GDT: 12/6/15 "Independence Day" - Panthers @ Devils, 7PM ET

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
"Take the positive uhh take the five uhh take the positive 8 take the 8 points out of 10"
-Randy Moller 2015

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Rau is playing pretty well in the AHL, he's probably the next in line if Shaw doesn't start producing soon.

Givememoneyback

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
I'm not 100% sure since I didn't particularly pay attention to him, but I'd guess Shaw was out there to play Hayes last season role. Big body to the front of the net.

Plenty of players more capable of that at the NHL level on the team.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Rau is playing pretty well in the AHL, he's probably the next in line if Shaw doesn't start producing soon.

Maybe I was watching a different game then everyone else, but I thought he played real well tonight.

He was one of the first guys in the team to start bringing energy tonight. Really crashing and banging, also being a solid net front presence.
I thought he was a lot more noticeable out there than Brickley.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
Maybe I was watching a different game then everyone else, but I thought he played real well tonight.

He was one of the first guys in the team to start bringing energy tonight. Really crashing and banging, also being a solid net front presence.

Yeah but thats not what we need we already have Howden and Brickley to do such things. We need someone that can produce and hes not it.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

I also thought he played well.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Yeah but thats not what we need we already have Howden and Brickley to do such things. We need someone that can produce and hes not it.

I thought he clearly outplayed both.

It's pretty hard to change a players game and get them to do things that is out of their abilities. Shaw isn't a pure scorer. He's a crash and banger type player.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
I thought he clearly outplayed both.

It's pretty hard to change a players game and get them to do things that is out of their abilities. Shaw isn't a pure scorer. He's a crash and banger type player.

Yeah for sure and thats why i would rather have Kyle Rau up here instead to see if he can produce at this level.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
No reason to lament this loss. Remember last year we had a streak and then got shelled by Jets. From that we listed for 3 weeks and lost the season. Important test is rebounding and getting back into the win column, we can't afford another losing streak.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
No reason to lament this loss. Remember last year we had a streak and then got shelled by Jets. From that we listed for 3 weeks and lost the season. Important test is rebounding and getting back into the win column, we can't afford another losing streak.

Another positive is the Sens lost 4-1 tonight. Should be an interesting game come Tuesday.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
Sorry, make that 5-10-3 with 2 or less goals scored in regulation

Yeah thats something we really need to work on. Can't rely on the offense scoring 3 goals every game bc thats not happening.

Ohhh well hopefully we can manage out some wins at home bc our record at home is pretty meh tbh.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
The guys shouldn't feel down on themselves after this game as besides the first ten minutes of the 1st Period, I thought they played a pretty damn good game. Overall, I think it was a much better effort than in Nashville or Columbus, but the pucks didn't bounce our way tonight and did in those two games.

Huberdeau I think had his best game of the season and the top line was flying. I never want to see Gallant pair Campbell and Mitchell again as they were on the ice for three of the Devils goals. The winning streak had to end at some point. It just sucks that it was against a team neck-and-neck with us in the race.

The game on Tuesday should be a good one as both teams are coming off of losses and the Sens are right ahead of us in the standings. Hopefully a decent-sized crowd attends too as it's during the week and against an unpopular opponent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad