1290 am

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
I really like Liebl, but have to admit that the morning show IS better without him...

And I agree the encouragement of Ty from Labroquerie has to stop. I stop listening when he calls in, as it's just gotten stale.

I would love to get on after Ty to give my opinion of his amateur hour routine.

Moe Mantha

Aug 8, 2008
Winnipeg, MB, CANADA
Conversely, I'd be happy if Gregory and "The Jets are Depressed" Guy got their own individual shows. I could listen to those them for hours - mostly because I don't think they are putting on acts like Ty. They just seem to be genuinely "differently sane".

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
He's just some guy from Labroquerrie who calls in to the various 1290 shows regularly and does a Jim Rome Clone take. If you go to the 1290 site and listen to the podcast his call is somewhere in the last 30 minutes of the show today I think. If you aren't familiar with Rome's show and what the "clones" do, basically they try and do a minute or so non-stop rant covering a variety of sports topics in a somewhat "Bro-like", smack-talkish way...sort of over-bearing and authoritative. So Ty is taking a schtick that's already annoying on Rome and shoe-horning it into all the other shows I guess becuase he thinks its awesome...and he's not all that good at it even.

lighthouses

Jan 12, 2014
I am still perplexed as to why the posters, you know who you are, continually talk about Jay Richardson for almost this entire thread. Use that energy on starting a petition to bring him back.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
I wish they wouldn't pump Ty from Labroq's tires on the big show so much. No Paul, Ty did not "knock it out of the park" yesterday on H&L. He was just his usual annoying doofus self.

Hey ty, you know what? Being a clone is not a vocation. And you know what? Rome sucks. Oh and you know what? I'm sorry but shaddup!

:)

also, I wonder if something is up with Matt. I don't recall hearing anything about him taking a vacay prior to this Tuesday morning when he wasn't there. Hmmm...what will happen next on As The Big Show Turns?

I heard them mention while Matt was on the show...either earlier this week or last week that he was going on vacation and Rewucki would fill in.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I heard them mention while Matt was on the show...either earlier this week or last week that he was going on vacation and Rewucki would fill in.

Ah there you go, mystery solved. But you know how it goes with conspiracy theories - there's always another layer to the onion. Who are you Drumzan? Are you perhaps affiliated with 1290 in some way?? Hmmmmmm????

...wait, if it was earlier this week then he already WAS on vacation. That was Tuesday morning and I heard that too.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I am still perplexed as to why the posters, you know who you are, continually talk about Jay Richardson for almost this entire thread. Use that energy on starting a petition to bring him back.

Nobody is actually talking about Jay anymore. We're talking about the show as it is now. Occasionally we refer back to how it was then (when it was still a really entertaining show) with Jay but that's about it.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Ah there you go, mystery solved. But you know how it goes with conspiracy theories - there's always another layer to the onion. Who are you Drumzan? Are you perhaps affiliated with 1290 in some way?? Hmmmmmm????

...wait, if it was earlier this week then he already WAS on vacation. That was Tuesday morning and I heard that too.

Perhaps it was Thursday last week. They talked about Edmonds going on vacation then Matt.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
All I can say is if Edmonds insists on calling Friday's show "Fun Friday," he should at least try and sound like he's having a bit of fun while he's saying it! The droll is killin me!

Samcanadian

Dec 13, 2011
All I can say is if Edmonds insists on calling Friday's show "Fun Friday," he should at least try and sound like he's having a bit of fun while he's saying it! The droll is killin me!

You can't see it, but they've all got their shirts off in there.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Edmonds must have a bad memory. He says he and the Goldeyes were in Sioux Falls when it was made official that the NHL was returning to Winnipeg. They weren't, they were in Winnipeg cause we went to the game to sober up.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Westwood saying that he can almost guarantee that the Rangers wouldn't have come back against the Pens if MSL's Mother hadn't died is pretty awkward in itself.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
yeah I have some issues with the whole MSL's mom storyline too. It ends up sounding like MSL and the Rangers should all be glad his mum died so they could get inspired to win the cup. Frankly I don't believe it had the sort of impact Westwood seems to think it did.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
yeah I have some issues with the whole MSL's mom storyline too. It ends up sounding like MSL and the Rangers should all be glad his mum died so they could get inspired to win the cup. Frankly I don't believe it had the sort of impact Westwood seems to think it did.

I never quite understand the reasoning there. The implciation is that the players wouldn't play their best without this happening. It's the stanley cup playoffs. I find it hard to believe that the players aren't already putting in 100% effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad