Blue Jays GDT: ('14 v14) Next game: @NYY | Fri, Jul 25 | 7pm ET/4pm PT |Buehrle vs Kuroda

Status
Not open for further replies.

DatsyukianDeke*

Would like to see Bautista and Stanton not sit for over an hour while everyone else stays warm.

DatsyukianDeke*

Cespedes is an absolute beast. I think he has a chance to win 3 in a row.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Boo, the HR derby finals were even more lopsided than this.

yx8rf5xi1nxfowzkptjh.gif

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
ready for discussion of the 2014 edition of the Derek Jeter Memorial Classic All-Star Game starring Derek Jeter in recognition of his Jeterian Excellence and All-Around Superlative Amazingness On And Off The Field.

Oh, and there are some other guys on the field too, I guess.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
ready for discussion of the 2014 edition of the Derek Jeter Memorial Classic All-Star Game starring Derek Jeter in recognition of his Jeterian Excellence and All-Around Superlative Amazingness On And Off The Field.

Oh, and there are some other guys on the field too, I guess.

if the other guys are lucky, maybe they'll get giftbaskets!

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Jose struck out, inning over, but 3-0 AL.
are we going to be kissing Jeter's behind all night/

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
rofl. Wainwright says he gave Jeter a softy to hit, then has to backpedal because he only realized how terrible it sounds after it's on national TV. :facepalm:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
:laugh: that's awesome.

Yep. Rosenthal goes on and says that Wainwright told him the decided to give Jeter a couple "right down the pipe", then laughingly said he would've reconsidered if he knew Jeter would hit a double. Then like 5 minutes later Erin Andrews has Wainwright in the dugout with a TV piping the broadcast next to them and he's going on about how he wouldn't insult the integrity of the game by not competing and how he wouldn't intentionally try to give up hits to anyone.

It was funny listening to him trying to squirm out of his first comments because he heard them on TV and realized that it sounded ridiculous given that "the game matters."

TheThrill81*

Lol @ Wainwright's comments. "No, I don't like social media." :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad