GDT: 12/7/13 - 7:00PM EDT - Winnipeg VS Tampa Bay

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
****ty luck there. Killorn off the post, puck comes back down, and the Jets put it in.

Great game by Lindback though...keep it going Anders.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yeah, Barbs had a strong game, but that goal's mostly on him.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Nice job by the officials all game. Repeatedly missing blatant calls and then letting Montoya get away with throwing his stick on Killorn's breakaway chance in OT...

Got a point, deserved 2. Officiating in this league is the worst thing about it.

Barberio had a decent game and Cooper put him on the ice in OT. Went to the well too many times as a kid made him look like a soggy turd in front of the net. That was just straight up brutal.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
well ****, i guess thats what you get with a 60% AHL roster

THIS.

Said it before. Will say it again. With this roster, without some kind of divine interventions (trade, waivers, hand of god) there is NO WAY we continue to win. Expect pain going forward. It's coming.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
THIS.

Said it before. Will say it again. With this roster, without some kind of divine interventions (trade, waivers, hand of god) there is NO WAY we continue to win. Expect pain going forward. It's coming.

Considering these guys are from the top AHL team over the past 2 years, it really shows the difference between the leagues.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
THIS.

When Stamkos went down several of us agreed that if we could get a .500 win level we would be okay. Well we are pretty close to that so not all hope is lost. Plus we are doing pretty well for having a 60% AHL roster. I am not ready to go full Panik mode.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
When Stamkos went down several of us agreed that if we could get a .500 win level we would be okay. Well we are pretty close to that so not all hope is lost. Plus we are doing pretty well for having a 60% AHL roster. I am not ready to go full Panik mode.

Yeah, and we're really not giving up many goals. If we can keep that up when Stamkos gets back, and find some secondary offense, it'll be fine. No reason to Panik here. We had seven rookies in the lineup and two more were healthy scratches.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa

Eh...considering our brutal road trip out West, we're not at .500. We'll see how the next road trip goes, but losing to Columbus and only getting 1 point from Winnipeg - at home - is not really encouraging. I mean, keep fighting the good fight and all that. But, let's not polish the turd, we're not looking good here.

I fear Detroit is going to pave their gravel roads with us.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Eh...considering our brutal road trip out West, we're not at .500. We'll see how the next road trip goes, but losing to Columbus and only getting 1 point from Winnipeg - at home - is not really encouraging. I mean, keep fighting the good fight and all that. But, let's not polish the turd, we're not looking good here.

I fear Detroit is going to pave their gravel roads with us.

5-5-2 is not that bad. I agree Columbus and tonight should have been 2 point games but the D and the goaltending have been very good on most nights. It is the goal scoring dept that has been crippling us. It is odd that in recent past years the goal scoring was fine but d and Goaltending was crippling us.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Things are definitely not looking so bright. Our offense is complete crap and it really is our only issue right now. Defense and goaltending has been well above average. We really need a spark on our offense.

It's funny how everyone wanted Kucherov to be brought up because he was dominating the AHL. It really doesn't translate well I guess. He has had some good looks but honestly hasn't been that effective. Still gets some time to get used to the NHL but we need some goals and better scoring chances.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
The reason the D is effective is because we've changed up our whole system without Stammer. We realize that the only hope to generate good offense would be to have everyone bum-rush the opposing net and that isn't practical. It's either this or make a roster move, plain and simple.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Kucherov's game is fine for where he's at in his progression.

He had good chances and setup his teammates for good chances in the limited time he had. He's going to have to bust ass in the offseason putting on muscle and working on his core strength. He backchecked well and was the exact opposite of a "lazy russian".

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
If I had to award three Lightning stars for tonight it would be:
1. Lindback
2. Marty
3. Brewer / Gudas

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
I've been fine with how Kooch has played overall, all things considered. People forget he's an undersized 20 year old kid with a handful of AHL games under his belt. The problem is team consistency right now.

We need guys like Purcell, Marty (who has been better lately) etc to step up and generate offense every night. Then what the kids add on to that will be gravy instead of our only chances.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
I never meant Kooch was playing bad I just meant everyone thought he would be our savior because he was dominating the AHL. Dominating the AHL =/= Dominating the NHL

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
Kucherov has been amazing since being called up. He's chasing down pucks, hitting people, and creating plenty of chances on offense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad