GDT: (15/04/13) Ottawa at Boston | Game Postponed, Sens home safe

Status
Not open for further replies.

sensR4real

Apr 19, 2006
Ottawa
This argument is old and doesn't apply in this situation. We don't lose by limiting the chances other innocent people could get seriously hurt. The arena is minutes away from where multiple people were killed by BOMBS. I'm sure you missing out on watching a hockey game won't mean the terrorists win or lose.

Sheesh.

I believe you are missing the point here...

Dana Scully

I want to believe.
Dec 3, 2005
Ottawa
HOPE FOR BOSTON ‏@HopeForBoston now

R.I.P. to the 8 year-old girl who died in Boston's explosions, while running for the Sandy Hook kids. #prayforboston
---------------
Ahh nevermind..effing fake apparantly

Who the hell makes up these stories? :shakehead

Dana Scully

I want to believe.
Dec 3, 2005
Ottawa
Yeah like bringing a backpack full of bombs to a hockey game is actually possible...

The game is only cancelled because it's the "politically correct" to do, believe me. Running this game with heightened security would EASILY be possible.

But i don't want to get sidetracked here, I have family in Boston, and you best believe my thoughts and prayers are with them tonight.

The game is cancelled because the city was basically on lockdown. They were trying to get people AWAY from downtown Boston. Roads were closed. There's heightened security EVERYWHERE. Why would they want 17k+ people coming into city they're trying to secure?

It's not politically correct, it's common freaking sense.

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
The game is cancelled because the city was basically on lockdown. They were trying to get people AWAY from downtown Boston. Roads were closed. There's heightened security EVERYWHERE. Why would they want 17k+ people coming into city they're trying to secure?

It's not politically correct, it's common freaking sense.

Agree 100%. The guy you are responding is just talking out of his ass.

It was in no way possible to have a game yesterday.

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
Right thing to do. Now looking at the Bruins schedule, they play every other day. The only time we can play this game is on Sunday the 28th, which is the day after the season ends.

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
Part of the Boston airport shut down today, looks like it may be a threat received. Ongonig situation, any talk about resuming games, etc. is premature.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
mod note: not the time or place to make political or sociopolitical statements. Go to the lounge thread if you want to talk more 'deeply' about this event.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
yeah, that.

the only other posting on this subject i expect to see on the sens board is confirmed information regarding the rescheduling of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad