GDT: 12/12/13 - 7:30PM EDT - Detroit VS Tampa Bay

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
Happy we won, don't get me wrong... BUT this should not serve to mask our need to shake up the roster a little bit. Ideally speaking, a trade where we can dump one of Connolly or Panik for a vet F or D.

As usual, I agree with you. As much as Panik irritates me sometimes, I'd prefer moving Connolly. I think a change of scenery would do him a world of good.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Great bounce back game from Bishop. The one goal he allowed was pretty iffy but he was solid the rest of the night.

Also did anyone else notice that Marty took the exact sime line in the shootout that he had taken when he missed on the breakaway. Guess he wantd to show what he had meant to do.

Last edited:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Happy we won, don't get me wrong... BUT this should not serve to mask our need to shake up the roster a little bit. Ideally speaking, a trade where we can dump one of Connolly or Panik for a vet F or D.

Where are they gonna play? When Hedman comes back the only spot open on D is the #6 which Sustr is doing a good job filling. Malone should be back soon and is a capable forward for any line. We just need our vets (Purcell and Filppula) to step up.

If we move Connolly or Panik I don't want it to be for a vet rental. I would prefer a similar aged player.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Great bounce back game from Bishop. The one goal he allowed was pretty iffy but he was solid the rest of the night.

Also did anyone else notice that Marty took the exact sime line in the shootout that he had taken when he missed on the breakaway. Guess he wantd to show what he had meant to do.

He said in his post game that that was exactly what he meant to do.

Matt have you heard of sticks of thunder? You would fit right in with us. What size bandana can I get you?

:laugh:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
You're gonna find disagreement on that point.

From fans sure but Cooper has played him on all 4 lines with no problem. Is he a better fit for the bottom 6 now, yes but I'd rather play him top 6 then trading good assets for a rental to play there.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
I will say this if before the season started you would have told me that we would be 18-10-3 after the first 31 games I would have been ecstatic. Well I am ecstatic!!! Especially in this new division. We will keep it going. Tough road trip coming with back to backs give us 3 points please!

I think this is what I've got to keep saying as well. We are vastly out performing what we should be doing this year. I said we would have a top 5 pick in the draft, and look like it all year with the amount of kids on our bench. Even though we arent playing great without Stamkos, we still are playing pretty well.

walle

Sep 9, 2008
Northpole
i couldnt remember past shootouts but Bishop was brutal in WSH game positionally. Now he was back to normal. What the **** happened there. Thank god i can put my mind to rest about that, it really bothered me.

Some stupid penalties but pretty good game regardless. Filppula, Purcell, Killorn calling you out.

Bolts265

Nov 9, 2011
Zephyrhills, FL
You do know that some of the best hitters in baseball have had days when they went 0 for 5 and even some great quarterbacks throw 3 interceptions in a game sometimes right!

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
i couldnt remember past shootouts but Bishop was brutal in WSH game positionally. Now he was back to normal. What the **** happened there. Thank god i can put my mind to rest about that, it really bothered me.

Some stupid penalties but pretty good game regardless. Filppula, Purcell, Killorn calling you out.

I want everyone to UNDERSTAND why I put the loss 100% on bishop in washington.

Stats dont lie in shootouts this year bishop is 100% STOPS besides whatever happened in washington. Or at least that is what I thought he was he had let in ZERO.

He plays last night 6 shots no goals thats the bish we love:) Always stopping that first shot. By his tone interview how he spoke etc.. I say he put himself on the loss also after the wash game.

Good to see was an illusion and good to see how well he bounced back. Think he gave up 3 goals in washington shootout yes it happens but that is what he is best at one on ones two on ones? He might be best goalie in league right now.

So when said it was all on bishop? I really feel that yep panik made a mistake but honestly bishop usually lets in 2 that game not 5 lol. Maybe luck is involved maybe he is just seeing puck better. Last night he gloved 3 of 6 shoot out shots lol.

He was soooo bad in washington lol. This was why wasnt really worried as everyone was ready to say wooooo is me etc.. whole fan base games like that will happen even the best in game have those off nights and my goodness he was awful people for him. Not giving him crap just stating facts.

We are fine lindback is playing pretty dammed well too I feel fine worried on one thing the power play really needs to be fixed quickly.

The rest? We are learning and playing pretty dammed well hockey.

Everyone all over ovie losing killorn? We are talking the best or second or third best sniper in world. And a kid who has what less than 100 games? Who can stick stamkos lol.

I am worried on new jersey we seem to play to level of competition this is the second problem we need to solve. We need to blow out inferior opponents and hopefully in time we start doing that.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Killorn played fine. The points will come soon if he keeps it up.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I do love that the Detroit boards are whining about their injuries as to why they're losing, while we're short Stamkos and Hedman (plus others).

Guys... never whine about injuries please as to the reason we lose a game. It reflects really horribly on the fanbase. Not saying you guys do, but just reading other team's threads where they do it makes them seem like little *****es. Who would have thought in a sport like hockey players would get injured?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Guys I can't wait to review your applications, sticks of thunder is always looking for new members so tell all your friends. I've just placed a large order for bandanas so should have enough for everyone we accept. I'm super excited cause this is gonna be the biggest season in sticks of thunder history.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad