GDT: #13| New York Islanders @ Los Angeles Kings | November 6th 10:30 PM | F/SOW 2-1

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
first star of this game is....capuano.....for listening to.........us.

- he benched conacher
- left kuly and nelson, on occasion, with jt/ko when the Isles were pressing for a goal
- put the kid line back together
- used the 4th line in a limited, but effective way
- kept strait out of the lineup in favour of this very unheralded defense

what an effort.

this is one very rare occasion where one of the best teams in hockey, at home, played really well and the isles matched them in every way - and won.

very impressive.

best game of the year.

Capuano has NOT been listening to me. For a year now I've been telling him to go to a tailor to get suits that fit and to put on his tie in such a way that it doesn't look like his Adam's apple is around his neck.

CaptDenisPotvin

The Tampa Bay Astros are your 2021 Champions
Jun 20, 2007
Not sure where to put this, since it's not thread worthy. Would you guys rather have Halak or MA Fleury in goal for a playoff run? Theres a poll up and MAF has taken the lead:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1768265

The link was posted on the Pens board so I think it's only fair to post here as well, to hear from some NYI fans.

I have a hard time remembering any goalie in the playoffs as bad as Fluery was against the Isles. Montreal last year had an AHL goalie in against the Rag$ and I think I would go with him over Fluery if my season came down to a 7 game series. MAF is not to be trusted, I can't wrap my head around a 4 year extention...to me he's one of the main reasons we aren't talking about a Pitts dynasty at the moment.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
I have a hard time remembering any goalie in the playoffs as bad as Fluery was against the Isles. Montreal last year had an AHL goalie in against the Rag$ and I think I would go with him over Fluery if my season came down to a 7 game series. MAF is not to be trusted, I can't wrap my head around a 4 year extention...to me he's one of the main reasons we aren't talking about a Pitts dynasty at the moment.

You know what...I agree with you. I'd rather have Halak straight up, injury concerns and all. For a playoff campaign, it seems a no brainer, but some Pens fans in that poll apparently think differently.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
Just watched the game. Some random thoughts (no one cares, but whatever):

Wow. Our best game of the season and it ain't even close. That's what it looks like when the boys are motivated. No mental lapses, FINALLY.

Johnson did what we need him to do-- stop the softies and steal a goal or two.

Wow Hickey put on a clinic out there. Dude is game.

Love the fire from Hamonic. Just gotta love that kid. Looks like he's playing hurt BTW.

That's a little glimpse of playoff-Boychuck for you. Did anyone see him go for that green light hit in the second period? Moments later Clifford tries to take his leg off. Coincidence?

Beast Nelson in full effect. Our best forward last night for sure.

Nielsen in the shootout is just beautiful. That's not sport, it's art.

I'll take us against any team in the shootout.

2-0 without Conacher. Coincidence?

LetsGoIslanders

Mar 6, 2005
NYC
I have to give it to Capuano and the players (note: delete this post if they come out with a stinker against Arizona [who is playing Anaheim tonight]). This looked like a 0-5 or 1-4 road trip after losses against SJ and Colorado. If they can come out 3-2, it's a win.

It seems things are "normalizing." Halak and Johnson, although no Roy and Brodeur, are starting hit their stride. The PK is starting to improve.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I can. Nabokov against the Penguins.

That is not the same comparison, unless you are suggesting MAF is on calibre with a goalie way older than him :cool: (9 years older)

If you want to do a proper comparison, at least match Nabby's play 10 years ago with MAF. Nabby was way better in his prime than MAF.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Johnson did what we need him to do-- stop the softies and steal a goal or two.
Yeah, but some of the praise for him is a bit much in here. He is a B level goaltender. The team just didn't expose him to the same number of high % shots like most games this season.

Love the fire from Hamonic. Just gotta love that kid. Looks like he's playing hurt BTW.

Beast Nelson in full effect. Our best forward last night fr sure.

The less risky offense I see in Travis' game, the better a game he has.

Nelson is great. I just think we should be developing him as a center because it is the best long term result for our club.

2-0 without Conacher. Coincidence?

OF CORSI! lol.

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
I'm late to the party lol

Indeed, that was an awesome game. That's the type of game we knew these guys could play.
There was a consistent effort we saw this game that we didn't see in any other up until that point. So hopefully it 'clicked' for them and they can start rolling.

1st star - Visnovsky

2nd star - Hickey
3rd star - Nelson

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
Yeah, but some of the praise for him is a bit much in here. He is a B level goaltender. The team just didn't expose him to the same number of high % shots like most games this season.

Oh I agree, but he stopped some shots against LA that he would of let in a couple of weeks ago. I'll praise that all day.

OF CORSI! lol.
LOL, you looking for a corsi scapegoat? Don't take that **** out on me just because Jay isn't around. :laugh:

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
Oh I agree, but he stopped some shots against LA that he would of let in a couple of weeks ago. I'll praise that all day.

LOL, you looking for a corsi scapegoat? Don't take that **** out on me just because Jay isn't around. :laugh:

What happened to Jay?

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010

:laugh: Of corsi not.

1-2-2 baby, that's all Coach Corpuscle needs to know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad