GDT: #11| New York Islanders @ San Jose Sharks | November 1st 10:30 PM | F/L 3-1

camper*

Ist line once again played 23-24 min toi...you lose...near every loss the past few seasons this was also the common denom.:nod:

There have been breakdowns also...Cappys right...the inability to get the puck deep cost 2 goals....2nd and third...lee not getting it deep getting everyone caught...only one made a good attempt was Martin getting back....only to have both d-men go behind the net, leaving it wide open.......out front....

We beat this horse too many times Pointy...its a case of what comes around?.....don't expect any real change till the toi thing is fixed...it drains a team for sure:nod:

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
I also did not make it for the third period fell asleep on the couch. Woke up at about 330 and saw they lost. So the slide begins. I really thought this year would be different but I'm seeing the same tendencies in this team as last season. If they don't win a game on this road trip Cappy has to be fired.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Where are all the Bailey haters now? I know he alone wouldn't turn this thing around but it would sure give us more options on line combos.

Nyifan12

Oct 1, 2011
Time to get on the phone with Bylsma or Crawford and ask them what kind of deal they are seeking.

The ship is sinking and fast.

:help::help::help:

IHateSidney

Oct 30, 2011
NY
I am SO tired of this organization doing this. We start of good, get our hopes up and then they crumble. Lets see if Cappy can beat his losing streak this year.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
Its SO frustrating. How Snow and Cappy still have jobs is beyond me.

Agreed, it really is. No more excuses. We have the talent to be a playoff team. If they're not-something's got to give. Better to do it before it's too late....but knowing this team we wont.

IHateSidney

Oct 30, 2011
NY
Agreed, it really is. No more excuses. We have the talent to be a playoff team. If they're not-something's got to give. Better to do it before it's too late....but knowing this team we wont.

What I don't understand either is why Wang didn't sell the team completely. He obviously doesn't care about it or Snow and Cappy would have been out on their ***** a long time ago...but it will be the same old season....we'll go on our November collapse and be out of the playoffs by December/January.

mabisles

Jun 7, 2006
Quebec
Martin's awful play is blatant: can't skate, can't score, can't do a decent pass, constantly loosing coverage and doesn't fight anymore. Boulton can't be worst, maybe it's time for Martin to go to BP for a little while.

IHateSidney

Oct 30, 2011
NY
Martin's awful play is blatant: can't skate, can't score, can't do a decent pass, constantly loosing coverage and doesn't fight anymore. Boulton can't be worst, maybe it's time for Martin to go to BP for a little while.

With the way this teams been playing everybody needs to go to BP. I'm done. I'm so done getting my hopes up with them every year. ****ing disappointment.

camper*

Just what the world needs...another hockey guru:laugh:

Isles1

Nov 8, 2010
Nassau County, L.I.
Although we played a little better defensively which kept it close for 2 periods, and Halak looked better, yet another dismal PP showing going 0-3, another goal allowed on the PK, most shots again from the perimeter, nobody going hard to the net, no front net presence, defensive breakdowns and mistakes that were costly, still showing signs of getting pinned in our own end for stretches while 5 on 5, and still having difficulties clearing the zone that leads to getting pinned and yet another goal against.

I have witnessed yet again three forwards going after the puck in the corners on several occasions, so even if we do win the puck, and try to cycle by passing it back behind the net, there is nobody there, nobody to pass to out front, and most times the puck squirts out to someone from the opposing team leading to an easy transition out.

So now the goal scoring has dried up, and we still gave up 3 goals in the end, although all were quality shots from SJ, and can't be blamed on Halak. It truly is the same old funk we have witnessed in the past few years, I just don't get it.

We are 4-2 against Eastern conf teams, and now 2-3 against Western conf teams. Our flaws appear to be chronic at the moment, and I hope they use these 3 days off to finally address, and work on them before our back to back games against Anaheim and LA on Wednesday and Thursday.

Our November nightmare seems to have started off as predicted, it needs to stop now.

Hipietro

Sep 3, 2006
Long Island
I'm really surprised with how poorly Tavares has been playing. These careless, no-look cross ice passes are killing us.

At least Halak looked better last night, can't put any of the goals on him.

I don't think this team will ever get to the next level with the coaching we have now. Imagine this team with a Babcock or Hitchcock type of guy. We need some more ***** behind the bench.

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY
Where are all the Bailey haters now? I know he alone wouldn't turn this thing around but it would sure give us more options on line combos.

I am still here.. Bailey SUCKS.. Lets stop pretending that his hot start was going to last. Once the leaves turn brown Josh Barely plays like a clown. I know he is injured but even if he was here we would still lose.

Last edited:

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
I'm really surprised with how poorly Tavares has been playing. These careless, no-look cross ice passes are killing us.

At least Halak looked better last night, can't put any of the goals on him.

I don't think this team will ever get to the next level with the coaching we have now. Imagine this team with a Babcock or Hitchcock type of guy. We need some more ***** behind the bench.

I've been saying that a change of scenery would help shake him out of this funk. Move Okposo to a strong line of Nelson and Lee. Big bodies who can cycle the puck easily and establish the zone for a long time. Put Tavares with Grabovski, who does a very good job of bringing the puck into the zone and without attracting the attention Tavares does (Tavares will actually open the ice up for him), and put Kulemin with him to help add a solid defensive flavor and who can turn a play smoothly.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
watching the game now.

1st GA, both Hickey and Boychuk behind the net. dumb. that was on Hickey, as Boychuk was there already. but, we again, have both wingers up high, above the hashmarks. wtf? on a pk, we are getting outnumbered in front of our net, 3-2. wake up Cappy!! :help:

2nd GA, nothing we could do. that was just an amazing deflection.

3rd GA, Strome is the 1st guy back and instead of picking up the 3rd Sharks F, he goes over to hit the puck carrier, who is covered by Vis. leaves the trailer open, and he scores. good for Strome to hustle back, but he made a poor decision. Martin almost got back to cover the goalscorer, but in no way was it Martin's fault.

we need more grit in front of our net. Martin has to come in and clear guys out, which is sad. Boychuk is nowhere as gritty as he was with the B's. amazing how having a few guys like Chara and Lucic can make other guys play braver.

PK has to be much better. loose box... ugh. we NEED 3 guys in front of our net, and for them to be tough.

we played one of the better teams in the league, and IMO, did not get embarrassed. they showed us that we still have a ways to go, before calling ourselves elite. we need more size on our backend, and better coaching.

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
watching the game now.

1st GA, both Hickey and Boychuk behind the net. dumb. that was on Hickey, as Boychuk was there already. but, we again, have both wingers up high, above the hashmarks. wtf? on a pk, we are getting outnumbered in front of our net, 3-2. wake up Cappy!! :help:

2nd GA, nothing we could do. that was just an amazing deflection.

3rd GA, Strome is the 1st guy back and instead of picking up the 3rd Sharks F, he goes over to hit the puck carrier, who is covered by Vis. leaves the trailer open, and he scores. good for Strome to hustle back, but he made a poor decision. Martin almost got back to cover the goalscorer, but in no way was it Martin's fault.

we need more grit in front of our net. Martin has to come in and clear guys out, which is sad. Boychuk is nowhere as gritty as he was with the B's. amazing how having a few guys like Chara and Lucic can make other guys play braver.

PK has to be much better. loose box... ugh. we NEED 3 guys in front of our net, and for them to be tough.

we played one of the better teams in the league, and IMO, did not get embarrassed. they showed us that we still have a ways to go, before calling ourselves elite. we need more size on our backend, and better coaching.

But got embarrassed by a struggling team in COL...

The Isles upgraded the team from a bona-dude lottery candidate to a rubberneck playoff contender. However, this team is relying on A LOT of raw talent every night (Nelson, Lee, Strome, DeHaan, etc.). The isles also added two 20 minute plus D-man a week before the season.

All I can say is the team will contend for a playoff spot, but it ain't guaranteed one by any means.

Last night, in person, the isles passing was horrendous, poor transition game with all their D-man in the lineup, and JT played poorly, so did Lee (the latest wonder boy for NYi fans).

Islanderfan17

Aug 24, 2010
I have always been a Martin fan but his days here have to be numbered at this point, he is pretty useless outside of hitting and fighting.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
He looked good, they generated more chances than they did in the past few games (the first line, that is). I think he will stick there.

Agreed, Cap said post game that he didn't think our lines were any better than they have been, "just okay". Says he "didn't see a huge difference when we shuffled them, so i'll have to rethink that". Oh boy, don't want to jump to conclusions but that does not sound good.

"Cory, your back on Johnnys wing"

Islanderfan17

Aug 24, 2010
He showed promise and looked good because the rest of the team was rather poor. Now, with a supposedly better team, he's being exposed. Too bad, he looked like a nice 3rd/4th line gem.

I was hoping he'd be able to develop his offensive game a bit more, but it hasn't happened. Anders Lee and Clutterbuck can essentially replace his role and what I hoped he'd become. Clutterbuck obviously lays a bunch of hits, plays better D and has more offense. Lee is kind of what I hoped Martin would become, someone who'd camp in front of the net and not be moved, creating chaos for the other team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad