GDT: 12/7/13 - 7:00PM EDT - Winnipeg VS Tampa Bay

Only Jokinen

Feb 4, 2013
jets fan here in peace, reallllly noticed Gudas out there tonight, never heard of him until tonight though. ****** luck for you guys and you probably deserved that win. Is Gudas a call up or has he been around for a while?

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
jets fan here in peace, reallllly noticed Gudas out there tonight, never heard of him until tonight though. ****** luck for you guys and you probably deserved that win. Is Gudas a call up or has he been around for a while?

Gudas played about half of the shortened season (22 games) with Tampa Bay last season towards the end of the year, and made the team out of camp this season (there wasn't much doubt about it though). He's been playing under Cooper in Norfolk and Syracuse in the AHL, and Coop loves him, as do most Lightning fans.

Tonight was his first game back from injury since getting injured in the 1-0 Anaheim OT loss. He's a bruiser of a defenseman, isn't afraid to hit or fight, and can contribute some points here and there too. He's a lot of the grit and physicality this team needed last season.

Ricebox

Feb 7, 2013
Norway - Florida
like stated earlier, scoring depth is our problem right now. I am pretty impressed with our D and Bishop/lindback

i would just love to see more goals from the offense

if we can get that, we can stay in the playoff picture

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I thought last two games kucherov has been playing like connolly did way too much thought on defense which was hurting offense than he created or got 2-3 real scoring chances set ups and shots himself. We were really off today so many missed bad passes guys still missing the net. Kucherov put himself in wonderful position and set up some stuff and played incredible two way again. Yep he has had his shots and needs to get puck higher off ice. He is inches off right now a lot of times if gets its a couple inches higher? He scores. I believe it will come. Still not sure ideal lines but he had 13 minutes:( Not happy with that at all. Barbs looked fast. I am not worried on detroit

they are missing zetterberg datsyuk and helm argue wise their top three players so far this year. I know zetterberg is out for our two contests with them and doubt if more than one of helm or datsyuk are back either for even this first game.

We still are getting great goaltending. We came out totally flat again which has happened way too often. We have no consistency but when you have most rookies playing in league and injured worse than in any time I can recall is not hard to think we are struggling in some aspects:)

I think we are fine we are not going to make this month be what it should have been but we should still be over 500 when all is said and done. I am pretty happy with the team considering and very happy for bounce back after the road trip honestly. Yeah we have work to do but we knew this just hope to stay healthier for a bit get same guys practicing and playing every game go from there and things will work out. Great news still have easier opponents for now. If this all had to happen it happened at the right time:)

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Awful play by Barberio there, costed us the extra point.

We need to be more consistent, that 1st period was just crap

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Well, we look like exactly what we are. An NHL team made of primarily AHL'ers.

Really have to say good game to Lindback. Maybe this is a sign that he realizes that he has to step up and play big every game in order to earn a starting job. If he can keep playing well, he may have some trade value to a few teams around the league.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Look fellas...we were missing arguably our two best players (Hedman/Stamkos). And two players that provided much of the Size & Toughness this team needs - for all the crap we gave Malone he is certainly VERY valuable player on bottom 2 lines at this stage of his career. We are playing on the second night of completely NEW lines and we used our backup goaltender.

Considering all the circumstances put against this team...the Lightning organization is one I'm extremely proud of. This is not a bad Jets team we played last night and we took it to OT and had a chance to win. I'm going to give them a pass until things normalize again. They didn't play great, they didn't look good, and we came away with a point...against a .500 team in the Western conference (pretty much an Eastern conference bottom seed playoff team).

Yeah...glass half full...I think deservedly so.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Look fellas...we were missing arguably our two best players (Hedman/Stamkos). And two players that provided much of the Size & Toughness this team needs - for all the crap we gave Malone he is certainly VERY valuable player on bottom 2 lines at this stage of his career. We are playing on the second night of completely NEW lines and we used our backup goaltender.

Considering all the circumstances put against this team...the Lightning organization is one I'm extremely proud of. This is not a bad Jets team we played last night and we took it to OT and had a chance to win. I'm going to give them a pass until things normalize again. They didn't play great, they didn't look good, and we came away with a point...against a .500 team in the Western conference (pretty much an Eastern conference bottom seed playoff team).

Yeah...glass half full...I think deservedly so.

Exactly how I feel.

Bolts265

Nov 9, 2011
Zephyrhills, FL
I agree too but if we play like this against Washington on Tuesday we will experience a world class butt kicking. They can put up more than 1 goal which is our average last 4 games.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
I agree too but if we play like this against Washington on Tuesday we will experience a world class butt kicking. They can put up more than 1 goal which is our average last 4 games.

I'm glad I'll be at a concert Tuesday night and won't have to watch repeated Ovi cellies.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
What bothers me most about losing these games is that it negates the big wins against the teams like the Wild, Blackhawks, and Kings. We need to win against these teams to be a good team.

Having said that, I agree with previous posters about the circumstances. We are missing our two top players, had our backup goaltender, played with reshuffled lines, had more than half the roster filled with rookies and still earned a point. I'll take it for now but we need to figure it out soon to stay competitive or the season will start to slip away from us before we know it.

Darth Corgi

Dec 23, 2011
Florida
Good news these games are pretty close. We could of won yesterday's game as easily as we lost it. As the rookies continue to gain experience, our injured can heal and get back in the lieup. I still think we are in fr this years payoffs. Boys just gotta hang in there and dig in. Can you imagine f we still had the Rolie/Garon tandem? The ony reason we are so high in the standings is the excellent play of BOTH our goalies.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Good news these games are pretty close. We could of won yesterday's game as easily as we lost it. As the rookies continue to gain experience, our injured can heal and get back in the lieup. I still think we are in fr this years payoffs. Boys just gotta hang in there and dig in. Can you imagine f we still had the Rolie/Garon tandem? The ony reason we are so high in the standings is the excellent play of BOTH our goalies.

I just think that this is an invaluable experience for the young kids. Seasons to come with the goaltending we have now, will be bright.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
I just think that this is an invaluable experience for the young kids. Seasons to come with the goaltending we have now, will be bright.

This. I said at the begging of the year that we were 2 years out from being that team thats always in the playoffs. We started out looking like that team now. The best part is that our goaltending, defense, and offense is only going to get better in the next few years. Honestly, the only good thing to all of these injuries is that we have a very good excuse to underform right now. It gives the kids some games with slightly less pressure. Should help them learn a lot.

I think we forget that even guys like Killorn and Gudas have less than a year in the league. This team is riddiculously young.

NHLeitner

Jan 2, 2013
Carolina
As was mentioned when Stamkos first went down, I'd be perfectly happy if the team just tread water until his return. As frustrating as it is to watch, that's what they've done so far.

Only problem is, games against teams like the Jets are supposed to be in the W column of our water treading....

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
As was mentioned when Stamkos first went down, I'd be perfectly happy if the team just tread water until his return. As frustrating as it is to watch, that's what they've done so far.

Only problem is, games against teams like the Jets are supposed to be in the W column of our water treading....

This is my biggest concern and I haven't seen many others mention it. These types of losses negate the big wins that we had earlier in the season against teams like the Blackhawks, the Wild, and the Kings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad