GDT: 12/15/15 "No Sleep Till Brooklyn" - Panthers VS Islanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Really liked Corban Knight.

Dont mind him centering the 3rd or something. Plus like his FOs.

Maybe a Smithson type role? Take opening PP draw then switch out?

WESEERED

#CatsAreComing
Apr 20, 2012
Was a really fun game to be at. Maybe just what the panthers needed to get going again.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
Nice in the sense that they beat a decent team that was on fire, sure. Actual game was pretty awful though. Stole 2.

My Internet was awful so I wasn't able to catch a lot of the game, but after the awful first period the game seemed pretty even. I wouldn't necessarily say they stole two.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
My Internet was awful so I wasn't able to catch a lot of the game, but after the awful first period the game seemed pretty even. I wouldn't necessarily say they stole two.

25h3cxv.png

They went from awful to mediocre

Ekblast

"We're still learning." -Coach Brunette.
Nov 9, 2002
Flori-duh
www.Reddit.com
Okay, next game is the Devils and it's a pivotal points game (just like Ottawa and Boston) so that means we'll lose 5-2 or something. Typical Panthers!!

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
We had no business winning that game but I'll take it. Awesome goaltending plus capitalizing on your chances is always a good combo.

Barkov can only be fully appreciated in person. He's easily the best forward we've ever drafted. Trocheck was good too. Rocco and Thornton do not belong in the NHL.

Pirri is worse in person. He really needs to work on his skating. He's too slow. If he can improve that he'd start scoring more. Getting hurt this offseason has really hindered his progress.

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
So looks like the key to winning in today's NHL is to call up a bunch of young 2-7th rounders, rely on your goaltender, get out possessed and shoot at 30%. Boston and Ottawa here we come!

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Key to me so far is to finish a game at a 100% special teams index, or at least close to it.

Either you finish 100% on pk and 0% on the pp like last night, or 50/50 or whatever combination.

Any time we finish a game under 100%, we lose.

SimbaThePanther

Jul 3, 2015
Sweden
I was fully expecting a loss and that 1st period didn't exactly change my mind. Never gonna be easy with what is going on around the club right now. Nice to see that they played much better defensivly in the 2nd and 3rd periods. Lou got hot after the 1st while their goalie must have been freezing from so little action. :laugh: THE key to winning the game. :naughty: Sometimes they get a lot of very good chances to score and can't put it away. This time they did. Don't care if they have 15 shots or 50, as long as they score when they get the chance.

Hope they play NJ like last time...only this time get the W instead. :yo:

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
We had no business winning that game but I'll take it. Awesome goaltending plus capitalizing on your chances is always a good combo.

Barkov can only be fully appreciated in person. He's easily the best forward we've ever drafted. Trocheck was good too. Rocco and Thornton do not belong in the NHL.

Pirri is worse in person. He really needs to work on his skating. He's too slow. If he can improve that he'd start scoring more. Getting hurt this offseason has really hindered his progress.

I feel like he's looked faster recently. You're right though, he's not a quick skater by any means. He's been improving though, so hopefully it continues.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
So looks like the key to winning in today's NHL is to call up a bunch of young 2-7th rounders, rely on your goaltender, get out possessed and shoot at 30%. Boston and Ottawa here we come!

:nod:

fluke :popcorn:

watch us die against NJ. it won't be pretty

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
That 1st Period was absolutely pitiful. We're lucky that we weren't scored on first or that could have possibly changed the whole outcome (thank you Lu!). Once Halak let in that third goal right after the Islanders attempted to comeback, it was pretty much secured from there as it killed his confidence. Although, I didn't like sitting back in the 3rd. All in all, I don't know if we were the better team, but I'll take the win. Somehow, we just have the Isles number over the last couple of seasons.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
That 1st Period was absolutely pitiful. We're lucky that we weren't scored on first or that could have possibly changed the whole outcome (thank you Lu!). Once Halak let in that third goal right after the Islanders attempted to comeback, it was pretty much secured from there as it killed his confidence. Although, I didn't like sitting back in the 3rd. All in all, I don't know if we were the better team, but I'll take the win. Somehow, we just have the Isles number over the last couple of seasons.

Because Potvin

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

I'm surprised Halak was not pulled after the third goal went in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad