GDT: #15 Devils vs. Blues / 7:00 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I hate tuesday night games...they keep losing them.

Absolutely thought of this before this game even started, just didn't wanna say anything on here.

Our record on Tuesday's is easily the worst out of any day of the week that we have played multiple games on.

Only Tuesday night win was Arizona. We lost to Nashville, CBJ, NYI, now St Louis on Tuesday night.

Just was trying to remember who we play next Tuesday. Lovely! Piece of ****ing **** Calgary!

Their fans were so awesome in our GDT the last time we played them.

That's where the golden and legendary comment about Ramo being able to win a cup behind Chicago came from!

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Good thing for one reason or another I haven't been at any of the Tuesday games then :P

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
We were outmatched by a team with size and speed. These type of teams will always give the Devils fits.

Honestly, the Blues are a slow team right now. They have a few quick guys, and their defensemen can skate, but do not confuse the Blues for a fast team. They struggle with actually fast teams like Minnesota, Nashville, and Chicago. That's why the Devils controlled the first period, because they used their speed to control the neutral zone and the Blues were stuck chasing.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I want to say it looks like the area where the Devils Dancers used to be outside section 17 but when I have seen that area it's just empty so it's probably as you said in a suite or the restaurant somewhere.

My other thought was where the dancers used to be.

I'll have to check it out when I come visit for a game again sometime in 2024.:laugh:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That was a dumb question by Stan to Hynes

''How much does it sting to get scored on by guys like Havlat and Gomez?''

Hynes had nothing to do with those guys, he wasn't here for them. Why even ask him that?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Honestly, the Blues are a slow team right now. They have a few quick guys, and their defensemen can skate, but do not confuse the Blues for a fast team. They struggle with actually fast teams like Minnesota, Nashville, and Chicago. That's why the Devils controlled the first period, because they used their speed to control the neutral zone and the Blues were stuck chasing.

Yeah I don't think the Blues are that fast either, but that doesn't mean they aren't a great team.

I think last year, the Devils were so awful and so incredibly slow at the same time, I think it seems like the good teams are now always automatically assumed to be fast teams. Or incorrectly labeled as fast teams. That isn't always the case though.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
ya….i like tuesday night hockey to watch on tv…..live though ….sucks that the devils game coming up in toronto is dec 8…..a tuesday…….the other one this season here is thursday feb 4

every ****ing season its mid week games here…rare exception was the hhof game on a friday year nieds got inducted

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012

Maybe not North to South fast, but the way they cycled, passed the puck quickly and opened up space in the offensive zone was effortless.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
we played the 1st period

could have stuck a fork in em after that...they looked done

well at least kalinin had a good night, looked hungry out there

better jolt themselves back to life for the hawks rematch or that will be ugly too

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Marcus Foligno could be an interesting target in a trade for Gelinas.

Bleed would probably love that acquisition.

Probably have to extend his old man to a 5 year contract to continue scouting for us as part of that trade.:laugh:

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
It would have been cool to see what Gomez could have done under Hynes' system :(

Still wish he had been re-signed by Shero. I think he still would've been a good playmaker for us. Most of the stuff Shero has done I agree with, but that I still regard as a mistake, especially since JJ hasn't really shown much offensively yet if that is who was supposed to step up.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
I think St. Louis just outclassed us when they started to realize they had to play a hard game. Seemed like they matched the pace NJD set and they're too big for us to just command the offensive zone. The only guy powering in on the Devils was Kalinin, and that was like "once" in the 3rd.

Really poor defensive coverage reads by both forwards and defense on that 2nd goal. Saw the replay again to confirm what i thought I originally saw as it happened, and shook my head Two forwards and a defense collapse (Henrique, Tootoo, and Moore?) on a single guy in 5 on 5 (way to go guys), you know they have 4 other guys on the ice right?

Merrill actually covered his man right in that situation filling in for Moore's expected coverage. It just looked bad at the end when he realzied no one else was covering the guy at the back door. Too bad Tlusty didn't recognize at all, the gap down low, and Henrique was like 3 steps behind and couldn't catch up back to mark properly.

Merrill looked worse than he actually played it. Of course he should have cleared the puck out in the first place that started that whole sequence.

Hope they learn from that because you can't win games leaving the coverage open like that.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
It would have been cool to see what Gomez could have done under Hynes' system :(

I think he would have been an ideal #3 center, but it is what it is. I understand the reasoning behind not bringing him back, even if I didn't necessarily agree with it.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
I felt like a lot of the forwards <cough palmieri> were being too cute with the puck in the 1st period. Just shoot it.
Lots of turnovers, broken plays...couldn't get on the board and then the next two periods they were just outplayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad