'12/'13 Around the League IV - Gaborik to CLB; Pomminville to MIN; other trades!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Give me a break, those stats are useles.

We go on a 3 game losing skid and that "percentage" decrease to half of what it is now.

We need only 8-10 points to make it and have 12 games. I like our chances, but we are not a lock

Terrence

Aug 3, 2010
I know this isn't NHL Around the League, but the 7th seeded Seattle Thunderbirds took a 3-0 series lead against the 2nd seeded Kelowna Rockets. Kelowna brought it back to game 7 which is going on right now. Kelowna takes a 2-1 lead with around 6 minutes to go in the 3rd and Seattle ties the game with 7 seconds left to send it to overtime. Unbelievable game.

Edit: And Kelowna completes the comeback. Tyson Baillie with all 3 Kelowna goals in Game 7. 7 goals in the series for Kelowna too.

Last edited:

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Hall with 5 points, brings him to 41 in 33 games

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=57718451&postcount=697

tumblr_md03yre8Lx1qb3a9p.gif

Badger Mayhew*

We go on a 3 game losing skid and that "percentage" decrease to half of what it is now.

People seem to forget when we were at 95+% last year.
We ended up 5th overall ...... In the drafting order

We were never at 95+% last year. Not once.

It's also ignorant to say those stats are useless when the real important piece of information is the record chart. It tells you what records will guarantee playoffs, and which records will leave playoffs up to the performance of other teams. For example, going 5-4-3 guarantees playoffs, while going 3-7-2 gives us a 85.5% chance of making it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lansdown

Feb 1, 2007
Toronto
It's at 96.6% unweighted right now. That means in 96.6% of outcomes not taking into account the Leafs' record so far, we make the playoffs.

It's 99% if you assume the Leafs have higher odds of winning (or losing) to various teams given their performance to this point.

Statistically, that is a lock. You'd have to be a pretty big pessimist to think that the Leafs have not only been over-performing, but that their ability is not even adequately represented by the unweighted, 50-50 method, and that the odds are below 96.6%.

LloydChristmas*

It's at 96.6% unweighted right now. That means in 96.6% of outcomes not taking into account the Leafs' record so far, we make the playoffs.

It's 99% if you assume the Leafs have higher odds of winning (or losing) to various teams given their performance to this point.

Statistically, that is a lock. You'd have to be a pretty big pessimist to think that the Leafs have not only been over-performing, but that their ability is not even adequately represented by the unweighted, 50-50 method, and that the odds are below 96.6%.

Actually, statistically, that is precisely NOT a lock. A lock implies you have something (ie. a playoff spot) spot "locked" down.

Penalty Kill Icing*

People seem to forget when we were at 95+% last year.
We ended up 5th overall ...... In the drafting order

I don't t hink we were ever at 95% last year.

But yea, we are definitely making the playoffs. :yo:

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
Man....NYR and Jackets have exchanged so many players. This would be interesting to see who won the exchange in the long term.

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
ive got a bad feeling about gaborik in columbus
theyve gone full cycle now replacing nash with gaborik
albeit they got deeper from the nash deal)

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
ive got a bad feeling about gaborik in columbus
theyve gone full cycle now replacing nash with gaborik
albeit they got deeper from the nash deal)

Gaborik, Anisimov, Dubinsky, and Erixon have a lot more experience and success making a playoff run than Nash, Brassard, Moore, and Dorsett have in fairness

SpeakerForTheDead

Aug 2, 2005
Brampton/Chicago
Is there a way to post like a huge banner for our posters to stop making Kadri polls/threads on the main boards?
Honestly I feel like a lot of the main board "Leaf fans" are just disguised trolls. How come I never see most of those posters actually post on the Leafs board? There's so many of them that only show up in Leaf threads on the main boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad