122nd US Open - June 16-19

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Has Rory ever been set up to let everybody down harder than this?

I got Big Brooks at a real good number today. Just when I thought I was out on him, I've been pulled right back in. I guess if I had to pick just one guy I'd go Scheffler to win again. Dark horse Sung-Jae Im.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Cam Smith. Thats my pick this week. I said early in the season Cam Smith might pick off a major this year, and he's only gotten better after I said that. He's also in good form now.

Rory and Sam Burns will be in it at the end.

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
It seems like Greens in Regulation is a key stat this week due to small greens you don't want to miss. The top 10 in that this year are Rahm, Scheffler, Knox, Conners, Burns, Zalatoris, Pereira, Im, Power, Matsuyama and Pendrith. Thomas is 14th, Schauffele is 16th, Horschel is a decent 25th. Rahm, Im, Connors and Horschel are the players on that list in top 50 for driving accuracy with Horschel at 10th. Morikawa was 5th in greens in regulation and 10th in driving accuracy last year to 33rd in greens in regulation and 21st this year so if he plays good he'd be a fit for the course and might be good betting value

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
It seems like Greens in Regulation is a key stat this week due to small greens you don't want to miss. The top 10 in that this year are Rahm, Scheffler, Knox, Conners, Burns, Zalatoris, Pereira, Im, Power, Matsuyama and Pendrith. Thomas is 14th, Schauffele is 16th, Horschel is a decent 25th. Rahm, Im, Connors and Horschel are the players on that list in top 50 for driving accuracy with Horschel at 10th. Morikawa was 5th in greens in regulation and 10th in driving accuracy last year to 33rd in greens in regulation and 21st this year so if he plays good he'd be a fit for the course and might be good betting value
Morikawa said yesterday that he can't cut the ball right now. Given that 1-2 yard cut is his go-to elite skill, I'd be surprised if he contended. Doesn't have a top 20 in his last four starts, and MC in his last event. He could find it this week, but it seems like he recognizes that he's completely off right now.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Rory having a good first round at a major is kind of a scary proposition. Will be very interesting to see how he does now that he doesn't have to play catch-up for the remaining 54.
He’s putting brilliantly and hitting some nice wedge shots, but not driving it that great and struggling with his short game. Complete opposite of a normal round for him.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Meltdown from Phil incoming? I could see him hit 90 or something at this point. Just brutal putting there.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Meltdown from Phil incoming? I could see him hit 90 or something at this point. Just brutal putting there.
Those LIV guys are on the beach. Look at Oosthuisen. +7 last I checked. He’s usually great at majors. Probably hasn’t touched a club once outside of the rounds he has to play now that the Saudi checks are cashing.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think Phil might be wishing he spent more time with his family

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Fun leaderboard. Weird mix of thoroughbreds and bums.

I've realized that I've developed a dislike of Brian Harman. It seems like every broadcast crew fetishizes him as this scrappy dog that scratches and claws for every birdie and is some ultimate underdog warrior, when in reality he's just an above average scrub. If he was two inches taller and played right handed, he'd be a total JAG. I'm tired of hearing Azinger fawn over him.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00