Prospect Info: #129 Arseny Gritsyuk RW

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Сant believe except Gritsyuk we have only one prospect forward after the next 4 drafts with some visible NHL potential.

Its not that hard to believe Gritsyuk doesnt want to waste his time in garbage league and want to achieve money without playin minor minutes in NHL for peanuts after garbage league for even smaller peanuts.

This is way better situation with how Devils treat Holtz. Yeah. Thats how 5th rounder should treat for better and for people who cant believe.

Imagine if we would not waste this 5th round pick for this Russian dum and would draft some real NCAA talent. Like Moynihan and McCarthy.
Presumably Gristyuk is more developed as a player than Holtz and would have an easier time in the NHL.

Reactions: Guadana

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
I dont know whats wrong with AHL, may be salaries, may be relationships, but I think AHL and NHL should work on image of AHL, make conditions of life better and pay more. I think AHL has good potential but when I look at how Devils treating their Utica team (@Bad Goalie will approve), Im not surprising at all why not so many players have desire to play and working hard for wins there. And Devils are not the only one who dont care.

I don't follow the AHL all that closely, but the condensed schedule would seem to be part of the issue.

Just look at Utica's schedule for much of March...

Every weekend features back-to-back or back-to-back-to-back games, with a several hour bus ride or two mixed in. Look at just this past weekend - home on Friday night, 3+ hour bus ride to the Saturday night game in Hartford and another 3+ hour bus ride back home for a game on Sunday.

I'm sure they do this type of schedule for ticket sales, as that is a bulk of what supports this league and teams obviously do better with weekend games, but that type of schedule cannot be good overall for prospect development and attracting players to the league.

1711041918723.png

Reactions: Guadana

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
I don't follow the AHL all that closely, but the condensed schedule would seem to be part of the issue.

Every weekend features back-to-back or back-to-back-to-back games, with a several hour bus ride or two mixed in. Look at just this past weekend - home on Friday night, 3+ hour bus ride to the Saturday night game in Hartford and another 3+ hour bus ride back home for a game on Sunday.

I'm sure they do this type of schedule for ticket sales, as that is a bulk of what supports this league and teams obviously do better with weekend games, but that type of schedule cannot be good overall for prospect development and attracting players to the league.

View attachment 839301
That schedule is the same for all of the AHL. So seeing those free agents sign with the other clubs has nothing to do with a condensed schedule.

Last edited:

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg

View attachment 839301
Yeah, and quality of media product. MHL and VHL have a lot of better filmed arenas. Im not telling about whole league, but overall it wasnt pleasantly to watch. I would say its NA problem overall, if you will look at shift by shift videos from some junior leagues and will compare it, you will see. I saw students level media product from the other sports in NA and it was WAAAAAAY better.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Presumably Gristyuk is more developed as a player than Holtz and would have an easier time in the NHL.
At least he has good pedigree now for himself and for our club in potential trade. I will not be surprised if in the moment when his KHL deal will be done, he will be more attractive without any NHL experience than 7th OA Holtz for some NHL teams.

I think patience and good treatment with steady raising of difficulty, role and load is what some prospects needs. Especially prospects with issues in two way game. And the fact that the best center Holtz played with was Mcleod for short amount of games - its sad.

My3Sons

Sponsor
At least he has good pedigree now for himself and for our club in potential trade. I will not be surprised if in the moment when his KHL deal will be done, he will be more attractive without any NHL experience than 7th OA Holtz for some NHL teams.

I think patience and good treatment with steady raising of difficulty, role and load is what some prospects needs. Especially prospects with issues in two way game. And the fact that the best center Holtz played with was Mcleod for short amount of games - its sad.
Holtz needs reps and experience to improve. He can play in the NHL but struggles will too many things to be a top six player right now. If he’s coached and mentored properly he can turn the corner but it will take time and some additional skating and strength work on his part.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Holtz needs reps and experience to improve. He can play in the NHL but struggles will too many things to be a top six player right now. If he’s coached and mentored properly he can turn the corner but it will take time and some additional skating and strength work on his part.
I believe another summer with Bratt and his coach and competent third line center to play with will help him to develop his game and play on the asking level. I dont think that playing with Tierney and Nosek is what can help him now. Of course I agree with other components of development.

My3Sons

Sponsor
Okay, but the UFAs we are discussing are the unsigned kids from the NCAA and the NA Jrs. It is very rare to see one of them sign in the KHL.
the things you describe are almost self evident. The fact that you can see it as can other fans makes it unlikely to me that the NJ brass are blind to it. I'm amazed they are half assing it but here we are. Does McKinnon make local appearances? Does he speak to season ticket holders? You'd think some local fans would ask him about it and at least tell him they are paying attention.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
the things you describe are almost self evident. The fact that you can see it as can other fans makes it unlikely to me that the NJ brass are blind to it. I'm amazed they are half assing it but here we are. Does McKinnon make local appearances? Does he speak to season ticket holders? You'd think some local fans would ask him about it and at least tell him they are paying attention.
NO

Reactions: My3Sons

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
SKA lost their Conference Semi Finals series 4 games to 1 vs Avtomobilist. A bit of an upset as SKA was a better regular season team than Avtomobilist this year.

1 more year till Gritsyuk should be coming over though !

Reactions: Guttersniped

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
SKA lost their Conference Semi Finals series 4 games to 1 vs Avtomobilist. A bit of an upset as SKA was a better regular season team than Avtomobilist this year.

1 more year till Gritsyuk should be coming over though !
SKA lost their first defenseman Nikishin who played a lot in different situation(pp, pk, 5vs6, 6vs5 etc) and made a lot of job. Hell of a player for Carolina system. Points leader of SKA.
I really happy that Gritsyuk played against him on the training routine. It feels like Gritsyuk was better on the boards this year and this one of the reasons why.

longislanddevil

Jun 16, 2011
Is there any chance whatsoever that Gritsyuk come over for the 24-25 season? There could be a hole in the top six if Holtz is traded (though I would strongly suspect Grits would start on the third line). Of course things are subject to change but we could have three rooks for 25-26 in Grits, Lenni and Casey.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Is there any chance whatsoever that Gritsyuk come over for the 24-25 season? There could be a hole in the top six if Holtz is traded (though I would strongly suspect Grits would start on the third line). Of course things are subject to change but we could have three rooks for 25-26 in Grits, Lenni and Casey.
Technically yes but realistically no, I believe.

Grits would have to have his KHL contract for next season terminated and neither his team nor him are likely interested in that. The Devils could not be involved by discussion or financially in this buyout.

Once his KHL contract ends then he’s available to come over.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
In the end of the season most likely. SKA will try to compete next year. Gritsyuk played solidly, it doesn’t look like that they will part ways most likely. After next season he will be available.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad