16-17: Pacific Division : Changes : Where do the Canucks rank going in?

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
LA's roster is pretty much the same as last year and their key players are still fairly young. I see them doing just the same or better. Anaheim on the other hand lost a handful of solid players for the 2nd year in a row and Gibson will be carrying the load all by himself for the first time. Lots of rookies in their lineup but I still think they make the playoffs by a hair with possibly one of Calgary or Edmonton leaping them in the standings.

Edmonton finally has some toughness spread throughout their entire forward lines and a decent top-pairing. If McDavid takes the next step I think they snag a wildcard spot, finally. Sharks are stacked, dear god. No idea about the Flames or Coyotes, they could be decent or really bad, a lot depends on their young guys. Don't think the Coyotes make the playoffs though while the Flames have an outside chance.

I could see someone like Minnesota or Colorado having a terrible season and competing for a bottom-3 spot in the west but the #14 spot is ours for the taking this year once the annual injuries to defensemen bug hits. :towel:

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I think LA and Anaheim could drop a lot this year. LA is getting older with nothing coming from below. They missed two years ago no reason why they are guaranteed for next year.

LA has impact players at every position.

Only way they aren't a solid playoff team is if they get ravaged by injury.

Jake Muzzin and Alec Martinez have to be two of the most underrated players in the NHL, especially considering the roles they play on a large market contending team. Nobody seems to realize how good they are.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Kings/Sharks are in the top two.
Ducks - could see them dropping not a fan of them.
Oilers/Flames - Both have potential to be very good but could falter due to a few things.
Nucks/Coyotes - Will be battling for last place in the division. I thin the Nucks will finish ahead of them due to Erikson and the Sedins.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
LA has impact players at every position.

Only way they aren't a solid playoff team is if they get ravaged by injury.

Jake Muzzin and Alec Martinez have to be two of the most underrated players in the NHL, especially considering the roles they play on a large market contending team. Nobody seems to realize how good they are.

I still don't know why people say L.A. are getting old. Their key guys that make up the core are all under 30. Kopitar and Dowty, both game changers, are 28 and 26. Maybe it's the hate. Either way, L.A will not be going anywhere. #WeSuk

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
LA for me is way too strong defensively. at the very worst they'll be on the bubble. They had a lot go wrong for them two years ago. they were still a +15 and one of the best defensive teams in the league.

Anaheim could step back but they are still the reigning Jennings winners.

San Jose went to the finals. i think they have another good season in them.

up to the rest of the division to take a step.

sidenote - i forgot how ****ing nuts that 2012 defensive season by the Blues was. 155 GA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad