GDT: 12/6/15 "Independence Day" - Panthers @ Devils, 7PM ET

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I don't agree that Huby's shot is terrible (and this is the reason why it is frustrating that he didn't use it in this situation).

Just watch some of his last goals of last season. He will not drill pucks top corner of the top of the faceoff dots. But in close he can really place it.

If Barkov had burried it, everybody would have said "what a fabulous pass". If Huby had shot and not scored, everyone would have been let him hear.

Enough with the what ifs, they didn't score. Huby had 2 options, Barky had one, so if we explicitly want to blame someone (which I don't) it is on Barky because the pass was perfect

Which is what I was implying. Huberdeau made the right play. Barkov should have finished, but he fumbled. These things happen. Oh well, if we play like we did in the second and third periods for the rest of the season, we should be okay.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Which is what I was implying. Huberdeau made the right play. Barkov should have finished, but he fumbled. These things happen. Oh well, if we play like we did in the second and third periods for the rest of the season, we should be okay.

I agree. I really have the feeling that Huby shook off some rust from the beginning. He and Barky belong on the same line.

And Barky with the Larkin goal and now this, is still learning. It's crazy, he is just 20 years old, Huby 22, Ekblad 19. If they keep learning at this pace, yeah, we could be ok

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I agree. I really have the feeling that Huby shook off some rust from the beginning. He and Barky belong on the same line.

And Barky with the Larkin goal and now this, is still learning. It's crazy, he is just 20 years old, Huby 22, Ekblad 19. If they keep learning at this pace, yeah, we could be ok

Yes, he has been looking a lot better recently. Best game of the season for him yesterday. Hope he keeps it up!

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
end of a 6 game road trip. 4th game in 6 days, a poor performance from some players was due. The good news is that the Huberdeau-Barkov-Jagr line was back to creating a ton of chances again and Gallant showed a willingness to adjust his strategy and put ekblad behind the barkov line to create scoring. also have to like that huberdeau looked like a dominant player for a long stretch of that game.

sucks to lose, but I'll take the positives from that game and move on.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
JJ should be put back with Trocheck/Smith, Pirri does nothing on that line and him + Trocheck together is a goal against waiting to happen. Mac back with Howden/Brickley as well, he doesn't fit with JJ at all.

If Pirri doesn't improve soon, he probably won't be here for next season. Currently he isn't consistent enough to earn top6 minutes and he isn't a good fit on the 3rd line.

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
JJ should be put back with Trocheck/Smith, Pirri does nothing on that line and him + Trocheck together is a goal against waiting to happen. Mac back with Howden/Brickley as well, he doesn't fit with JJ at all.

If Pirri doesn't improve soon, he probably won't be here for next season. Currently he isn't consistent enough to earn top6 minutes and he isn't a good fit on the 3rd line.

I wouldn't mind putting Pirri in the stands for a game. He has not looked like last year's Pirri. It's like he aged 10 years in the offseason. If he doesn't get it going soon. I'd hope he gets scratched to watch the boys from above. Hopefully it would help him gather some perspective.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I wouldn't mind putting Pirri in the stands for a game. He has not looked like last year's Pirri. It's like he aged 10 years in the offseason. If he doesn't get it going soon. I'd hope he gets scratched to watch the boys from above. Hopefully it would help him gather some perspective.

Not sure if it's just me but I think he looks exactly the same except he isn't scoring. I could live with the million whiffed one timers if there was any kind of improvement in other areas but I just don't see it. Especially his skating looks sometimes even worse than last year.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I'm sure when Pirri first arrived he was faster, and was able to control the puck better.

He did have an injury, so maybe that is the issue. :dunno:

I hope it is something like that anyways!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad