GDT: #12 Isles at Ducks - Wed Nov 5th 10:30pm| F/OTW 3-2

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
mad respect for anyone who can stay up to watch these games & then get up and go to work the next day. I couldn't even make it to the opening faceoff.

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
mad respect for anyone who can stay up to watch these games & then get up and go to work the next day. I couldn't even make it to the opening faceoff.

I did it last night, but I don't know how I'm going to do it tonight. I think I'm gonna go to bed early and watch it early am.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
Squeaked out a win, but it shouldn't have been that difficult.

Halak solid again, that's two in a row for him.

If defense wins championships, we're in deep ****. We continue to struggle at shutting down the cycle against big forwards. Hickey and Viz can poke all day, but that's not going to work against big, skilled forwards. Of our puck-moving defensemen (Hickey, Viz, Leddy, de Hann), de Hann is the most effective shutting down the play along the boards. Too bad Reinhart isn't ready.

Not picking up the trailing forward has become an every-game occurrence. C'mon guys.

Conacher continues to show he shouldn't be here.

Kulemin continues to impress. Strong on the boards, solid defense. Impress with Boulton a few times last night. Nelson looked good but his faceoffs need work as usual. Strome looking a bit more physical which is nice, and solid on faceoffs.

Justin Williams out tonight. Let's go Islanders!

Last edited:

kuwo

Jun 2, 2010
SVK

Well, you can get used to it over the years.:laugh: These western starts aren't fun though; 4:30 a.m. in Slovakia...

Hyphistos

Jul 16, 2012
Vienna
Well, you can get used to it over the years.:laugh: These western starts aren't fun though; 4:30 a.m. in Slovakia...

Actually I find 4:30 not even so bad, I just stand up earlier and then I can see a huge part of the game before going to work =) If the games are at 1:00 on the other hand then I go to bed earliest at 3:30, so that's actually hurting me more the next day.

kuwo

Jun 2, 2010
SVK
Actually I find 4:30 not even so bad, I just stand up earlier and then I can see a huge part of the game before going to work =) If the games are at 1:00 on the other hand then I go to bed earliest at 3:30, so that's actually hurting me more the next day.

It messes up my routine though and I don't feel entirely comfortable in the morning :) If I work early the next day i like to sleep for around 3 hours before and 3 hours after the game when the game start at 1:00.

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
What an ugly game, confident in saying we didn't deserve that win. It felt like two thirds of the game was spent trying to prevent anaheim from scoring, good game for Halak.

Went to bed about 3 1/2 seconds after this one ended. I hope for a better outing tonight

24diving

Apr 5, 2013
suffolk, long island
During OT, All the players were huddled around Weight who was drawing something up. Simple Jack was in the backdrop with a stuck on stupid face . There were a few times I noticed Boudreau was pacing back and forth behind his players and definitely lighting a fire under their ass, on the Isles bench Capuano is just standing there like he belongs in Madame Tussauds wax museum.

That was right before the Isles began the powerplay, which DW is in charge of. I would be more surprised if it wasnt him with the board. We all know Capuano's limitations, but it seems many here are really reaching to find everything possible to throw on him.

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
Despite the win, there is a major problem right now with this team. Of which, if not improved upon, is going to result in this team spiraling down the standings. I'm losing my patience with this bushleague coaching already.

1 - There is ZERO, ZILCH, NONE, NADA defensive scheme this team knows how to refer to when under pressure. It's actually unlike anything I've ever seen before. All it took was for Anaheim to stack the nuetral zone, slow down the small NYI forwards, and once the play went the other way not a single New York Islander understood their role in a defensive manner. I don't understand how something like this can keep happening at this level, but more importantly, it's now resulting in problems. You can't play pond hockey forever. That's all Capuanos system is. It's pond hockey. Bylsma used a similar sytem in Pittsburgh but the Penguins were able to survive on their offense. We don't have that type of forward depth or offensive potential to be playing this kind of game every night. 2-6 in the last 8 is a direct reflection on this.

2 - The misuse of players. In what world does putting Strome with Martin make sense? IN WHAT ****ING WORLD DOES THIS MAKE SENSE? Why does Kulemin, who couldn't hit the raw side of a barn on a good day, playing top line with Okposo and Tavares? FFS, OKPOSO is the player that drives possession on that line. It needs a complementary player who can put the puck in the net. You really want Kulemin playing these kind of minutes in a completely misused role? This is Stromes spot. Yet, this moron puts him between Martin and Boultin. Hold on, this guy doesn't stop there. He scratches Cizikas, a workhorse, so that he can allow someone like Matt Martin to continue to be on the ice when the other team scores. But hold on, he's not done! He plays Boychuck the least amongst his defense.

Think about these things for a second. You could have Patrick Roy in net, this coaching staff is clueless. Absolutely reaching historically pathetic coaching right now from these three. Get a REAL COACH on Long Island and let the issues sort themselves out. Unreal. I don't think it's possible to not see what the problem is at this point. Everyone knows Capuano is in over his head. Cut the crap and get rid of this guy already.

Both are making me realize big time, that no matter the personnel, the organization (itself) caters to losers.

Last edited:

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
We did win....but it wasn't good news.

Let's face it we played Anaheim without their best OR second best goaltender. And they were missing 2 legit superstars (Perry+Getlaf) and we still barely won in OT? That's not good folks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad