Marlies Discussion: 12'/13' Marlies Part I|36-20-2-6|Prospects stepping up with the NHL back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriedEgg

Sep 26, 2009
Love seeing carrick on the board a few time now. Watched him a ton in Brampton. He's a heart and soul kind of kid with some skill. Long way to go, but If anyone can get there, it's him.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
So

Is there any chance that the Marlies get back Kostka, Hamilton and other prospects, who can they send back without waivers including Colborne. I would imagine that if Kostka or Hamilton are returned they will be scooped up by other teams for their AHL farm teams.

donkeyy0

May 31, 2011
Is there any chance that the Marlies get back Kostka, Hamilton and other prospects, who can they send back without waivers including Colborne. I would imagine that if Kostka or Hamilton are returned they will be scooped up by other teams for their AHL farm teams.

Fairly sure you can only make a waiver claim if you keep them on your nhl roster. Otherwise you have to put them back on waivers?

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
Fairly sure you can only make a waiver claim if you keep them on your nhl roster. Otherwise you have to put them back on waivers?

I think if they have two way contracts and you try to demote them they can be picked up by other teams and sent to the ahl, I could be wrong that's the way it used to be but with the new cba maybe things have changed. Didn't they lose Boyce on year because of that?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
If a team claims someone on waivers, it's usually because they plan on using said player in the NHL for at least a short period of time. It's pretty much an unwritten rule among GM's.

Technically though, NHL teams can claim any player on waivers in the goal of sending the player to the AHL. However, the team that claimed the said player would have to re-waive him in order to place him on their AHL team.

A player has to clear waivers before being able to be re-assigned to the AHL.

So Kostka and Hamilton will have to clear waivers in order to be placed in the AHL. If they get picked up, they will have to go back on waivers if the said teams wants them in the AHL. I don't think they will be back with the Marlies though.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
If a team claims someone on waivers, it's usually because they plan on using said player in the NHL for at least a short period of time. It's pretty much an unwritten rule among GM's.

Technically though, NHL teams can claim any player on waivers in the goal of sending the player to the AHL. However, the team that claimed the said player would have to re-waive him in order to place him on their AHL team.

A player has to clear waivers before being able to be re-assigned to the AHL.

So Kostka and Hamilton will have to clear waivers in order to be placed in the AHL. If they get picked up, they will have to go back on waivers if the said teams wants them in the AHL. I don't think they will be back with the Marlies though.

But if they were demonted and put on waivers why would the team that picks them up have to go through the process again if they've already been demoted to the ahl. wouldn't they be able to assign them to their farm team? Or if their not an nhl playoff team they can keep him on the roster and then demote them after their season is done.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
I bought two tickets to the Marlies/Barons game on April 16th but just found out I can't go.

Face value for the pair is $78 ($39 each). Willing to sell the pair for $40.

Good seats in the platinum section. Section 118, Row FF, Seats 14 & 15.

Any takers? Please PM me if interested.

Thanks!

http://www.marlies.ca/tickets/ticketpricing.asp

GoodNewfieBoy

We got a guy
Oct 17, 2007
Calgary
Do they broadcast the Ice Caps games in HD out there or what?

No dice. Quite amateur production tbh. Rooting for the ice caps but here's the marlies lines

Ross-ziggy-Connolly
Abbott-Mckegg-lasch
Damigo-acton- Scott
Devane-carrick-Ryan

Ranger-blacker
Reilly-holzer
Marshall-Komi

McIntyre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events