GDT: 12/29/23 NBC sports Chicago Hawks @ Stars (Pre Elias new year) 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Seth eats hard minutes. Zero chance this team is better without him and Tinordi playing regularly in his place.
My whole point was Vlasic and Korchinski are proving they can eat minutes. Jones just needs to lay off the hero puck and play closer to 22-23 minutes a night instead of thirty. I almost guarantee he’ll look better in the long run for it. Let it be a team effort when he gets back. Yeah I too would prefer Zaitsev and Tinordi never playing again.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
My whole point was Vlasic and Korchinski are proving they can eat minutes. Jones just needs to lay off the hero puck and play closer to 22-23 minutes a night instead of thirty. I almost guarantee he’ll look better in the long run for it. Let it be a team effort when he gets back. Yeah I too would prefer Zaitsev and Tinordi never playing again.
Vlasic eats hard minutes. Korchinski less so. But he's good enough offensively that he shouldn't be eating hard minutes. You put the kid in a position to succeed.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Need Seth back. Also AA would be nice to play with Reichel and Guttman.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Bedard didn’t have a good night.
Tinordi played one of the worst games from a d you will ever see
Johnson and Guttman were buzzing and saw very little ice in OT
Phillips has been solid but was not good in OT
Korch has to stop being so careless with the puck in OT
Blackwell was good game one back but has been disappointing since
Entwhistle is not an NHL player

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Bedard had a bad game..

The so called top line (Foligno Brdard Kurashec)was dominated 5x5...

Tgey pkayed 9:49 TOI in5x5 by far the most minutes of any libe combo in5x5

The next 2 line combos each were only a bitvovervor underc3 and a half mintesctogether in 5x5..

The FBK combo was horrible 5x5

CF 8 (Corsi For)
CA 14 (Corsi Against)
CF% 36.36 (Corsi For%)
CF% Relative -8.20

In other line combosxBedard was on 5x5 they were in terms of Corsi For Relative %

+57.52
+57.52

However all these combos were very short in terms of TOI .39 seconds to 55 seconds...so small sample sizes on terms of TOI...

For instance Bedard (at RW Fokigno at Center and Dickinson at RW were together 55 seconds in 5x5 ...so we realky do not know if using that line combo in those positions would imoact the offense much better than tge usual FBK combo..

Butas a top line given their big minutes together in5x5,the Fokigno Bedard Kurashev combo just stunk out the joint..

All -3 ...so bad in offensive imoact and defensiveky ..Chasing the puck in d-zobe too long or behind the play watching...notvchecjibgvwell..

They were hot garbage in this game.

Negativein effectiveness in so may categories...Bedardcthe focal point.. He had a realky bad game ...let us nit sugar coat it...He stink in this game.

Reactions: Panzerspitze

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
Haven’t read the thread. Am I the only person who was screaming at the TV when Richardson sent Bedard out to start the OT? To me it shows that Richardson truly lacks the intelligence for the job. Bedard is lousy at faceoffs. He was extra lousy last night as was the whole team. So why send him out to take the OT opening draw when the obvious and expected outcome is he would lose the draw and then spend the entire shift chasing on defense?

Seems like simple common sense to hold Bedard back until we actually have possession and then send him over the boards. For reference, take a look all the way back to his OT game winner a couple days ago.

This seems like 1+1=2 difficulty in terms of logic.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Bedard didn’t have a good night.
Tinordi played one of the worst games from a d you will ever see
Johnson and Guttman were buzzing and saw very little ice in OT
Phillips has been solid but was not good in OT
Korch has to stop being so careless with the puck in OT
Blackwell was good game one back but has been disappointing since
Entwhistle is not an NHL player
Agree with all points. To elaborate slightly on 2 points:
Blackwell deserves some time to get back up to speed
Entwistle is not an NHL player at this point but Hawks system is so weak it's all we have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad