GDT: 12/15/13 - 5:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Detroit

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Took Purcell's goal away from him, way to shatter his confidence even more.

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
It's teddy, unless they give it to Killer - he was hooked on a partial-breakaway, but Purcell scored before the Wings got possession.

Teddy from Killer and Flip.

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/icetracker?id=2013020500&navid=sb:gamecenter

Mishkin had said something to the effect that it's Killer's because as soon as he was hooked to deny the goal scoring opportunity, a goal was awarded. Just wondering b/c the boards cheered Teddy, and Mishkin was talking about Killorn getting off of his goalless streak.

Killorn was being hooked when he took the shot and missed before Teddy put it in. So it goes to Killorn.

Got it. Thanks Days, CTII, and PA for the clarification!

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
kucherov hugs bishop than purcell telling him hey big guy that is the net lets start making more of those:) Is good to see even the kids like that get when someone is struggling and off and say a good word etc..

Now for all the fans of me out there:) I am leaving tomorrow morning on a business trip to san diego so going to miss the next two games. First ones in a few seasons:( So hopefully you all can live without me lol.

WE WIN WE WIN WE WIN WE WIN WE WIN WE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Predictions islanders vanek gets two but we win 3-2 in overtime.

We go home and beat nashville 2-0 on thursday.

Not sure how often can get online is gonna be a busy busy week.

Good win guys our goals were two guys each time charging the net which ive said we got to score ugly this year by numbers:) crashing the goalies!!

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/icetracker?id=2013020500&navid=sb:gamecenter

Mishkin had said something to the effect that it's Killer's because as soon as he was hooked to deny the goal scoring opportunity, a goal was awarded. Just wondering b/c the boards cheered Teddy, and Mishkin was talking about Killorn getting off of his goalless streak.

Then why wouldn't they just blow it right away, puck hit the boards, went to Teddy who then had to shoot it into the net before the whistle went.

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
Then why wouldn't they just blow it right away, puck hit the boards, went to Teddy who then had to shoot it into the net before the whistle went.

As I said, I wasn't watching (just listening to radio), so idk...

However, "NHL referees" seems like the most reasonable answer.

Ricebox

Feb 7, 2013
Norway - Florida
obama-not-bad-l.png

3rd period at least.

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
I believe Mishkin said the Lightning are 4-0-1 in the 2nd half of back-to-backs so far this season. That's a good stat to have!

Tampa Bay Kiwi

Apr 23, 2013
Just finished watching the replay, overall I guess we can't ask for much more than shutting out Detroit with a team full of rookies whilst missing our 2 of our best players. Enjoyed the game, some really good things to take away it.

Few things I noticed, if we want to do anything more than just make up numbers for the first round of the playoffs we need to bring in another defensman. We can't have Barberio out there every night against quality teams.

Why isn't Kucherov not on the PP?! It was horrendous once again, why not put Kooch out there to take one-timers and throw dirty passes.

Taormina is scary in his own zone, to small for the NHL as a defensman.

Not sure how Bishop got a shutout, although we'll take it. Still played great though.

Gudas and Carle are absolute studs at the moment. I think we can all me happy with Carles cap-hit now considering the cap is going up shortly. Only about 6.5m a year between them both for a very solid 2nd pairing.

Thompsons playing great, I think he and Malone could really feed off each other when he's back. Or he might just slow down Nates play...

Panik needs to be sent down if he's playing on the 4th line IMO.

Sorry for the Robert post, felt like I needed to contribute and I'm just bored.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Few things I noticed, if we want to do anything more than just make up numbers for the first round of the playoffs we need to bring in another defensman. We can't have Barberio out there every night against quality teams.

Gudas and Carle are absolute studs at the moment. I think we can all me happy with Carles cap-hit now considering the cap is going up shortly. Only about 6.5m a year between them both for a very solid 2nd pairing.

Thompsons playing great, I think he and Malone could really feed off each other when he's back. Or he might just slow down Nates play...

In order: While I think we all agree that having one more high end defenseman on the team would be great, it isnt nearly the necessity that it once was. Our defense is actually playing pretty solid right now, for being a bunch of rookies. Taorimina isnt ideal, but once Hedman gets back, we should be pretty good. Now if we can trade for an Edler all the better, but that may not be a good idea. Sustr or even Barberio could very well develop into that sort of player in a year or two.

Carle is playing well at the moment, and that pairing with Gudas seems to be a good match. They are really solid and should only improve with time.

And Nates being Nate. It's great to have a player that simply out works everyone else on the ice. I hope he keeps it up.

Tampa Bay Kiwi

Apr 23, 2013
In order: While I think we all agree that having one more high end defenseman on the team would be great, it isnt nearly the necessity that it once was. Our defense is actually playing pretty solid right now, for being a bunch of rookies. Taorimina isnt ideal, but once Hedman gets back, we should be pretty good. Now if we can trade for an Edler all the better, but that may not be a good idea. Sustr or even Barberio could very well develop into that sort of player in a year or two.

I guess what I'm saying is that by the time the playoffs come around (hopfully we make the playoffs) we will probably have an injury to one of the guys in the top-6 and that I don't think we'll be able to win a series if we have to have guys like Barbs and Taormina in the lineup. Even a rental would be sufficient and would improve this team. It sounds like I hate Barbs, but i'd just rather someone else than him playing for us in the playoffs.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
I guess what I'm saying is that by the time the playoffs come around (hopfully we make the playoffs) we will probably have an injury to one of the guys in the top-6 and that I don't think we'll be able to win a series if we have to have guys like Barbs and Taormina in the lineup. Even a rental would be sufficient and would improve this team. It sounds like I hate Barbs, but i'd just rather someone else than him playing for us in the playoffs.

I'll agree to an extent. Taormina is not a day to day NHL defenseman. Barbs still could be IMO. He may be a much more mature player even come April. Depends on whose available, for what price, and where we are in the standings of course.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We've been very gloom and doom around here lately, but the reality is we've got points now in 5 of our last 6 games.

It could obviously be better, but if you'd told any one of us that Steven Stamkos was going to break his leg and more than a month later we'd be third in the Atlantic with an 8 point cushion for a playoff spot? We'd have taken it every time.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
We've been very gloom and doom around here lately, but the reality is we've got points now in 5 of our last 6 games.

It could obviously be better, but if you'd told any one of us that Steven Stamkos was going to break his leg and more than a month later we'd be third in the Atlantic with an 8 point cushion for a playoff spot? We'd have taken it every time.

And Id ask you where you get your stuff from. :amazed:

Tampa Bay Kiwi

Apr 23, 2013

Yeah for sure, I'm not being negative towards the team but I'm just voicing that I think our defense core could be made better via a trade at the deadline. If where playing decent hockey most nights now and contending with good teams, why not add another piece if the price is right and try be even more competitive and try make a run.

But yeah, we should probably stop being so negative, things are looking up :yo:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Franzen may have suffered a concussion after the Gudas hit:

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive
Babcock said he has no update on Franzen. Another head injury, he must go through the concussion protocol.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive
Ken Holland said Franzen is definitely out Tuesday, as he's on concussion protocol. No word yet on whether they'll recall someone.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary

Taking that 1 step further we are 7-7-3 since we lost Stamkos (that includes the Boston game he was hurt in so not counting that 7-6-3)
That means we have averaged at least 1 point every game since then. Considering quite a few of us (myself included) said staying at .500 was the goal we have in Theroy maintained that despite technically having the losing record.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Carle is playing well at the moment, and that pairing with Gudas seems to be a good match. They are really solid and should only improve with time.

And Nates being Nate. It's great to have a player that simply out works everyone else on the ice. I hope he keeps it up.

I agree with all of this. The only type of move I think we should make for a defenseman would be a homerun move -- a guy who can play big minutes with Hedman. I don't think we should be looking for second pairing guys or depth guys.

It's easy to forget that Radko Gudas has played just FIFTY NHL games. When you look at the amount of responsibility he has with this time, sometimes playing 25 minutes per night, and how well he handles that responsibility, it's really crazy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad