Prospect Info: #13 Nico Hischier: "I love to hockey" Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
not at all concerned with nico's shot. see the vancouver goal. he's not going to have a cannon but he's smart, accurate, and quick enough to get the job done. i see him at max potential 25-30g, 55-75 assists. I think his game and skills will prevent prolonged slumps (he's only had a streak of 4 games in a row where hes held pointless).

hes got all the makeup to be a superstar. his attitude and intelligence is at that level already. he has that calm swiss confidence ala federer.

Reactions: habs0429

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
not at all concerned with nico's shot. see the vancouver goal. he's not going to have a cannon but he's smart, accurate, and quick enough to get the job done. i see him at max potential 25-30g, 55-75 assists. I think his game and skills will prevent prolonged slumps (he's only had a streak of 4 games in a row where hes held pointless).

hes got all the makeup to be a superstar. his attitude and intelligence is at that level already. he has that calm swiss confidence ala federer.

Nico's game is all about deception and shiftiness. He's going to beat goalies to score by outsmarting them, not powering it through like Palmieri does.

He's going to be the guy that sees a goalie will be screened and then sneaks a shot by or catches a goalie cheating or waits for a goalie to bite on a play before beating him.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
AFCBED47-375E-421D-A0ED-44C4FB32CB69.jpeg
Today, in the Bruins section's Christmas shopping thread, I posted about a cool Bergeron hoodie I got. What I didn't tell, was that I also ordered this. I am feeling a little naughty about this, eh eh eh...

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
View attachment 87613 Today, in the Bruins section's Christmas shopping thread, I posted about a cool Bergeron hoodie I got. What I didn't tell, was that I also ordered this. I am feeling a little naughty about this, eh eh eh...

It’s like that NFL commercial with the favorite team favorite player jerseys. Go hang your new shirt in your hidden Nico shrine where you burn candles and incense before his life size image. Just kidding obviously. Enjoy the new threads. I have a feeling that Nico shirts and jerseys are probably good sellers compared to anyone else on the team.

Reactions: NjDevsRR

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
It’s like that NFL commercial with the favorite team favorite player jerseys. Go hang your new shirt in your hidden Nico shrine where you burn candles and incense before his life size image. Just kidding obviously. Enjoy the new threads. I have a feeling that Nico shirts and jerseys are probably good sellers compared to anyone else on the team.
It said it was a "top seller" t shirt and I bet that probably the top sellers for Devils merchandise must be him and Hall. Glad I got it. :)

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Did not see it here in last three pages of this thread but I was at the game last night and when Hall, got the knee on knee Nico could get to McDermid fast enough! McDermid is 6'5 and a big kid. Nico has done this on a number of occasions. Nice to see the young little stud sticking up for his own! Was great to see!

Reactions: BruinLVGA

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Did not see it here in last three pages of this thread but I was at the game last night and when Hall, got the knee on knee Nico could get to McDermid fast enough! McDermid is 6'5 and a big kid. Nico has done this on a number of occasions. Nice to see the young little stud sticking up for his own! Was great to see!
That's great to see but one of these days this may cost him a broken bone or concussion. What if he actually scrapped with MacDermid? I don't like the outcome for Hischier.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
With hall,Palm and Mojo out the next few im excited to see what nico can do while being the focal point of an offense

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Bratt is good.

Why do I say this?

Because if Bratt wasn't good.

Then this thread wouldn't exist.

And if this thread didn't exist.

That would suck.

(oh and I just wanted to bump this thread up to remind everyone that Bratt has his own thread, too. Not just Nico. ;) )
ironic mispost is ironic

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
Am I the only one who checks the box scores on a nightly basis to see if Boesser, Barzal, Keller et al. put up points?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I do remember a few people thinking Patrick was going to have a better season then Nico.

Man that wasn't even close.

Even those that liked Nico figured Patrick was more NHL-ready and Nico was a longer-term proposition. Some of their stat difference is role-based but man I didn't expect either stat line on the high or low end.

Reactions: glenwo2

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
That's great to see but one of these days this may cost him a broken bone or concussion. What if he actually scrapped with MacDermid? I don't like the outcome for Hischier.
Lane McDermid has... heavy hands. He would make Nico into ground round. But I agree that it was a honorable move by Nico. I just hope that if he decides to have a fight, that he picks someone his size...

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
With hall,Palm and Mojo out the next few im excited to see what nico can do while being the focal point of an offense

Ouch. I saw Hall's knee on knee, but I thought he was OK after that? Is it projected to be a long term situation? I sure hope not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad