GDT: #12 Coyotes @ Ducks | November 4th | 7 pacific time

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCalHockey

Jun 11, 2010
Nobody else noticed the linesman holding Kesler's left arm when Domi threw that uppercut? I blame the linesman for trying to stop a fight half-assed. Kes probably blocks or prevents that uppercut if the linesman wasn't interfering.

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
Nobody else noticed the linesman holding Kesler's left arm when Domi threw that uppercut? I blame the linesman for trying to stop a fight half-assed. Kes probably blocks or prevents that uppercut if the linesman wasn't interfering.

Refs suck. Getzlaf got sucker punched while ref was sleeping trying to hold Nolan in the Kings game.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
That was a nice win, but boy were Arizona terrible. Probably even worse then we played v Columbus a few games ago and that's saying something.

Also was surprised to see Kesler come back as he looked like he got knocked out, thought they would be no way he'd be allowed back on the ice.

I've noticed a few times in our games (haven't watched many other then ours) the linesmen are waaaaaay overeager to break up any sort of fight, they are basically on top of both players soon as the gloves are dropped - or even before that. Dunno if this is a new directive the NHL has given the officials this season or what.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I was realizing that you can add Orr easily to almost all of our defensemen, whether in a sincere or sarcastic way.

FowlOrr
BieksOrr
HolzOrr
MansOrr(n?)
StoneOrr
TheodOrr

Vatanen is the only stretch

Yeah, it's pretty much a gimme, but I like using it once in while.

That was a nice win, but boy were Arizona terrible. Probably even worse then we played v Columbus a few games ago and that's saying something.

Also was surprised to see Kesler come back as he looked like he got knocked out, thought they would be no way he'd be allowed back on the ice.

I've noticed a few times in our games (haven't watched many other then ours) the linesmen are waaaaaay overeager to break up any sort of fight, they are basically on top of both players soon as the gloves are dropped - or even before that. Dunno if this is a new directive the NHL has given the officials this season or what.

I thought I may have read somewhere that the league has instructed them to be more proactive in stopping fights before they start. But, even if it isn't a publicly stated position, it's not hard to believe that is what is going on.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I don't think I fully realized how much fans of other teams hate Ryan Kesler until I read that main board thread. My God, he might be the most hated player in the league he has so many people riled up over the years

The Noot

scaldin ur d00dz
Apr 12, 2012
Zurich
I don't think I fully realized how much fans of other teams hate Ryan Kesler until I read that main board thread. My God, he might be the most hated player in the league he has so many people riled up over the years

I don't see it as an issue. Part of his game is getting under the skin of his opponents.

The fact that the fans hate him with such a ridiculous passion is a pretty good indicator that he's doing a fine job.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I don't see it as an issue. Part of his game is getting under the skin of his opponents.

The fact that the fans hate him with such a ridiculous passion is a pretty good indicator that he's doing a fine job.

Oh I totally agree

I just didn't fully realize how hated he is

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Sometimes I see things like that fake shot and pass to Rakell from Perry, and I kinda wonder what might have been for Perry if he'd never played with Getz. It seems like he's a different player when he's on another line, almost a pass first player.

Theridion

May 11, 2002
Orange, CA
Sometimes I see things like that fake shot and pass to Rakell from Perry, and I kinda wonder what might have been for Perry if he'd never played with Getz. It seems like he's a different player when he's on another line, almost a pass first player.

I don't have the numbers, but wasnt Getz out for a long stretch during Perry's 50 goal year?

I seem to remember Perry catching fire while Getz was out.

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania

I was thinking this exact same thing. Perry really seems to elevate his game when he is 'the guy' on a line, or when Getzlaf is out for an extended stretch of games. I think he can be more of a playmaker when is he not preoccupied with trying to establish a cycle and get to the blue paint.

Not hating on Getz at all, I like they way those two have played together over the years. But it would not hurt my feelings to build a scoring line around Getzlaf and Ritchie and a second scoring line around Rakell and Perry. Boudreau was onto this last year but we didn't have enough scoring forwards for it to be a viable option until Perron and McGinn were on the team. This year we certainly don't have the depth to test it out.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I don't have the numbers, but wasnt Getz out for a long stretch during Perry's 50 goal year?

I seem to remember Perry catching fire while Getz was out.

He only missed 15 games, from memory Perry put up 15 points in those games so he produced less without him.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I don't mean to imply that Getz is holding him back or anything, that would be ridiculous. Just that he's a different kind of player, sometimes more dominant than he is otherwise. But not necessarily more productive. I liked Boudreau's plan to split them up and I hope we're eventually deep enough to pull that off again.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I don't mean to imply that Getz is holding him back or anything, that would be ridiculous. Just that he's a different kind of player, sometimes more dominant than he is otherwise. But not necessarily more productive. I liked Boudreau's plan to split them up and I hope we're eventually deep enough to pull that off again.

So did I, hopefully we can find a good enough winger to play with Getzlaf and Ritchie and then we can split them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad