Blue Jays GDT: ('14 v9) Next Game: vs StL|Jun 7|1pm ET/10am PT| Miller vs Buehrle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
if oviedo didnt blow it trying to throw gose out the jays would be 14-3

it all evens out

Why is that a guaranteed loss if he does not throw it away? The game was tied at the time. Even if Oviedo (AKA Leo Nunez) does not throw it away, the Jays might have still won it.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
So you are saying there is a good professional sports team in Toronto?

Let me double check that. :):sarcasm:

BTW dat Stroman kid has some good stuff. The ball movement looks nasty just on TV. Imagine trying to hit one of those. I'd need like 10000 at bat to maybe get one.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Fixed it for you. Last time I checked, the Raptors won 48 games and won their division just a couple of months ago.

and the Argos. And the Rock :)laugh: i feel so bad for them, talk about the red-head stepchildren of Toronto Sports)

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
and the Argos. And the Rock :)laugh: i feel so bad for them, talk about the red-head stepchildren of Toronto Sports)

The Rock have been good. Was meant in terms of major sports. If not then the Marlies have been very good the last few seasons with deep playoff runs.

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
Why is that a guaranteed loss if he does not throw it away? The game was tied at the time. Even if Oviedo (AKA Leo Nunez) does not throw it away, the Jays might have still won it.

His point stands though, you can't really say that when we've caught some breaks along the way too. It all usually balances out.

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
I liked what the Leafs were doing but not so much now. Raptors look very good.

Leafs suck man, they need to actually build a core the proper way.

Jays> raps (unless the nba/refs allow them to win) are the only good teams in toronto

And rofl yea daisy like that anology

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
The Rock have been good. Was meant in terms of major sports. If not then the Marlies have been very good the last few seasons with deep playoff runs.

no - i know when things like that is said - people mean the big 4 - and we're seriously lacking there. but It's always funny that even when people pump the Argos tires - people ignore the Rock, and then they go "oh yah, thems"

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Thought Buerhle was starting tonight so I was pleased to see the score in the 8th .. The. After the game I saw Stroman started and shut down the Cards - made me giddy all over

What a run they are on!! Take the series tomorrow and keep rolling!

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
So that Bautista at-bat is practically guaranteed to be the worst at-bat of the entire season (across MLB) in terms of outcome. It's funny but we went from 2.37 expected runs to 0 in one swing. I would be more than a little upset if fangraphs didn't have a feature on it at some point.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Thought Buerhle was starting tonight so I was pleased to see the score in the 8th .. The. After the game I saw Stroman started and shut down the Cards - made me giddy all over

What a run they are on!! Take the series tomorrow and keep rolling!

He shut them down, but it was a little bumpy along the way. Lots of weak contact that managed to dribble through holes in the D or find just the right place to fall in. Both teams left tons of runners on base (combined for 21. 12 by the Jays, 9 by the Cards.)

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Nah, Zauns suits still look like suits. Cherry looks like he raids the curtain department of bed, bath, and beyond and then takes them to a tailor.

He also rips off movie characters.

tumblr_n3ydel71y91qctbb9o1_500.jpg

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Loving this team so much. Come on Buehrle, don't let up and let's win this series!

Stroman has some amazing stuff. His slider is one of the filthiest I've ever seen. I'd rather keep him than package him for a Samardzija; he just has too much potential, plus he's already an effective pitcher, and hopefully he can keep it up. The kid is a gamer.

Reyes and Lawrie heating up--great to see. Janssen is money as usual.

We won, but the Cards got off pretty easy with some of the jams they found them-self in; it could've been much worse for them. They certainly had some luck, but Jays have enough talent to overcome it.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
we all know the nets weren't a typical #6 seed out of the east

This is a good point. People seem to forget the Nets were picked by many to be a title contender. It just took them like half the season to gel.

Assuming they even played ok out of the gate, they probably slot in as a 4 seed, if not win the division altogether

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad