GDT: #14 Devils vs. Canucks: Panicked Matinee Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
I had no idea they called it Interference. Wow, even the Refs themselves had to quickly think of a crappy excuse, and that sure takes the cake. Funny though, I watched the play myself in person and online and still think it was just a good, clean hit. By reading Vancouvers forum around that time frame, you would think that Larrson shanked the guy to death. :laugh:

Yea, a few of my friends saw it and original thought he was hit in the head and didnt know what the exact penalty was. I told them and they seemed confused since the puck was pretty much just coming off the stick. Once they saw the hit again they were even more confused since it looked shoulder on shoulder.

As for those fans, same group sticking up for Burrows haha. That says it all.

Burrows and Prust can both go **** off together.

Prust talking **** made me laugh, not because what he said was funny, but since he has the audacity to talk about the skills of players when hes a fringe NHLer and was traded from the best team in hockey to one of the borderline / average teams that could possibly be closer to the bottom.

Seriously impressive. Team is not experiencing much if any fall off between loses right now, no matter who they play next.

No team should play us and expect an easy two points this year.

Yea, they look solid and shouldnt be an easy game for anyone, or so I hope. If they didnt hit so many posts tonight they probably could have had at least 5-6 goals.

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
Farnham is highly entertaining.

A side show, but man he is fun to watch.

He had some great chances tonight and couldn't capitalize on them. I think he needs to calm down a bit and take better control of his puck handling game. Yes he's speedy as hell, yes he can make huge hits and fight but with alittle better control over his stick, I think he can be GREAT for the 4th line

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
He knows what he's doing, he's not as much of loose cannon as he appears to be. That's why you don't see him freaking out and doing stupid things like the Downies and Carcillos of the world.

http://thehockeywriters.com/bobby-farnham-the-life-of-an-energy-guy/

I love this guy just because of his ties to one of the best places for groceries.

With an Ivy League degree, Farnham obviously has career options off the ice. His family shares ownership of a successful supermarket chain, Market Basket, which has stores in three U.S. states. It started as a grocery store opened in 1916 by his maternal great-grandparents, who were immigrants from Greece. The family business “could be a real possibility,†said Farnham.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Farnham runs around like crazy, but he seems to have self-control and knows exactly what he's doing. He so far hasn't been doing stupid things, just the right things to completely piss off the other team and their fans.

He pretty much acts like a Hanson brother, but it just seems like an act. As if he knows he doesn't really have the talent to be an NHLer, but skates well and is going to use that to cause mayhem on the ice.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I thought I saw Tlusty rub his collarbone during a timeout on the bench.

That may explain why he was quite bad tonight. Maybe still not healed up.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
some rag reject from a few years ago

Haha my point exactly.

If he doesn't have a better season than his 18 points in 82 games last year, he might be a guy who has trouble finding work in the NHL when he's a UFA this offseason.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Seriously impressive. Team is not experiencing much if any fall off between loses right now, no matter who they play next.

No team should play us and expect an easy two points this year.

Credit to Hiney Head for getting the most out of the team up to this point.

Now only if he could get himself a hairpiece, so I don't have to call him Hiney Head anymore and get him confused with Johnny Mac during intermissions.:laugh:

We haven't even needed Cory to stand on his head as much, like a lot of those 2-1 and 1-0 nailbiters last season. And we've given him a respectable amount of goal support when he's in, unlike some of the offense given to him his first two years here.

Hines has been able to make better decisions with a roster devoid of a lot of talent, and actually look like he knows what he's doing. He's even refrained from stupid line combinations with the 4th liners playing in the top 6, at least for the most part. He did some experimenting with Tootoo and a couple other guys playing up there early on, but he had a much quicker trigger pull when it wasn't working than some other people do. And not forcing players to play on the wing of the hand they use to shoot with. My god that was a huge pet peeve of mine from very early on with the last head coach we had.

My only complaint is Schlemko on the power play. Not sure why that is, it's something that doesn't make any sense to me. I don't know if the analytics guys have data that suggests he's very good at holding the zone or what. Schlemko has been good on the penalty kill and at even strength, I just don't see why he's on the power play. He's the worst offense producing defenseman we have.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Maybe, just maybe the Devils are a little better than anyone gave them credit for?

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
Maybe definitely better then the so called experts around the league said.

We don't look like a bottom 2 team to me.

It's funny, during the off season the critics/media really ragged on how terrible this team would be right off the bat because of what the names said on paper. This team are proving they will not go down without a fight each and every game. Hynes had clearly brainwashed the players into actually believing in themselves and creating a winning attitude. I think by the end of the season, all the critics will realize the Devils "Rebuild" never happened and see we are still a force to be reckoned with.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Stl will be a tough challenge since they play such a structured game and they have that electrifying sniper.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
Maybe definitely better then the so called experts around the league said.

We don't look like a bottom 2 team to me.

All of the questions marks are producing, the predictions seemed fair if we are being honest but credit to the coaches and players.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
We were never going to be a bottom-3 team with Schneider.

The season is still quite young but I'm VERY encouraged.

It's not our time yet, but I think we can be what Columbus has been the past few years until now - a team that makes up for lack of star power with work ethic and smart decisions.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Side note: The Cangy man is seriously growing on me. Kenny too.

They sound WWE, it's great. Bah gawd Kenny, that's Farnhams music.

NorwegianDevil

Jul 13, 2012
Trondheim, Norway
Wiiho! Proud!!

Now I dont regret spending 200 dollas on Devils merch! Mehehe..

Now only if Zacha could get sent up, destroy the league and they would sell Zacha t-shirts!

LGD!!!

hutter

Mar 6, 2014
The thing about our team is that if last year we could score another goal every other 3 games, we would've made the playoffs due to Cory alone.

Everyone thinks we're getting lucky, but we're not. We're unlucky at even strength, actually, and Cory hasn't even warmed up yet. I don't think we're going to do well against a team like Montreal or Boston, but these high-octane offense only teams are a different story.

It'll be scary when he has one of his signature 3-month stonewalls come January.

Cory provides such a low goal threshold to meet to win consistently, that we may have passed it this year alone simply by cutting fat and getting faster.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Hynes and Palmieri are growing on me. If only he could keep Schlemko minutes down to 16 per game with no PP time...

I'd love to see Boucher/Blandisi taking Tlusty's spot on Zajac line too.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Hynes and Palmieri are growing on me. If only he could keep Schlemko minutes down to 16 per game with no PP time...

I'd love to see Boucher/Blandisi taking Tlusty's spot on Zajac line too.

Schlemko has actually been playing a lot better the last couple of weeks. He got off to a rough start with some bad turnovers/giveaways the first bunch of games, but he's been playing much better of late.

Moore has also been a very steady, reliable surprise so far as well, almost like a poor man's Andy Greene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad