GDT: 12/12/23 - 10:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Vancouver

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
This team has aged and the cap has crippled the depth of the roster. JBB was as a GM trying to push a team over the top, he might not be a GM capable of re-tooling a roster that isn't otherwise readymade, and we're seeing the effects of that now that we're no longer a top-5 team in the league.
My guess is he's trying to figure out which direction to head with them too. If there's a franchise that isn't afraid to lose fan favorites, it's us. It'll be interesting to see how the contract negotiation plays out with Stamkos. I think a lot will hinge on that.

Stelio Kontos

Nov 6, 2011
Not hard too see what players play well together what the f*** was up with those lines.

- Point Kuch
Cirelli Hagel
Eyssimont jeannot
Glendenning motte.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
Losing Killorn really hurt this team. A 20-30 goal guy that possessed the puck and won board battles hasn't been replaced. Instead you've got 91 twirling like a top out there on a 3 second delay who never seems to win one, attached to Cirelli. Those two have 0 chemistry offensively. Zero. The 2nd line is essentially best player available and Cooper just beats it to a pulp.

We need way more to contend than we can afford. I think the writing is on the wall unless the next 15ish games turn around. I'd rather move Glendening, Sheary, CDH, Perbix, Watson, etc and get late picks or someone for the AHL and bring up some guys to see what we have before all is lost. I think the team can rebound next year with changes but the current group just isn't cohesive or consistent. Its just not a team effort out there. They look so out of sync and disjointed defensively.

Not hard too see what players play well together what the f*** was up with those lines.

- Point Kuch
Cirelli Hagel
Eyssimont jeannot
Glendenning motte.
It's no surprise, those are the best skating forwards bar Jeannot as Stamkos is better but ineffective as shit on the forecheck. He's killing both top lines. The 1st turns into the globetrotters with him and the 2nd has no chemistry.

Reactions: Renopucker

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Vasi's numbers are horrible, blame the defense all you want but we're running 4 league minimum players on the backend while having the 2nd highest paid goalie in the league, his return was supposed to give this team a push but he's played marginally better than our league minimum backup.

88Andrei Vasilevskiy8459212.74430011780.894
31Jonas Johansson211157673.47865025460.891

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Only thing I can say is Vasi has shown flashes at least. Obviously consistency is one of the things that suffers with rust. But yeah, he hasn't been good enough yet outside the shutout, which should've been two in a row if not for that stupid puckhandling gaffe.

Ducati Boy

HF Original
Feb 7, 2018
This script had played out a lot this season- not scoring on our chances, a few defensive mistakes end up in our net, the other goalie is better. If it happened just once or twice, it’s not an issue. But it’s starting to become an issue.

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno
All I could watch was the "highlights" (a misnomer?) and on the third goal Perbix looked like a puck matador. "oh, here it comes, let me get outta the way and let my tender handle it".. Oops. All I can say is WTF and are you f'ing kidding me?

I've been watching this game a LONG time and I can't remember seeing a D man doing anything like that. Hey Nick, here's the home program and a ticket to balmy Syracuse.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
we just don’t play to vasy’s strengths and never have. man can’t stop a point shot to save his life so don’t give them that shit. just give them breakaways or something

• Haha
Reactions: aylib

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
All I could watch was the "highlights" (a misnomer?) and on the third goal Perbix looked like a puck matador. "oh, here it comes, let me get outta the way and let my tender handle it".. Oops. All I can say is WTF and are you f'ing kidding me?

I've been watching this game a LONG time and I can't remember seeing a D man doing anything like that. Hey Nick, here's the home program and a ticket to balmy Syracuse.
Fleury turned into a flamingo and they gripped each post and let Hughes do his thing. That was so amateur hour by both of them.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Nothing like waking up after a nightmare game and realizing that it was a good game to sleep through. What a turrible game. The good news is we get a red hot Edmonton team to bounce back against.

Reactions: ultra63

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
They need to find some consistency soon, sure lot to left to play for, but if we let the teams above us get too far away, then it might be too difficult to catch up. I hope they are aware of this urgency.

I still have hopes we can make it, but won't be easy.

Reactions: Peacefool

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
I realize I could just look back at the thread from when he signed that contract to see for myself, but I can't imagine anybody thought that contract was a good idea at the time. Serg had done nothing to prove he was that level of player, it was a total leap of faith for somebody who had 6 seasons worth of NHL game play under him by then...we know the learning curve of Dmen and that it can take a while, but there's "a while" and six whole seasons worth of games...Serg makes more than McDonagh ever made and that's something considering Serg has never been 1/2 the player McDonagh was.
RMD makes 8.5 million in actual cash this year, roughly the same as Sergachev. The rest of this is nonsense, never been half the player my ass. 64 in 79 games as a defender while we spent, oh I don't know, half a decade complaining about missing puck movers after screwing over and running out Dan Boyle.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
RMD makes 8.5 million in actual cash this year, roughly the same as Sergachev. The rest of this is nonsense, never been half the player my ass. 64 in 79 games as a defender while we spent, oh I don't know, half a decade complaining about missing puck movers after screwing over and running out Dan Boyle.

Yeah kinda ended when that Hedman guy broke out, you mighta missed it. Now we got 2 guys who can move the puck and play no defense.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
I'm telling ya'll, quit f***in around and run these lines!

Hagel-Point-Kuch
Paul-Stamkos-Ace
Jeannot-Cirelli-Chaffee
Motte-Glendenning-ABB

*Hedman-Sergachev
De Haan-Cernak
Fleury-Perbix

*Hopefully it is the flu

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Stamkos can't carry a line he's deadweight unless you have someone spoon feeding him, him and Paul are garbage together this year, 2 lazy bums. Our best lines right now are:

Stamkos-Point-Kucherov
Hagel-Cirelli-ABB
Jeannot-Paul-Eyssimont
Motte-Glendening-whoever

Hagel takes the new "Stamkos" spot where you slot him in the top line whenever it's opportune but he makes things go so you need him on a separate line than Kucherov for the most part.

Reactions: Hoek

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Fair or not, when your window is still now and you have no room to move or acquire meaningful personnel, it's the coach that has to go.

The chances of such a move changing this season's fortunes are getting slimmer by the moment and they were probably slim to begin with but it's time for a new face, a new voice and new approach. JBB has to at least try.

Reactions: ultra63

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
Stamkos can't carry a line he's deadweight unless you have someone spoon feeding him, him and Paul are garbage together this year, 2 lazy bums. Our best lines right now are:

Stamkos-Point-Kucherov
Hagel-Cirelli-ABB
Jeannot-Paul-Eyssimont
Motte-Glendening-whoever

Hagel takes the new "Stamkos" spot where you slot him in the top line whenever it's opportune but he makes things go so you need him on a separate line than Kucherov for the most part.
Bullshit

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Fair or not, when your window is still now and you have no room to move or acquire meaningful personnel, it's the coach that has to go.

The chances of such a move changing this season's fortunes are getting slimmer by the moment and they were probably slim to begin with but it's time for a new face, a new voice and new approach. JBB has to at least try.
Or the flipside of the coin, if your goal is to give up this year and rebuild with youth, don't you hang on to Cooper? A big part of his resume is built on that ability.

And yeah I give up on Stamkos and Paul after campaigning for it earlier. The magic is gone already.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
Stamkos and Paul are -15 and -16 respectively you want them on a line together why? Easily the worst duo defensively on the team.

That's like saying Sergachev and Raddysh need to stay a pairing.
Coop's incessant need to keep rolling Cirelli on the second line negates Paul's opportunity of climbing out of the ditch he's in by pulling third line duties. Tony needs to center the third line and BDN needs to be the second line LW. Period. That's it.

And if you get Stamkos off that Goddamn wall and play him at center (thus putting players on either his wings that are far better defensively), he'd go back to playing to his strengths.

I've seen enough of Stamkos on the wing, for like, 2 seasons now. Ace on the wing makes me comfortable. So does Paul. ABB doesn't make me comfortable anywhere but being in Syracuse but seeing how he's here to stay, 4th line RW with Glendenning and Motte works for me.

If Sheary can figure his shit out maybe he should slot in the 3rd line RW role and likely benefit having Tony as his center.

I liked what I saw from Chaffee last night. Extremely small sample size but given the garbage passing thru my eyeballs the last 2 months, I'll get geeked up seeing that kid repeatedly parking his ass right on top of the crease and looked pretty good doing it.

We used to have guys that did that. Not anymore. Likely because they're mishmashed on line combos that clearly haven't produced total on-ice results.

Time for a change

Last edited:

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Or the flipside of the coin, if your goal is to give up this year and rebuild with youth, don't you hang on to Cooper? A big part of his resume is built on that ability.

And yeah I give up on Stamkos and Paul after campaigning for it earlier. The magic is gone already.
I agree that his development resume is almost legendary but that was a lot of years ago and many successes at the very highest level ago. I'm not sure Coop is the same coach now that he was when he first came into the league. Nonetheless, I get your point and if that is where we are headed and he would still be up for that kind of challenge, I guess I can see it. I just hate to see this core going out so seemingly meekly when, on paper anyway, we should still be competitive.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
Coop's incessant need to keep rolling Cirelli on the second like negates Paul's opportunity of climbing out of the ditch he's in by pulling third line duties. Tony needs to center the third line and BDN needs to be the second line LW. Period. That's it.

And if you get Stamkos off that Goddamn wall and play him at center (thus putting players on either his wings that are far better defensively), he'd go back to playing to his strengths.

I've seen enough of Stamkos on the wing, for like, 2 seasons now. Ace on the wing makes me comfortable. So does Paul. ABB doesn't make me comfortable anywhere but being in Syracuse but seeing how he's here to stay, 4th line RW with Glendenning and Motte works for me.

If Sheary can figure his shit out maybe he should slot in the 3rd line RW role and likely benefit having Tony as his center.

I liked what I saw from Chaffee last night. Extremely small sample size but given the garbage passing thru my eyeballs the last 2 months, I'll get geeked up seeing that kid repeatedly parking his ass right on top of the crease and looked pretty good doing it.

We used to have guys that did that. Not anymore. Likely because they're mishmashed on line combos that clearly haven't produced total on-ice results.

Time for a change
I approve this message.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

The magic was Killorn :sarcasm:

Reactions: Hoek

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad