Prospect Info: #118 Case McCarthy D

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
I remember seeing it posted somewhere on this forum someone who is a BU season ticket holder said McCarthy is terrible and the team is better with out him in the lineup. This was like a screenshot from twitter. Either way I want to know the real breakdown on how good this kid is and will be.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I remember seeing it posted somewhere on this forum someone who is a BU season ticket holder said McCarthy is terrible and the team is better with out him in the lineup. This was like a screenshot from twitter. Either way I want to know the real breakdown on how good this kid is and will be.

I can tell you from experience that not everyone who posts on Twitter is smart.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I love everything about his game. He's not going to be a super star but he's going to have a very long pro career.

McCarthy has been terrific this year at BU. He's a strong defensive presence who plays an efficient game with the puck and adds an element of physicality. I think he needs one more year in the NCAA.

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
Case plays about 25 minutes a game. He missed six games with injury. He got beat a couple of times tonight. Once his D partner, Vlasic, bailed him out and then the G Duplessis saved him on the other one. He was solid the rest of the game although I think he was behind the play on the third goal against on the PK.

If he plays his senior year people are going to start worrying about him going UFA to...let's say Anaheim.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad