Injury Report: 12/29 Wingels

jackadams iii*

not to take away any suspense, but it was his shoulder. That should also not give anything away to the other teams because it was clear in the replay.

why do hockey teams try to trick fans by saying "upper body" "lower body" "overall soreness" crap. we are not 10.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
It could very well be a concussion the way his head bounced off the boards (hoping not)...

AstroDan

Stars, cars, guitars
Jan 29, 2009
NorCal
Either his shoulder, or, did you see his left (?) leg twist at the knee. I grimaced on the slo-mo replay.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Definitely looked like a shoulder injury the way he went in.

It's either a shoulder or neck strain, I would guess. It looked like his skate caught the d-man's skate which caused him to fall and it looked like his neck/shoulder area wrapped around the d-man's knee then collided with the boards. Hopefully, it's just stiff and sore and goes away after a while. I don't think we'll see him in tomorrow but hopefully after that. They don't need to go another man down and bring McCarthy back into the lineup.

Ducks game is looking like...

Marleau-Couture-Nieto
Pavelski-Thornton-Burns
Sheppard-Kearns-Kennedy
McCarthy-Desjardins-Brown

They're going to need to step up big time when they're on the road and are more susceptible to bad matchups.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Curtis Pashelka ‏@CurtisPashelka 6m

@TommyWingels said he's still sore, but feels better than he did yesterday. McLellan said Wingels will not make the trip to Anaheim

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
David Pollak ‏@PollakOnSharks 7m

McLellan's injury update on #SJShark Wingels not exactly optimistic: "He won’t play tonight. Put the skates on today and didn’t feel good."

SJSharks42

May 8, 2009
Wonderful.

What a boost it will be to get Torres and Wingels back. I'm not counting on Hertl being back this season, hope to be surprised though.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
I thought it was a shoulder injury but the way he said "put on his skates and did not feel good" makes me think its a concussion, that he had to get on the ice to realize he was dizzy/woozy/etc

I dont think you would have to get on the ice to realize your shoulder still hurt, you can figure that out off the ice. I mean he could get on, take slap shots and feel bad but if the pain is small enough that you would have to get that far to realize it he would play through it, IMO

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I thought it was a shoulder injury but the way he said "put on his skates and did not feel good" makes me think its a concussion, that he had to get on the ice to realize he was dizzy/woozy/etc

I dont think you would have to get on the ice to realize your shoulder still hurt, you can figure that out off the ice. I mean he could get on, take slap shots and feel bad but if the pain is small enough that you would have to get that far to realize it he would play through it, IMO

It's possible that it could be a shoulder injury though. You got to pump your arms when you sprint. If it hurts too bad for him to move quickly then it's probably not a good idea to play.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com

The workout they would have put him through to clear him if he had suffered a concussion would have shown symptoms long before they reached the level of him putting on skates.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Wingles becomes the tweener Sharks fans have clamored for for years. . .

. . . and he gets injured

GWS Wiggles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad