GDT: 12/17/13 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ New York Islanders

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
This team. In 20 minutes I go from being depressed waiting for another shutout to being the happiest guy in the world.

Finally some veteran leadership in the scoring department. Bishop should be the most wanted man in America after stealing yet another game. The game could've easily been 5-0 before we scored the first goal.

The next three games should be winnable. I'll be very happy if we get two out of three wins before the christmas break.

TampaBayLightning

The Asterisk Dynasty!
Nov 10, 2013
Tampa
I took my dog out for a walk with 4 minutes left figuring it was all but over, came back in just to see Bishop make the final save in the shoot out. Damn me!!!

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Has anyone stolen more games than Bishop this year? I know Harding and Rask have some sick numbers, but in terms of being the unquestioned difference between a win and a loss, I have a hard time believing Bishop hasn't been a bigger factor for us than any other goalie has been to his team. We win a lot of games we shouldn't.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
GQXVTuG.jpg

https://twitter.com/WaltonCaps/status/410456001335156736

FinRuutu

Red Wins
Feb 7, 2010
Helsinki
Fil for Datsyuk, Kronwall, and Zetterberg and you have a deal.

actually nevermind, i take that back, i like him too much.

You and me both... :cry: And to think that I was in the minority of people who preferred Filppula over Weiss. 20/20 hindsight.. its not even close.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Leafs and Wings both lose.

For those of you that think the sky is about to fall, don't forget that not ALL of our competition are the Boston Bruins. We now have a solid grip on 3rd place with two and three games at hand on the nearest teams in the race. Toronto is in a lot more trouble than we are, and Detroit has completely lost their game.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Shoutout to Gudas for being a beast out there, the Islanders won't be forgetting him anytime soon

It sucks that Gudas will get no love for the Calder. 2nd in hits for defensemen despite playing 5 fewer games than the leader, and the leader in hits among rookies by a huge margin, not to mention playing 22-24 minutes per night lately.

If Seth Jones gets nominated over him, I hope Gudas shows up at the awards and stares down the presenter.

TampaBayLightning

The Asterisk Dynasty!
Nov 10, 2013
Tampa
It sucks that Gudas will get no love for the Calder. 2nd in hits for defensemen despite playing 5 fewer games than the leader, and the leader in hits among rookies by a huge margin, not to mention playing 22-24 minutes per night lately.

If Seth Jones gets nominated over him, I hope Gudas shows up at the awards and stares down the presenter.
I keep forgetting that Gudas is basically a Rookie, though he did play in one game last season. He just plays like a seasoned vet.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Leafs and Wings both lose.

For those of you that think the sky is about to fall, don't forget that not ALL of our competition are the Boston Bruins. We now have a solid grip on 3rd place with two and three games at hand on the nearest teams in the race. Toronto is in a lot more trouble than we are, and Detroit has completely lost their game.

Florida is going to win the division.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Figures. Missed a thriller driving home. By the sounds, Bish won this game for us. Again. How concerning.

Did Kucherov get any PP time yet?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I have no idea how I didn't realize Gudas was a rookie, but I'm that much more impressed with him now.

It's hard to remember. Probably because he played 22 games last year, and right from the get-go he looked like a vet. There's was never really a question of sending him back down from the moment he got here. And the fact that he's fearless and I've never, ever, seen a more seamless transition to the NHL.

This is a guy, roughly 50 games into his career, that treated Pavel Datsyuk like a guy who knocked his sister up. He doesn't care who you are. He only cares that you can fall. :p

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Figures. Missed a thriller driving home. By the sounds, Bish won this game for us. Again. How concerning.

Hard to tell, the PP was so horrendous. He did, however, get out in the last minute of the game and was the main factor in the goal by driving to the net with the puck in the final seconds. Flip scored the goal, but Kucherov created it, 100%.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

Yeah. We only had 1 pp, which was caused by Clutterbuck punching him in the head. He played about half a minute.

But 19:32 for the night, so that's the most he's played in a game. Lines were jumbled, but he spent a good chunk of time on a line with Brownov and Marty.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Soooo...panic mode guys? We almost got shutout there. We need to make a trade really bad. Too many rookies. We suck. Lindback over Bishop. So on and so forth.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Hard to tell, the PP was so horrendous. He did, however, get out in the last minute of the game and was the main factor in the goal by driving to the net with the puck in the final seconds. Flip scored the goal, but Kucherov created it, 100%.

Well wtf. Is Cooper just not addressing the ****ing power play or what? You'd think it would show at least some improvement over the past, what, 20 games?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Well wtf. Is Cooper just not addressing the ****ing power play or what? You'd think it would show at least some improvement over the past, what, 20 games?

We only had the one, and it was mentioned above that Kuch did indeed see some time on it, despite drawing the penalty by taking a shot to the face. So Coop definitely seems to be recognizing his value.

From what I can see, we're simply having a problem gaining the zone right now. There are more problems after we get the zone, but those ones aren't nearly as bad as our zone entry. Teams are just standing us up. I would honestly like to see guys like Nate Thompson given a shot so we could maybe develop a dump and chase game, because the cute little "stop at the line and drop the puck to the D-man" is dead.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Soooo...panic mode guys? We almost got shutout there. We need to make a trade really bad. Too many rookies. We suck. Lindback over Bishop. So on and so forth.

Sarcasm is a great thing (I'm a big fan, ask anyone I know) but let's look at our goals scored recently. 30 actual goals for in the last 15 games is a problem (excluding the two shootout winners). Though he has been amazing, you can't expect Bishop to stand on his head every single game. We do have too many good F prospects and a lack of D in the system. Purcell has forgotten how to score, everyone else is hurt etc.

If we wait the 7-9 weeks it takes to get Stammer back, will we still be in the playoff race? The only way is if Bishop is out of his mind the whole time. Plus, it's very tough to watch at times.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Sarcasm is a great thing (I'm a big fan, ask anyone I know) but let's look at our goals scored recently. 30 actual goals for in the last 15 games is a problem (excluding the two shootout winners). Though he has been amazing, you can't expect Bishop to stand on his head every single game. We do have too many good F prospects and a lack of D in the system. Purcell has forgotten how to score, everyone else is hurt etc.

If we wait the 7-9 weeks it takes to get Stammer back, will we still be in the playoff race? The only way is if Bishop is out of his mind the whole time. Plus, it's very tough to watch at times.

Go have a peek at our main competition, the Leafs and Wings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad