GDT: 12/9/17 - 7:00PM EDT - Winnipeg vs Tampa Bay

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Does it feel to anyone else like Koekkoek's finally coming out of the wilderness? I'm starting to notice him for good reasons, and it seems like he's getting a lot more trust from the coaching staff.
He can play. If he was a RH he’d fit soooo much better. He can be a top 4 defenseman in this league. But not on this team. Heddy and Serge on the left side. Cobourn and KK also.

Sick

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
13-2-1 home record.

This win also gives us, again, sole possession of 1st overall, with a game at hand on STL.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
This was a really entertaining game. The team actually bailed Vasy out a little bit for once. That being said, I honestly didn't feel like we were firing on all cylinders. We played well, but we looked a bit sluggish. Still got the win though, which is kind of amazing given how locked in Winnipeg seemed to be. So glad we nabbed the two in OT. I wanted this one.

I agree with everyone about KK. Tonight was the first night where I felt he deserved every minute of his ice time. He played a lot better than Dotchin, although match ups may have played a part... I wasn't really tracking that stuff. If this was actually a turn-the-corner game for him, I'd be fine with him in the lineup more often. We could put him in a rotation with Girardi and Coburn to keep those two fresh. Sustr deserves a fancy basket of apples and pears and 60 extra days of paid vacation for being such a valued member of the team.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
This was a really entertaining game. The team actually bailed Vasy out a little bit for once. That being said, I honestly didn't feel like we were firing on all cylinders. We played well, but we looked a bit sluggish. Still got the win though, which is kind of amazing given how locked in Winnipeg seemed to be. So glad we nabbed the two in OT. I wanted this one.

I agree with everyone about KK. Tonight was the first night where I felt he deserved every minute of his ice time. He played a lot better than Dotchin, although match ups may have played a part... I wasn't really tracking that stuff. If this was actually a turn-the-corner game for him, I'd be fine with him in the lineup more often. We could put him in a rotation with Girardi and Coburn to keep those two fresh. Sustr deserves a fancy basket of apples and pears and 60 extra days of paid vacation for being such a valued member of the team.

I think Koekkoek's been good for quite a few games now. 3-4 maybe. A lot more assertive at both ends of the ice.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
I think Koekkoek's been good for quite a few games now. 3-4 maybe. A lot more assertive at both ends of the ice.
I do agree. I've generally been happy with his play lately. But tonight there was something subtly different... like you say, he was more assertive. He looked like he was actually just playing tonight as opposed to kind of trying to think through all the details.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
About time Vasi had a down game. Been expecting it for a while. Credit to him for those 2 brilliant saves after the softie to keep it a 1 goal game. Kuch tied it shortly after.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Well that was fun! :D

I agree that Koekkoek was looking more solid and confident these last couple of games. He was certainly playing better than Dotchin who was definitely showing some rust.

Sergachev is such a terrific young hockey player! It boggles the mind that he's only 19!! :eek:

Point was his usual outstanding self. His pass that Gourde tipped in for the goal was perfect and that little move Point put on Little during OT was downright wicked!!

So glad we got ALL the points from this home stand because the road trip is going to be nasty.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I know it's almost 1 AM EST but I would like to take a moment a few hours after the fact that the Sergachev goal was beyond description. Seriously, what adjective do you use? This kid is an animal.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Ruh Roh avoided

Too sweet me bro
Backstage%2BToo%2BSweet%2Bwith%2BTitle.gif

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Koekkoek is starting to make them better when he's on the ice, that's the best way to cement a spot on the team, being noticeable in a good way. After last night's performance, it would be unfair to sit him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad