GDT: 12/3/13 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Columbus

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Brown-Flip-MSL
Purcell-Killer-Kucherov
Palat-TJ-Panik
Crombeen-Thompson-Tyrell

Those are the forward lines I want to see right now with what we have. They did wonders the few games Cooper used them. I can't figure out why he broke them up.

So much this. And I want that 4th line out there for a MAX of 10 minutes a game each. And don't put them out there with 5 minutes left when we need a goal, they can't score.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Bishop played great again but the lack of offence is starting to be a disturbing trend and it is not going to magically solved by getting Stankos back. 1. we cannot wait that long because 2. This is something that needs a solution right away. New motto "Seen Scoring?" Cause I am forgetting what it is like already.

NHLeitner

Jan 2, 2013
Carolina
It amazes me how much we seem to **** the bed when a team puts even moderate pressure on the forecheck.

Everyone except Bishop just panics when there's a checking forward within 20 feet of them. Hedman is probably the best on the team right now at maintaining composure with the puck under pressure, and that is saying something.

Last night Columbus' line of Foligno, Umberger, Johansson gave us the most fits and they were also the line getting the most pressure on the forecheck. Boston seems to have figured that out pretty early on as well...

I want to be a playoff team, but in the playoffs all teams have a tough forechecking game, and our entire team just cannot handle it.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Brown-Flip-MSL
Purcell-Killer-Kucherov
Palat-TJ-Panik
Crombeen-Thompson-Tyrell

Those are the forward lines I want to see right now with what we have. They did wonders the few games Cooper used them. I can't figure out why he broke them up.

I can live with this but honestly?

I want killorn/johnson depending situation- msl- kucherov/brown
fippula - brown/kucherov- killorn/palat
johnson/killorn depending situation purcell palat
panik - thompson-crombeen --- tyrell or whoever is not injured.

I would like johnson to move up to top line and mix these kids with one adult each:)

However they decide to do it two kids one adult meaning marty flip and purcell are 1-2-3 lines. Johnson is better at face offs than killlorn so killer on second line makes more sense or third. Brown or kucherov 1 or 2 prefer kuch on 1 will get more scoring from marty. Like palat on two with flip two very solid defenders give them brown will get some good looks and scoring chances and be very solid d wise.

Third line im ok with killorn as center purcell ,,, starting to dislike panik a ton. Want him on fourth again cant wait for pyatt honestly. Put pyatt or thompson on 3 with purcell killorn is a pretty good line actually.

Our biggest problem the last week has been losing gudas his hitting opens a lot of things up and causes mistakes by other teams rushing things which we are not seeing much of since he has been out or less of.

If panik could do something play physical again? Or score? He is disappointing me again like earlier in year. Wont throw him under bus but he is not BRINGING IT right now.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I can live with this but honestly?

I want killorn/johnson depending situation- msl- kucherov/brown
fippula - brown/kucherov- killorn/palat
johnson/killorn depending situation purcell palat
panik - thompson-crombeen --- tyrell or whoever is not injured.

I would like johnson to move up to top line and mix these kids with one adult each:)

However they decide to do it two kids one adult meaning marty flip and purcell are 1-2-3 lines. Johnson is better at face offs than killlorn so killer on second line makes more sense or third. Brown or kucherov 1 or 2 prefer kuch on 1 will get more scoring from marty. Like palat on two with flip two very solid defenders give them brown will get some good looks and scoring chances and be very solid d wise.

Third line im ok with killorn as center purcell ,,, starting to dislike panik a ton. Want him on fourth again cant wait for pyatt honestly. Put pyatt or thompson on 3 with purcell killorn is a pretty good line actually.

Our biggest problem the last week has been losing gudas his hitting opens a lot of things up and causes mistakes by other teams rushing things which we are not seeing much of since he has been out or less of.

If panik could do something play physical again? Or score? He is disappointing me again like earlier in year. Wont throw him under bus but he is not BRINGING IT right now.

Pretty sure I'm 100% in agreement with all of this. Particularly bumping Johnson up. He deserves it. No one's winning battles in the corners right now for Marty, and Johnson often does that with his speed rather than physicality. Also, Marty plays best when his line is playing with speed, and lots of it. Flip/Marty is not a good match.

How about Killorn/Johnson/St. Louis? It has all the speed that Killorn/Stamkos/St. Louis had.

I think it's time to realize Killorn was moved to a wing a couple of years ago for a reason. He's not a center, but if he has to be, it should be on a lower line.

Panik might need some time in the press box again to wake him up. Not sure if we'll be healthy enough to go 11-7 next game though.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Just not a good effort. Worst Ive seen them play all year. I dont understand how these guys cant score goals? I feel a lot of their game is based on the other team making mistakes and using their speed to make them pay. If they arent winning the puck first and going to the dirty areas they wont cause the team to make mistakes. This isnt the AHL where you can outskill every team.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Line rushes at practice today: Palat-Johnson-St Louis; Purcell-Thompson-Brown; Killorn-Filppula-Kucherov; Crombeen-Tyrell-Panik

I actually friggin love this over what I said. I know I would like thompson higher you got top two this way face off guys. Got palat in top for D thomspon scond for d third has flip for d fourth panik

AWESOME!!!!

Give this a shot for a week or so this looks strong pyatt comes up even more options:)

also radko was skating!!! stammer was doing puck stick work sitting on a bench:)

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Line rushes at practice today: Palat-Johnson-St Louis; Purcell-Thompson-Brown; Killorn-Filppula-Kucherov; Crombeen-Tyrell-Panik

I actually friggin love this over what I said. I know I would like thompson higher you got top two this way face off guys. Got palat in top for D thomspon scond for d third has flip for d fourth panik

AWESOME!!!!

Give this a shot for a week or so this looks strong pyatt comes up even more options:)

also radko was skating!!! stammer was doing puck stick work sitting on a bench:)

That's a good mix. I really want to see Thompson tried out in more of a scoring role. He wins battles on the forecheck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad