12'/13' Draft Thread: Offensive flash is a beauty but defensive presence rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Petan looks good going to the net in the first too.

Someone tell Monahan that the game started at 7.

Also, where's Lazar!?!?

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Bailey has had the puck more than any other player on Orr team. Erne scored on a Jones play/rush. A rebound goal does not mean you are dominating out there.

I didn't say dominate. He knew where to be to finish the play, buzzing around the net every shift, and almost came away with a two point period, had his linemate finished the chance.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
I'm pretty pleased with my Mooseheads! Great period by the trio, Nate shows off his speed. Uses it much more efficiently this season. Fucale is in beast mode in nets. He faced almost as many shots this period as he does per game with us lol. His Save Percentage isn't great but when you face 20-25 shots per game, its tough to have it high.

Jones also unreal.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Barry Melrose on NHLN talking about Erne and Rychel.

He coached Warren, and LOVES Kerby's game, and ability to make an impact on plays every shift, not just on the scoresheet.

I completely agree. Solid PF prospect

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
I'm pretty pleased with my Mooseheads! Great period by the trio, Nate shows off his speed. Uses it much more efficiently this season. Fucale is in beast mode in nets. He faced almost as many shots this period as he does per game with us lol. His Save Percentage isn't great but when you face 20-25 shots per game, its tough to have it high.

Jones also unreal.

Mooseheads are flyin' out there.

Quebec kids are showing out. I want to see more from Duclair (couple of smart, nifty plays in the 1st) and Mantha in the second?

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Duclair again... Solid vision.

I feel like the last peraon awake at the party, wasted, and talking to myself. Lol.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Seth Jones is a well spoken kid. Gotta love not hearing "uhhhhh" and "ya know.."

it probably helps to have a former NBA player as a dad. Not taking anything away from him. At the draft last year I felt Nate seemed nervous speaking but Jones was just so calm.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Steve Spott's defensive coaching there with Bailey not getting suxed into having 3 men low, Spott is a good defensive coach regardless of one you might think of him. His influence was written all over there.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Jones has been pretty non-existant in the 2nd, but it's nice to hear Lazar's name!

Too late, he already has made an impact on this game. He could be Casper the ghost the rest of the game, scouts, fans, and GM's just saw how he can dominate a game, and this is why he will be no worse than at least 1A this summer in the draft.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
No one has the potential like Seth Jones has on the ice, almost plays like a 4th fwd. Breaks up a play and he's instantaneously into the rush.

You can't value the impact a kid like this has on the game.

Mackinnon is a little quiet this period, surprised since this is his home rink and crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad