nd line caliber 3rd lines.

Teams are going to be good enough but having to be responsible in your choices of where and when you spend money gives this exercise some more complexity.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
It makes you look for value and good contracts while also working the ELC game with young players. It makes choices for big contracts extremely important and like in life there are some guys you simply can't afford. It will give us a more realistic version of teams as opposed to being stacked 1st lines, 1B 2nd lines and 2nd line caliber 3rd lines.

Teams are going to be good enough but having to be responsible in your choices of where and when you spend money gives this exercise some more complexity.

I do this special 3 member fantasy draft (with two buds) and we have the cap at 100m, you're only allowed 4 top players (look at all the teams and pick out their top player (3 teams with 4 each = 12 out of 31 top players) and the rest of them go undrafted, Crosby is the top player for Pitts, Johnny for Flames, Tarasenko* for the Blues, etc... you get the point? Those 4 players also has to cost less than 35% of the total cap so 35m(McDavid will cost 12.5m before the season starts) so imagine the other 3 if you select him.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
That's why im thinking 85 would be a better cap max (but its on Duke because he started this) it'll be fun either way but tough anyhow

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
A few things:
  • We will work with a $65M - $82M cap as already stated in the OP - I like how it forces us to be strategic in our drafting
  • We will do a ranking at the end:
1. Best team now
2. Best team in 5 years

This leaves it up to you how to decide how you want to pick your team

*Also, the OP draft list will include name, position, 2017-18 salary.

Last edited:

4Flames

Sep 2, 2015
Canada
:flames select C, Tyler Seguin
bruins-fans.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad