GDT: #14 Devils vs. Canucks: Panicked Matinee Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I would've given it to him strictly for that breakaway save on the PK.

My goodness, another bullet dodged on one of those earlier PK's in the game.

That 5 minute kill was completely different from the earlier ones.

I didn't have much confidence in killing that one off, it was very good though.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
I'm just happy I don't have to watch that BORING, insanity, low event, ineffective, perimeter play, keep trying the same thing over and over again even though it's not working, getting shutout by a goaltender that no one's ever heard of before, type game like we've seen the last few seasons.

Seriously. Even if we had lost today, at least I wouldn't feel as numb as I have the last two years.

We gutted it out and that 5 minute kill was epic. By and large, NHL refs do a good job, but today's game was...not great by them.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
My goodness, another bullet dodged on one of those earlier PK's in the game.

That 5 minute kill was completely different from the earlier ones.

I didn't have much confidence in killing that one off, it was very good though.

That was save of the game. Kinky doesn't stop that clean breakaway we most likely lose.

Why I'm fine with the boys giving him the hard hat.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Seriously. Even if we had lost today, at least I wouldn't feel as numb as I have the last two years.

We gutted it out and that 5 minute kill was epic. By and large, NHL refs do a good job, but today's game was...not great by them.

Yeah this was a pretty awfully called game, I thought even some of the calls against them were generous.

And what the hell does 5 minute interference mean? I didn't even know there was a 5 minute penalty for interference.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
I'm sorry I missed the end of the game, but I couldn't be late for my birthday dinner. So glad we came away with the win, though. I was starting to doubt, but this team pulled out the win, and that's all that matters so long as the league doesn't do anything stupid (and totally unjustified) with regard to the Larsson hit. Thanks to the Devils for the birthday win even if it wasn't pretty.

Happy Birthday

hard fought win amid horrid officiating tonight, that larsson major wtf :shakehead

nice seeing kalinin finally get his 1st goal, really was due after the hard work he's been putting in

team had attitude to spare tonight, a couple scrums, some physical play, shocking 5 minute kill

also loved the coach's challenge, had a feeling right away even before the slowdown angles that we had a reversal incoming on that

then finally the no look windup pass from cam to palms for the huge OT winner, thing of beauty

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
Total BS call. He turned his head to avoid the hit - fine. His stick broke just below his hand from the torque spinning out of the hit against the boards and pretty sure that is what caused his "injury" when it flipped up into his chin. That or he hit his chin against the glass himself. Either way - was not a hit to the head.

HORRIBLE CALL. 5 min major only because he was "hurt" but magically went down the hall and comes back to the bench 5 seconds after the major call is made. Total choke job by the refs.

It's honestly one of the worst calls I've ever seen made. A clean hard hit and nothing more. But they ate up the post hit theatrics like a hot fudge sundae.

The officiating crew had zero control over this game. A true **** stain performance through and through. I didn't catch the names of the referees tonight but this was the type of inept garbage that you would normally see from the likes of Stephen Walkom or Eric Furlatt. Horrendous doesn't even begin to describe this train wreck.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Farnham is highly entertaining.

A side show, but man he is fun to watch.

Aside from fanning on that open net, which he hit the post on the 2nd chance, I thought he played another good game hockey wise.

He could skate and he seems to have decent hockey sense.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
The main board is essentially saying that Tootoo is a POS too and that trash talking is a part of sports. Some people, rational people, understand that some things are off limits, but most think Tootoo is the one in the wrong here for going to the media. This is why we cannot have nice things in life because people are stupid.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
The main board is essentially saying that Tootoo is a POS too and that trash talking is a part of sports. Some people, rational people, understand that some things are off limits, but most think Tootoo is the one in the wrong here for going to the media. This is why we cannot have nice things in life because people are stupid.

A good example of why I limit my visits to the main board. Yikes.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I don't know how the ref (#37) is in the league. That was an absolute abomination giving Larsson 5 minutes. Was it interference, yes, but not a major and misconduct. Apparently this ref averages like 25 games a year over 10 years, so it shows what the NHL thinks of him too.

The PK was excellent tonight. That had to be over 15 minutes of PK tonight with nothing surrendered.

The PP was ok, except the 5 on 3. They need to get shots away with a little more traffic in front and for the love of god Camm, don't shoot wide on the far side.

Kalinin was a beast. He looks like Zubrus, just muscling everybody out of the corner.

I wish Jake could just get one goal. Good hustle by him to get to the puck on the GWG. It didn't get him on the scoresheet, but he needs to get his props for that. I like the fact that he's shooting a bit more.

The O'Neill experiment needs to end.

Schlemko has really looked good, in fact, I think he looks better than Moore.

Kinkaid looked rusty. He has to play every 5th game, not every 9th.

It's exciting to watch this team again!

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010

Yea, it's ridiculous.

A guy that has never complained to the media (as far as I can remember) is a whiner and should "grow a pair" even though he went after classless Burrows, but it's all on him eh?

The false equivalency in that thread is annoying as well.

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
:laugh:

it was called "interference" …and 5 minutes to boot

kittenizing of the game

I had no idea they called it Interference. Wow, even the Refs themselves had to quickly think of a crappy excuse, and that sure takes the cake. Funny though, I watched the play myself in person and online and still think it was just a good, clean hit. By reading Vancouvers forum around that time frame, you would think that Larrson shanked the guy to death. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad