'12/'13 Around the League V - Ovechkin 30 goals - AGAIN!

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
Man, it really seems as if Toronto gave up on Tlusty too soon. Two goals including the game winner tonight for 21 in 45 games.

Doshy

Oct 7, 2007
Man, it really seems as if Toronto gave up on Tlusty too soon. Two goals including the game winner tonight for 21 in 45 games.

Where would you put him in our line up?

He's also playing with Staal and Semin isn't he? He's a good player and I agree we traded him for trash, and probably gave up too soon, but meh...not a big loss. Plus he had that bad image because of the picture the media found, so maybe because of that he was just too distracted to be any good. Every time he was given a chance he failed.

It's not quite the same thing.. or maybe it is, I don't know, but Kunitz's numbers dropped off a bit when Crosby got hurt. Playing with the best players helps. He was never in the position to play with the best guys on our team, cuz he wasn't very good in the NHL at that point of his career.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
Lets wait until he can do it over a few seasons. Looking at his stats for this year and last, I doubt he does it again.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

He's also playing with Staal and Semin isn't he? He's a good player and I agree we traded him for trash, and probably gave up too soon, but meh...not a big loss. Plus he had that bad image because of the picture the media found, so maybe because of that he was just too distracted to be any good. Every time he was given a chance he failed.

It's not quite the same thing.. or maybe it is, I don't know, but Kunitz's numbers dropped off a bit when Crosby got hurt. Playing with the best players helps. He was never in the position to play with the best guys on our team, cuz he wasn't very good in the NHL at that point of his career.

Ron Wilson sabotaged his career in Toronto, same way he scuttled Steen's career.

I'm pretty sure Tlusty could play on any of the top 3 Leafs' lines.

If you've watched him play, he's a good player. Good defensively, and can score.

Stalberg and Tlusty for Percy and Leivo ... time will tell.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Lets wait until he can do it over a few seasons. Looking at his stats for this year and last, I doubt he does it again.

We have to say the same thing about Kadri though don't we? Kadri was close to PPG in the AHL, Tlusty did have a PPG season in the AHL.

Not everyone knows what went on with Tlusty, playing a couple seasons ago with a shoulder injury that required off season surgery. After the surgery he came back with his best NHL season 2011-2012.

Obviously, if you are playing with a good center and good winger (a winger not good enough for Toronto fans), it helps in your production.

He isn't playing on the Cane's top line out of pity!

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
We have to say the same thing about Kadri though don't we? Kadri was close to PPG in the AHL, Tlusty did have a PPG season in the AHL.

Not everyone knows what went on with Tlusty, playing a couple seasons ago with a shoulder injury that required off season surgery. After the surgery he came back with his best NHL season 2011-2012.

Obviously, if you are playing with a good center and good winger (a winger not good enough for Toronto fans), it helps in your production.

He isn't playing on the Cane's top line out of pity!

Tlusty and Kadri are both shooting at unsustainable shooting percentages.

Difference between the two:

Kadri is a better playmaker that has scored a lot of goals this year and is 22 years old and has played with a lower quality of linemates.

Tlusty has played with Staal and Semin.

Weren't we always told that it's easier to score on bad teams?

See:

Clarke MacArthur
Erik Cole
David Desharnais
Grabovski
Kulemin

just from our division...that had career years on bad teams.

Kb21

Dec 27, 2011
Toronto
how about those CBJ, 3-1 ATM over the sharks. clearly officer bob was not the problem in philly.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
how about those CBJ, 3-1 ATM over the sharks. clearly officer bob was not the problem in philly.

Philly is riding on the coat tails of an aged and almost broken Timmonen. That defense is horribly brutal. Fully expect them to press hard for free agents like Gonchar/Regehr/Streit/Hainsey.

Also strongly suspect them to sign either Ryder or Horton.

Hope Buffalo beats down the Jets tomorrow.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
Ron Wilson sabotaged his career in Toronto, same way he scuttled Steen's career.

I'm pretty sure Tlusty could play on any of the top 3 Leafs' lines.

If you've watched him play, he's a good player. Good defensively, and can score.

Stalberg and Tlusty for Percy and Leivo ... time will tell.

I agree. Tlusty had good pedigree and the Leafs were just not patient enough. They really had nothing to lose letting him develop further in the AHL instead of trading him a quarter of the way through a season.

You don't think Tlusty would look a hell of a lot better than MacArthur right now? He's not playing on the Cane's first line because he sucks, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad