GDT: 12/15/15 "No Sleep Till Brooklyn" - Panthers VS Islanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
990X100_WhiteFPHC_Banner_Aug6.jpg

Tonight, your Florida Panthers take on the New York Islanders! Game time at 7:00pm EST live from Barclays Center!

barclays-center_0.jpg

TV: Live on FSN Florida and Center Ice.
Radio: Listen Live on 560 WQAM

:panthers

VS

:isles

[fieldset=Standings]

Link To Current NHL Standings
Florida:
Wins | Losses | OTL/SOL | Total Points
14 |12 |4 |32

New York:
Wins | Losses | OTL/SOL | Total Points
18|8|5|41
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Injuries]
New York:
Player | Date Of Incident | Status |Injury
J. Berube, G| Nov 28, 2015| IR| Lower-body injury
R. Strome, C| Dec 13, 2015| day-to-day| Undisclosed injury

Florida:
Player | Date Of Incident | Status |Injury
M. Savard, C| Oct 8, 2015| IR| Post-concussion syndrome
A. Petrovic, D |Nov 28, 2015 |IR| Foot
N. Bjugstad, C |Dec 1, 2015 |IR| Upper-body injury
S. Kampfer, D |Dec 11, 2015| IR |Lower-body injury
D. MacKenzie, C |Dec 13, 2015| day-to-day| Undisclosed injury
D. Bolland, C | Dec 15, 2015|conditioning stint|Unknown
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Line Combinations (Subject To Change)]
New York:
LW |C| RW
BROCK NELSON |JOHN TAVARES| KYLE OKPOSO
ANDERS LEE |FRANS NIELSEN |JOSH BAILEY
NIKOLAI KULEMIN| MIKHAIL GRABOVSKI| STEVE BERNIER
MATT MARTIN |CASEY CIZIKAS |CAL CLUTTERBUCK

LD|RD
NICK LEDDY| TRAVIS HAMONIC
CALVIN DE HAAN| JOHNNY BOYCHUK
THOMAS HICKEY| MAREK ZIDLICKY

Florida:
LW| C |RW
JONATHAN HUBERDEAU| ALEKSANDER BARKOV| JAROMIR JAGR
BRANDON PIRRI |VINCENT TROCHECK |REILLY SMITH
ROCCO GRIMALDI|JUSSI JOKINEN| LOGAN SHAW
SHAWN THORNTON|CORBAN KNIGHT|CONNOR BRICKLEY

LD|RD
WILLIE MITCHELL| BRIAN CAMPBELL
AARON EKBLAD |DYLAN OLSEN
DMITRY KULIKOV| ERIK GUDBRANSON
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Expected Starting Goaltenders]
New York:
PlayerHeadshot

Jaroslav Halak
GP | W | L | OTL | GAA | SV% | SO
17|9|4|3| 2.04| .926|2

VS.

Florida:
8466141.jpg

Roberto Luongo
GP | W | L | OTL | GAA | SV% | SO
24|10|11|3| 2.34| .922|1
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Special Teams]
New York:
PP%|PP Rank|PK%|PK Rank
20.5%|10th|85.9%|4th

Florida:
PP%|PP Rank|PK%|PK Rank
19.0%|12th|80.0%|18th
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Red Hot: Cat Of The Night]
aaron_ekblad_florida_110114.jpg

Aaron Ekblad has 4 points in his last 4 games.​
[/fieldset]

Last Game VS. Islanders

Last Game Played

CatsIsles(9)

LET'S GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!
:yo::wave::fight::hit:

Last edited:

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
Islanders are 9-0-2 in their last eleven games. With the injuries we have and guys not feeling 100%, this might get rough. Somehow, we always play them close.

Last edited:

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Put howden on the 2nd line with trocheck and Smith please.

Pirri down with Jussi and Jokinen. Shaw where thornton is.

Thornton to the Bermuda Triangle

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
Until this franchise finds a dynamic offensive weapon, like a Tavares, we will continue to wallow in the depths of mediocrity. Please don't waste Ekblad's career, the guy has Stanley Cup written all over him.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
They're 8-0-2 in their last 10...guess who one of those 2 is. Does that mean we'll win tomorrow? Not at all, but, man is this board frustrating sometimes. And I consider myself a pretty pessimistic person

We have two of our four centers out, a bunch of guys are sick, we have Thornton in for god knows what reason, laid an egg against Boston, and an Islander team that is on fire. It's not pessimism, it's making an honest assessment.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
They always play the Islanders well (not as well on the road but still). They need 2 of the next 3 and they don't beat the Devils. Ever.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
But, but....last seasons improvement? We have to keep him because you will lose if you change coaches. :sarcasm:

Saint Louis and Pittsburgh last week and Ottawa this week.

Stay tuned for what fan base will be the next to complain about their coach for stupid reasons!

EstConf96*

Saint Louis and Pittsburgh last week and Ottawa this week.

Stay tuned for what fan base will be the next to complain about their coach for stupid reasons!

But what if Pittsburgh improves with the new coach? What are you going to say then?

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
The Pens are a nightmare to coach. Crosby is a whiner and scapegoats everyone else but himself when things are going poorly. Superstars are great to have on your team if they have a modicum of humbleness, but most feel the world revolves around them. Tavares and guys like him are the perfect superstar to have on your team. It would be our luck that we would end up with one like Crosby.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
The morality around here is at an all time low and I don't know why really. It's like reading the Hurricanes or Canucks board

EstConf96*

The morality around here is at an all time low and I don't know why really. It's like reading the Hurricanes or Canucks board

Well the Oilers are on a 6 game win streak and in a playoff spot with only 2 points behinde us. That fact hurts in my eyes, feels like we are the only ones not really improving. Other than that some are just tired of Gallant and his antics starting with him incisting on playing Thornton.

Good news however is that the team stays in S.Florida for another 7 years. Hopefully with atleast one playoff run to boot for.

Last edited by a moderator:

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz

I kind of get it since this team manages to get the hopes up by playing very good at times and getting us close to the playoffs but than falling short. The 2011-12 season was another tickle to just miss out on the playoffs the following seasons.

It is this "on the brink" of complete failure or consistent playoff contender. In German you would say "it's neither fish nor meat", nothing to be defined and only half-measures.

I'd put Buffalo against it where the ownership and the whole fanbase decided "let's be awful so we get Eichel or McDavid" and soon, we will be a regular playoff team.

Clearcut loser to clearcut "winner" whereas the Cats remain in the grey area in between.

Still, I'll remain optimistic even though it is almost too painful often times

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Howden needs to play. To me, he is a Dmac kind of player. He did not have a bad game yet and he always brings the same to the table.

Thornton or Pirri out - Thornton for obvious reasons, Pirri could need a breather or just a moment to think a little (worked for Jimmy Hayes...)

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Well the Oilers are on a 6 game win streak and in a playoff spot with only 2 points behinde us. That fact hurts in my eyes, feels like we are the only ones not really improving. Other than that some are just tired of Gallant and his antics starting with him incisting on playing Thornton.

Good news however is that the team stays in S.Florida for another 7 years. Hopefully with atleast one playoff run to boot for.

Well we are ahead of last seasons pace at this point. How is that not improving?

I kind of get it since this team manages to get the hopes up by playing very good at times and getting us close to the playoffs but than falling short. The 2011-12 season was another tickle to just miss out on the playoffs the following seasons.

It is this "on the brink" of complete failure or consistent playoff contender. In German you would say "it's neither fish nor meat", nothing to be defined and only half-measures.

I'd put Buffalo against it where the ownership and the whole fanbase decided "let's be awful so we get Eichel or McDavid" and soon, we will be a regular playoff team.

Clearcut loser to clearcut "winner" whereas the Cats remain in the grey area in between.

Still, I'll remain optimistic even though it is almost too painful often times

Well Tallon tried to be awful and tanked too. We simply weren't lucky enough to get a McDavid or Eichel. Buffalo hasn't "tried" any harder to suck than we did. In fact they made a commitment to getting out of the basement faster by trading for Kane and ROR. They just got lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad