GDT: 12/14/13 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ New Jersey

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
The first game I am able to see since way before Stamkos got injured and it's horrible.

Most forwards look good and nothing goes in and ONE Dpairing kills the whole night.
If I ever have to see Matt Taormina in our lineup again I will for sure NOT watch the game even if I would have the time to.
Send this guy down where he belongs and give Korobov a shot. He will at least be capable of playing hockey in our own zone and thats all I ask for of a callup defender.

I feel really bad for Lindback. Great game and still got three in.

On a side not I am very very impressed by Brown. He seems to fly all over the ice and is creating a ton of chances. Has he played that good all of the time?

we almost got as much injuries in AHL as on this team korobov is out I think also:) Aulie hedman nesterov missed a bunch of time for shot to face is just unreal honestly. Brown is fine he plays well every game imo.

Kucherov though is our best player but marty and needs to be playing with marty.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
For Yzie to sit on his hands right now looks and is awful. If we're going to flush it away and decide to let the kids play, give them to as much as time as you can. Otherwise be realistic and make a damn trade.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
For Yzie to sit on his hands right now looks and is awful. If we're going to flush it away and decide to let the kids play, give them to as much as time as you can. Otherwise be realistic and make a damn trade.

This only makes sense if we're out of a playoff position and not playing for anything, we're sitting 4th in the god damn conference, experience takes a back-seat to results, sorry.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa

What's really funny is all my friends who are hockey fans see this problem. But, apparently, not the Bolts fanbase here.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Our record would suggest otherwise. We're getting shutout. Repeatedly. Our rookies can't hit the net. Oh, they can hit the post, but not the net.

The way I look at it is simple: we started the season extremely rookie heavy on our roster. Then several of our vets (Pyatt, Stamkos, Malone, arguably Hedman) went down. Do we have enough vet experience left to balance and lead the rookies? Maybe you think so. I don't.

It was obvious we overachieved at the beginning and now we underachieve a bit due to injurys. In my opinion most of the rookies are doing a great job, the guys that don't are the vets. I only see scoreboards and the boltprospects.com reviews of the games and I seriously wouldn't ask for more out of Johnson, Palat, Gudas, Brown and Kucherov. The guys I am asking for more are Flip, Purcell, Carle (some real bad moments tonight as well) and Salo. If those 4 could get going and somebody give Killorn some luck as christmas present we would be alright.

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Should bench Teddy for a game, he scored in one of his last fifteen games and one point in his last six games (a helper..) and seems to be floating around.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
Who cares what 2 other people think?

Oh snap!

Look, I know my opinion isn't popular here but the goal of hockey is to win games. We're not winning games. We're not only losing games, we're getting shutout. More than any team should.

I'm not inclined to wait out the rookie-growth process on 13 players. That's... a long time. Get someone who knows what the **** they're doing. Now.

Yzlamic Preacher*

This should be an example of how much Stammer and Hedman mean to us. If Bish, God forbid, drops we are done. We need another finisher, It used to be Malone but that has gone to ****. I think that is what Coop was talking about when he said for this team to be successful we need Malone. Yzerman has a decision to make, win now or are we still re tooling. If we are still re tooling, we stay put, wait and see the fruit after. If we win now we package Connolly + Panik + draft pick for some not afraid to shoot the Damn puck.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Oh snap!

Look, I know my opinion isn't popular here but the goal of hockey is to win games. We're not winning games. We're not only losing games, we're getting shutout. More than any team should.

I'm not inclined to wait out the rookie-growth process on 13 players. That's... a long time. Get someone who knows what the **** they're doing. Now.

I have to agree, teams develop 1 or 2 rookies at once on their teams, we're trying 8-10 while being in a playoff position. People aren't going to like parting ways with the prospects because of a growing attachment, but looked what happened with the Conacher situation, who was at the time, the most beloved lightning prospect.

Only untouchables right now should be Drouin, Kucherov and Gudas.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Oh snap!

You are only a fan. Stevie has said has a plan is not a one year this year plan.

So accept that we might struggle and he will continue to do nothing or don't accept it.

Is pretty simple equation. I saw very good things tonight. We still need hedman back badly. We primarily dominated the last two periods. The third goal was lucky bad goal whatever.

We were truly in it full time but is MARTY BRODEUR not some scrub who argue wise is greatest goalie EVER.

I liked kucherov's play on the boards tonight he just keeps getting better. As much as I love Palat on that top line I think maybe moving him down a line, moving purcell to third line and moving kucherov up with marty would be a big difference.

Our face off's are a joke and our power play is wow bad.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Also, lol at this team. Score 5 goals one night, get shut out the next. It's comical.

If only they could play a PP as well as they did with the empty net. Our PP is comical. We need to score on these power play chances we are getting, its getting ridiculous. Why Kucherov is not out there is beyond me. Come on Cooper, use your ****ing head. Our only finisher is not on the PP. Whenever Kucherov is out, it seems we get a good scoring chance. Put him out there if you want to see more.

I hate getting shut out, and I hate losing because of stupidity. Brewer cost us two goals pretty much. Not really leading by example there. Our D got burnt tonight by a man who's over 40, who skates like he's in peanut butter. Unacceptable.

Yzlamic Preacher*

You are only a fan. Stevie has said has a plan is not a one year this year plan.

So accept that we might struggle and he will continue to do nothing or don't accept it.

Is pretty simple equation. I saw very good things tonight. We still need hedman back badly. We primarily dominated the last two periods. The third goal was lucky bad goal whatever.

We were truly in it full time but is MARTY BRODEUR not some scrub who argue wise is greatest goalie EVER.

I liked kucherov's play on the boards tonight he just keeps getting better. As much as I love Palat on that top line I think maybe moving him down a line, moving purcell to third line and moving kucherov up with marty would be a big difference.

Our face off's are a joke and our power play is wow bad.

Didn't think I would say this but... I agree.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
I have to agree, teams develop 1 or 2 rookies at once on their teams, we're trying 8-10 while being in a playoff position. People aren't going to like parting ways with the prospects because of a growing attachment, but looked what happened with the Conacher situation, who was at the time, the most beloved lightning prospect.

Only untouchables right now should be Drouin, Kucherov and Gudas.

The problem is, none of the rookies that we would make available are doing much to inflate their value. At this point, I'd trade Killorn if we were to absolutely have to make a trade. He's had a pretty bad stretch. Problem is, other GMs aren't blind. They know how players on other teams perform. Connolly? Say goodbye to his value after his showing this year. Should've sold after training camp. Killorn? Sucks lately. Teddy? Same. Malone? Can't stay healthy, isn't much good when he is either. Who else? Aulie? Yeah right. Panik? Dream.

We won't get good value for our players. That's why we can't make a trade. They're all cold as hell right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad