Speculation: 12/13' Trades/Proposals: Trade market is officially open.(LEAFS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
could just be a maintenance day...

BUT he would be a solid addition

Maybe:

Bozak + Franson

For

Wilson + Conditional 3rd (if they resign)

Gotta think we'd jump on that, and they probably wouldnt. Wilson is primed to have a breakout season this year.

My guess is they'd want Gunnar as a start, then probably Bozak or a winger, depending on how comfortable they are with their C depth.

KlattNazty

Feb 3, 2011
Gotta think we'd jump on that, and they probably wouldnt. Wilson is primed to have a breakout season this year.

My guess is they'd want Gunnar as a start, then probably Bozak or a winger, depending on how comfortable they are with their C depth.

i think they would like to roll with the talented young D they have, but they could look for a wing upgrade. Maybe, MacArthur + ? IDK

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
You're funny.

No way he is asking for 6M in COL. Is he?

NO that is what buddy was willing to offer.

I think the rumour was he won't sign for 4 or wants 5 something. It is in this thread I just don't remember. Sorry.

And I agree, you need to hit 50 more than once to impress me. BUt COL was playing him as a #1 for parts last year. SO they ****ed themselves.

What he's asking for and what it'd take to pry him out of Colorado via offer-sheet are two different thing, hence the 6M dollar price tag I threw out there. By the way, Colorado was the 6th lowest scoring team in the league last season. Between Kessel and Lupul ROR would put up 60PTS EASILY

Where does Grabo go to get us a #1 center?

I would love to give up Grabo, Gardiner, +? to get OReilly and a #1C, but where is the #1C to get for Grabs, +?

Edit: Duh COL!@!

Oreilly + Duchene for Grabo + GArds + ?

So let me get this straight, you wouldn't offer 6M and the necessary compensation but you would trade Gardiner if it meant you could sign him for 5M?

leugangen

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto
i think they would like to roll with the talented young D they have, but they could look for a wing upgrade. Maybe, MacArthur + ? IDK

That would make sense for us. JVR should be in the top six.

Mac and Bozak are the pieces that don't fit moving forward. Them being involved in a deal for Wilson would be great.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
That would make sense for us. JVR should be in the top six.

Mac and Bozak are the pieces that don't fit moving forward. Them being involved in a deal for Wilson would be great.

i dont see nonis moving bozak even if it brings in wilson. i dont think wilson is enough of an upgrade over bozak to risk losing the chemistry between lupul-bozak-kessel.

i think moving forward bozak as our third line center would be a good thing. having center depth of grabs-bozak-mclemment would be pretty good imo.

mac is the odd man out though so hopefully there is something that can be packaged with him to get wilson cause i think he is real good.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way

Mac is a FA at years end, so there is no way they would take him as the main piece in a deal for Wilson.

I don't think he's being dealt to us. If the Schenn for Wilson rumor was true, then they'd be looking for a physical dman in return for him.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Mac is a FA at years end, so there is no way they would take him as the main piece in a deal for Wilson.

I don't think he's being dealt to us. If the Schenn for Wilson rumor was true, then they'd be looking for a physical dman in return for him.

I think the hoop-la over pending-FA status and its percieved detriment to player value is totally overblown. A top-6 winger is a top-6 winger, and unless his agent has expressly indicated he's testing the FA waters there's no reason to think they can't extend him.

Saying that, yes I agree I doubt the two teams can come together on a deal.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Because Nonis is showing he has no intention of caving. Enjoy the distraction Vancouver, as your window closes!

Is it a distraction? absolutely. Is it a bad thing having two top end goalies?, I don't think so.

If Cory gets hurt, imagine having a guy like luongo coming in, nice insurance policy.

Maybe Luongo gets moved at the deadline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad