Prospect Info: 14th Overall - Julius Honka

Primetimey*

Great pick, look at those numbers in his DRAFT YEAR as a DEFENSEMAN in the WHL.

Looking forward to him growing physically and becoming an amazing player, right shot to boot!

SolidusAKA

Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
If he can his 6' - 6'1" and 200lbs he could be a poor mans doughty?

Look at guys like Olli Maatta, Honka is producing way better on a worse team at the same age. It's a surprising pick but it might be one that we will be amazed Nill had the foresight to see.

For now, Ill drink the Nill Koolaid haha

MetalGodAOD*

He has a booming slapshot and very good one-timer from the point. Has the knack to get this shot through and on net around the defenders that defend high to try and prevent it. He also has effective wrist and snaps shots and a very good release on both. Honka has good offensive hockey sense and can pick the right time to pinch in for an offensive chance. Even when he makes a poor decision his quick skating can often help him to recover.

Ya I'm OK with this.

Primetimey*

how do people even get mad at draft picks

Because you look at Mock Drafts and when someone is ranked 18-20 and you pick him at 14 then you get mad. Because the guys on the stage have no idea WTF they are doing.

Sports

Jul 12, 2011
Because you look at Mock Drafts and when someone is ranked 18-20 and you pick him at 14 then you get mad. Because the guys on the stage have no idea WTF they are doing.

Everything about what you just said is so wrong I can't if you're being serious or not.

Primetimey*

Everything about what you just said is so wrong I can't if you're being serious or not.

I'm being so serious I am about to take my computer and throw it out the window because we drafted Honka.

:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad