1290 funny (review) New Sports Radio coming?

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
you must be like 15 yrs old. He did the play by play for the Jets and he was extremely popular. He was very very good

I like him, I think he's a great announcer... I remember him from the Jets 1.0 days. But you have to admit he has a very peculiar sounding voice.

Reactions: PaulPooley

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
So in closing it 1290 reminds me of that HBO show The Newsroom. It’s fondly remembered as a very good show. But when you rewatch it as I did during lockdown, it was abjectly pretty bad in a lot of ways.

"The Rock loves America, huh...? ...they must've got Bin Laden!"

Not the first shitty show with a soft spot in my heart. Won't be the last.

Reactions: wgpsensfan

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
Reading a TSN article just now about a lawsuit against he CHL by several players. The part of the ariticle that caught my eye was:

"As a 16-year-old rookie with the Spokane Chiefs, Myles Stoesz started a line brawl, fought with his own teammates to gain respect, and was taught the “craft” of fighting by a National Hockey League tough guy."

There was a guy named Kevin Sawyer on the coaching staff that year.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Reading a TSN article just now about a lawsuit against he CHL by several players. The part of the ariticle that caught my eye was:

"As a 16-year-old rookie with the Spokane Chiefs, Myles Stoesz started a line brawl, fought with his own teammates to gain respect, and was taught the “craft” of fighting by a National Hockey League tough guy."

There was a guy named Kevin Sawyer on the coaching staff that year.

Yeah this came out awhile ago, Sawyer made a half assed apology during an intermission after he was off air for a week or so.

Reactions: The Blue Baron

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Wasn’t that apology for something different? I thought he was making fun of a hazing incident on air.

He may have but it was all related to this season the lawsuit is talking about. This is from that big hazing story.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
I don’t get it... is someone saying Sawyer told this kid to fight his teammates to show he can do NHL style fighting?

Did Spurgeon complain about being taped to the pole? Or was it done in fun for a birthday prank where he was having fun as was the rumor.

Bunch of cancel culture babies getting offended for other people. If you want to say he sucks go for it. But this is witch hunt BS by horrible people.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad