Blue Jays GDT: ('14 v9) Next Game: vs StL|Jun 7|1pm ET/10am PT| Miller vs Buehrle

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheThrill81*

He also rips off movie characters.

tumblr_n3ydel71y91qctbb9o1_500.jpg

Does that make him Cherryjuice? :sarcasm:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
This is the type of win a contender gets. Lots of bad luck but still managed to pull through.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
This is the type of win a contender gets. Lots of bad luck but still managed to pull through.

We've had a lot of "contender type" wins lately. The sweeps of Oakland and Detroit especially.

Also looked at the box score for attendance..33,528. Solid! I expect the crowds to get bigger than that along the way and I expect the weekday crowds to be a lot better. There's no excuse to not have at least 30,000 every night, and that's a low standard to begin with. 34-28, 14 games above .500, 6 games ahead of the 2nd place Yankees. This team is a legit contender and it's good to see a very solid crowd last night

Crustacean

Feb 8, 2009
Loving watching the Jays. Our offence is clicking, we're getting some timely pitching by Stroman, Hutchinson and Happ, in addition to Buerhle leading the way with the slowest fastball in the MLB. The bullpen is solid. If the Jays are still rolling in a month, I'd love to see a trade for another true #1/2, even if it is just a rental.

Knock on wood, but if the wheels come off this train, it will be at the hands of the starting pitching and/or injuries.

Am I the only one who loves seeing Gose lead off an inning at #9? While I know he won't be knocking Rasmus out of CF, it is great to see him playing well. Hope he can keep it up.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Loving watching the Jays. Our offence is clicking, we're getting some timely pitching by Stroman, Hutchinson and Happ, in addition to Buerhle leading the way with the slowest fastball in the MLB. The bullpen is solid. If the Jays are still rolling in a month, I'd love to see a trade for another true #1/2, even if it is just a rental.

Knock on wood, but if the wheels come off this train, it will be at the hands of the starting pitching and/or injuries.

Am I the only one who loves seeing Gose lead off an inning at #9? While I know he won't be knocking Rasmus out of CF, it is great to see him playing well. Hope he can keep it up.

Right now we don't need a #1. Stroman has done a great job and he can be considered our insurance. His projection is to be a #2 starter and he's pitching like it right now so IMO save the assets. We just had one of the best draft hauls in a long time. Keep all our stud prospects together and contend while having a top 5 farm system. If we're going to make a move it should be to the BP not the rotation. Happ is a very good 5th starter, Dickey is...Dickey, Buerhle is our ace, Stroman and Hutch are admirable #2-#3. Remember we still have Morrow out with an injury so although he's going to the BP more than likely.. he can still be used as a starter if need be in the future.

The Cubs asked for Stroman/Sanchez + Hutchison for Samardjzia before the season started. His value has gotten even higher, there is no way I would trade one of Stroman/Sanchez+ Hutch right now for Samardjzia. No way I do that..Prices are going to be ridiculous for starting pitchers at the deadline. If we're still rolling at that time, I'd just try and get some BP help and ride this thing out

Last edited:

DatsyukianDeke*

We've had a lot of "contender type" wins lately. The sweeps of Oakland and Detroit especially.

Also looked at the box score for attendance..33,528. Solid! I expect the crowds to get bigger than that along the way and I expect the weekday crowds to be a lot better. There's no excuse to not have at least 30,000 every night, and that's a low standard to begin with. 34-28, 14 games above .500, 6 games ahead of the 2nd place Yankees. This team is a legit contender and it's good to see a very solid crowd last night

A lot of the fans were Cardinals fans. It's like a premium game.

DatsyukianDeke*

No you're wrong. Even if there were a thousand Cardinals fans (even that's pushing it) there's still over 32,000 fans at the game last night.

:laugh: No you're wrong.

I go to Cards games everytime they come to Toronto (in 2010 I went to all 3), there is way more then 1k Cardinal fans in attendance. You cannot tell from a Boxscore how many people were opposition fans btw or by watching on TV.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
We just had one of the best draft hauls in a long time.

The Cubs asked for Stroman/Sanchez + Hutchison for Samardjzia before the season started. His value has gotten even higher, there is no way I would trade one of Stroman/Sanchez+ Hutch right now for Samardjzia. No way I do that..Prices are going to be ridiculous for starting pitchers at the deadline. If we're still rolling at that time, I'd just try and get some BP help and ride this thing out

I got thinking about this after the draft the Jays had (assuming they sign all 3) -- does bringing in Hoffman and Reid-Foley allow the Jays to entertain the notion of moving Sanchez in a trade? The cupboard got stocked nicely; could they now turn around and use him as a piece to make a push?

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
:laugh: No you're wrong.

I go to Cards games everytime they come to Toronto (in 2010 I went to all 3), there is way more then 1k Cardinal fans in attendance. You cannot tell from a Boxscore how many people were opposition fans btw or by watching on TV.

You honestly think there were more than 1000 Cardinals fans at last night's game?? LOL Whatever you say pal

I'll give you a few hundred but no way more than 1k.

Last edited:

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I got thinking about this after the draft the Jays had (assuming they sign all 3) -- does bringing in Hoffman and Reid-Foley allow the Jays to entertain the notion of moving Sanchez in a trade? The cupboard got stocked nicely; could they now turn around and use him as a piece to make a push?

They could do that or they could keep everyone and replenish the rotation once guys like Dickey/Buerhle either move on or retire. Those two aren't young pups anymore. Although I think Buerhle could pitch into his 40's. I wouldn't trade Sanchez+ Stroman or whoever for Samardjzia. AA even said that we needed to replenish some pitching in the system after the big moves. I don't think he's going to go out and deplete it again, it's going to take a lot more than Sanchez to get Samardjzia.

Why not have the best of both worlds, contend and have a top 5 farm system.

Last edited:

DatsyukianDeke*

You honestly think there were more than 1000 Cardinals fans at last night's game?? LOL Whatever you say pal

Why get so defensive? Who cares really if 28,000 were Jays fans and 4,000 Cardinal fans.

Cards have a huge following and are one of the most successful franchises in Baseball.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Why get so defensive? Who cares really if 28,000 were Jays fans and 4,000 Cardinal fans.

Cards have a huge following and are one of the most successful franchises in Baseball.

I'm not getting defensive I'm just standing up to my point. I just don't believe there were 1000 Cardinal fans at the Dome last night..4,000! wtf lol. No way man

I don't think even 1000 Jays fans make the trip to Detroit for their games..1000 people is 1000 people. Maybe a few hundred like 300-400 but not 1000 thats a **** load. If a 1000 fans of any team went to a visiting ball park they'd probably take a group bus or a plane or something. You're telling me 1000+ Cardinal fans all decided to hit up the Dome last night? You can believe that, I have a hard time with that.

I don't think even 1000 Yankee fans hit up the Dome when they visit.

DatsyukianDeke*

I'm not getting defensive I'm just standing up to my point. I just don't believe there were 1000 Cardinal fans at the Dome last night..4,000! wtf lol. No way man

I don't think even 1000 Jays fans make the trip to Detroit for their games..1000 people is 1000 people. Maybe a few hundred like 300-400 but not 1000 thats a **** load. If a 1000 fans of any team went to a visiting ball park they'd probably take a group bus or a plane or something. You're telling me 1000+ Cardinal fans all decided to hit up the Dome last night? You can believe that, I have a hard time with that.

I don't think even 1000 Yankee fans hit up the Dome when they visit.

Your standing on your point of looking at a box score?

Also why do you assume that they would come from St Louis? I used to live in Detroit, and still love my Red Wings but I now live in Toronto and when they come to Toronto I go to the games at the ACC. Fans in the GTA like or have relocated from other places and still cheer for their teams. It's not out of the realm for thousands to show up to a game at the Rogers Center.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Your standing on your point of looking at a box score?

Also why do you assume that they would come from St Louis? I used to live in Detroit, and still love my Red Wings but I now live in Toronto and when they come to Toronto I go to the games at the ACC. Fans in the GTA like or have relocated from other places and still cheer for there teams. It's not out of the realm for thousands to show up to a game at the Rogers Center.

Standing on my point? It's my OPINION that less than 1000 Cardinal fans were at the Dome last night. Why does this need to keep going? I don't need to prove why I think less than 1000 Cardinal fans were at the dome. Get over it. I made a comment about attendance last night and you just blew this into one of the dumbest discussions I've ever been a part of.

DatsyukianDeke*

Standing on my point? It's my OPINION that less than 1000 Cardinal fans were at the Dome last night. Why does this need to keep going? I don't need to prove why I think less than 1000 Cardinal fans were at the dome. Get over it. I made a comment about attendance last night and you just blew this into one of the dumbest discussions I've ever been a part of.

:shakehead

No point in keeping this going, you just choose to read what you want and ignore everything else. I agree this is the dumbest discussion I've been apart of, why did you reply to me again?

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
soooo back to the whole point of this thread the Blue Jays. I was thinking about the current run we've been on and I can't see us going on any type of long losing streak. With Buerhle/Stroman/Hutch pitching like they are any type of losing streak will probably end from the likes of one these guys. We've built a big enough lead where we just have to keep this ship steady and we'll be in the playoffs. Last season we ****ed up in a big way after our 10 game winning streak, I like the response this team had for the 2 gamer we had going against KC. Big thing is to stop any type of negative momentum quickly and get back on the winning path. Until then though..keep riding this wave!

Crustacean

Feb 8, 2009
Right now we don't need a #1. Stroman has done a great job and he can be considered our insurance. His projection is to be a #2 starter and he's pitching like it right now so IMO save the assets. We just had one of the best draft hauls in a long time. Keep all our stud prospects together and contend while having a top 5 farm system. If we're going to make a move it should be to the BP not the rotation. Happ is a very good 5th starter, Dickey is...Dickey, Buerhle is our ace, Stroman and Hutch are admirable #2-#3. Remember we still have Morrow out with an injury so although he's going to the BP more than likely.. he can still be used as a starter if need be in the future.

I certainly agree that I wouldn't do Stroman/Sanchez + Hutchison for Samardzija, but I think being practical about it we have:

Dickey - pitching like a #3, at best a #2 from what we've seen this year/last year
Buerhle - pitching like a #1, I'd expect him to regress to a #2/3 as he has been over his career
Hutchison - Happy with him pitching like a #3. Has been both fantastic and less than stellar.
Happ - solid #5.
Stroman - I hope he continues to pitch like he does, but still the most I'd expect out of him is to hold the #4 spot. Keep in mind he has only started 2 games, and will falter at some point this year.
Morrow - lets see what he can do when he comes back.

Who of those 5 can you expect to pitch in a playoff series? You ideally want 3 solid starters going into the playoffs. Buerhle for sure, maybe Dickey, maybe Hutchison, unlikely Stroman, definitely not Happ. Consider the Tigers have Verlander, Sanchez and Scherzer...

I wonder what we would have to give up to get Cliff Lee... though his contract might be too much for the Jays to eat with Romero in the minors. I wouldn't target Samardzija, too expensive... I doubt the Rays trade Price within the division... I wonder who else is out there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce