GDT: 12/3/13 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Columbus

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Mostly, yeah.

Who knows how much our veteran production is being impacted by playing with so many rookies (aren't we now over 50%?) but I do know we're not scoring and the rookies are making the mistakes you would expect them to make and it's killing us.

Unless we're just writing all playoff chances off - let's face it, this should have been an easy game for us - some of the rookies will have to move.

Easy excuses to my mind.

Rookie mistakes sure, not going to deny that there have been some. Also seeing the kids putting in the only visible effort. The only effort put into battling in the corners or getting into the goalies grill.

Meanwhile, Marty has looked like crap and not just for tonight, ditto Filppula and Purcell. The energy guys provided no energy, did Thompson even play tonight? Not gonna blame the rookies for not being able to score on Curtis fricking McElhinney.

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
Losing winnable games...just lovely.

Thank you Ben Bishop, again, for not being the problem. This whole "goalie not incompetent" thing still feels weird.

EDIT: Panik needs to be better. His play just hasn't done anything for me (or the team) lately.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We need to break up the kid line. Our lines are a mess right now and we could use some balance. Johnson with St. Louis. Small, but fast, and Johnson plays a somewhat similar style to Stamkos. At least it's the most similar of the guys we have.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Sort of at a loss for words. We're a better team and they lost their Goalie during the game to boot. How do we not score a single damned goal? Roster clearly lacks veteran finishers here. If we're going to win this season, some youth will have to be sacrificed to do it.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Stamkos is aiming at a Feb 6 return. It's gonna be rough until then.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
We need to break up the kid line. Our lines are a mess right now and we could use some balance. Johnson with St. Louis. Small, but fast, and Johnson plays a somewhat similar style to Stamkos. At least it's the most similar of the guys we have.

We can call it the trauma unit line. As in we'll need to have one standing by.

Bolts265

Nov 9, 2011
Zephyrhills, FL
Flip's worse game of the year. Purcell totally useless. You just don't lose...nevermind get shut out by Columbus and expect to make the playoffs. We must win the next 2 at home or we will dig a nice hole for ourselves.
Have a great rest of the night.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket

Lol, noooo.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
That's the third game we've been shutout since Stammer went down. Four, if you count the game he went down in. In 6 of 10 games, we've had 2 goals or fewer. 5 of 10 games, we've had 1 goal or fewer. Two shutouts have been 1-0... Bish deserves better than those losses.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
E

Meanwhile, Marty has looked like crap and not just for tonight, ditto Filppula and Purcell. The energy guys provided no energy, did Thompson even play tonight? Not gonna blame the rookies for not being able to score on Curtis fricking McElhinney.

I'm not entirely excusing the veterans, either. MSL, addressed elsewhere, is playing like he's injured. Expecting anything from Purcell is a crapshoot. At best. We've got a metric crapton of injuries which isn't helping.

But we're pretty much sunk at this point so why does it even matter.

I guess we should just throw in the playoff towel (who expected us to be there anyway) and let the kids learn. No question they've had the energy, but they aren't able to produce. Simple as that. They throw pucks in the general direction of the net, but they don't go in and they don't create rebounds because, guess what, there's nobody there. That's on all the guys. We're not playing like a team that wants to win.

Right now, Kucherov and TyJo have impressed me. Panik is a liability and has just pissed me off. Everyone else? Somewhere in the middle.

boltz88

Feb 18, 2013
I think tampa is capable of making the playoffs without stamkos. Especially with that joke of a metropolitan. They just need to win the games that they should be winning like tonight but i feel they will have it together soon. A wildcard spot would please me just fine. And once we get stamkos back we will be better obviously

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
Sort of at a loss for words. We're a better team and they lost their Goalie during the game to boot. How do we not score a single damned goal? Roster clearly lacks veteran finishers here. If we're going to win this season, some youth will have to be sacrificed to do it.

Yeah, I said that above and got told I was wrong. Good luck with that.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
We have some serious ****ing problems and it starts with the vets. We may have a lot of rookies that don't always make the right play but they ****ing hustle every shift. I'm also sick and tired of seeing the 4th line out there when we need a goal late in a game! We are NOT a 4 line team! Thompson and Crombeen work hard but they are what they are! 4th line grinders that go out there and eat 6-10 minutes a game. When we're down 1-0 with 5 minutes to go it's time to shorten the bench.

I would be willing to trade Panik, Connolly, and Malone with very little convincing. Panik is just far too inconsistent to be a piece we can win with. He'll look like Marian Hossa for 5 games and then you can't even notice him for the next 10. ****ing awful!

Hedman can't hit the ****ing net to save his life! We can't hit open ****ing nets! Cooper needs to teach these guys how to shoot the puck and make them work their ***** off for every missed net. Unacceptable.

Bolts265

Nov 9, 2011
Zephyrhills, FL
I said Panik was a liability on offense last game and he needed seasoning but got a "huh".
Still feel that way? He does not belong here eating minutes from Kutch.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think tampa is capable of making the playoffs without stamkos. Especially with that joke of a metropolitan. They just need to win the games that they should be winning like tonight but i feel they will have it together soon. A wildcard spot would please me just fine. And once we get stamkos back we will be better obviously

They basically have to get 5th in the Atlantic.

Hard not to be scared after these last couple of games though. We can't keep blaming hot goalies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad