Post-Game Talk: 11/9/17 | Canucks 1 @ Ducks 4

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Tanev being out is a crushing blow. Worse still is that it likely means more ice time for Gudbranson, who easily holds the mantle of "worst player" thus far this year, IMO. Would rather see Pouliot or Biega get extra ice time over him.

Depends on Edler's actual level of health.. if good to go... he'll easy take Tanev's mins.. His return should keep the trickle down minutes in check.

D should be enough to keep Anaheim's four 3rd lines in check... I hope.

And I think Boll is out as well...

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
iirc, Tanev was out in the dying seconds of the CGY game when it was 5-3, and took 2 hits in the corner to the left of Marky just as the buzzer sounded.

Hopefully that was not when he took/aggravated any upper body injury, but either way, why is Tanev out there at risk when the game is already sewn up? I thought that was Gudbranson's raison d'etre.

If you mean the crosschecks to the back by TKACHUK yeah that probably did it. Kid's a real beaut.

Reactions: JuniorNelson

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
If you mean the crosschecks to the back by TKACHUK yeah that probably did it. Kid's a real beaut.

Yes, Tkachuk. Not sure if Stone's blocked shot was a factor (see it in the game summary, don't remember watching it to see where it hit Tanev).

Best guess is Tanev was playing hurt, and the Tkachuk crosschecks were the last straw to shut him down. Would have been better if Tanev was not on for that 0-zone faceoff with 31 seconds left in a 2-goal lead game. But Guds is right side, so not sure who you put out there, probably Pouliot since you don't want to risk MDZ who is averaging crazy minutes and handling it well.

And I should have said to the right of Marky, left when facing Marky.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Keys..
Miller... he'll stop everything he sees nipple down...
Do we have enough skill and work ethic to get in front of him and pick some corners?

and.
Special teams of course...

Ducks will have a high energy lineup of guys wanting to step up and show they belong... Not expecting a fast skilled game from them, but they got speed in Rackell, Montour and Cogliano who always seems to pot pts vs us.

Our D should hold 5on5 despite no Tanev because of their injuries... but will it.
Need to show a much better effort than the last couple games. Hopefully Boeser is rested and ready to go... need that top line to open it up.

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
Yes, Tkachuk. Not sure if Stone's blocked shot was a factor (see it in the game summary, don't remember watching it to see where it hit Tanev).

Best guess is Tanev was playing hurt, and the Tkachuk crosschecks were the last straw to shut him down. Would have been better if Tanev was not on for that 0-zone faceoff with 31 seconds left in a 2-goal lead game. But Guds is right side, so not sure who you put out there, probably Pouliot since you don't want to risk MDZ who is averaging crazy minutes and handling it well.

And I should have said to the right of Marky, left when facing Marky.

Yeah I guess... maybe someone should have dismantled Tkachuk for cheap shotting a veteran after a 2 goal loss? Or at least shown a bit of dismay? Hopefully someone on some other team will . But I digress ...on to the Ducks!

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Ana.. shots allowed ( most recent first)..

43, 45, 30, 29, 37, 32, 22 (but 8 GA), 33, 51, 31, 39, 41, 29, 37, 30...

seems.. high..

Miller Time.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
shut down Rakell and Silfverberg

what r they gona do let Perry Wagner or Derek Grant to score on us? pffft

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Ok then try this:

Bae Bo Boe (BBB)
Virtanen Henrick Vanek (The VHV line)
D.Sedin Gagner Burmur (The Suck Line)
Granny Sutter Dorset (Checking Energy Line)

Hutton Pouliot
De Zotto Biega
Edler Gudbranson

Demko
Marky

TruKnyte

Give me the meds now
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
With Tanev out we can at least get a better read of Green's coaching. Willie D was getting good reviews as well his first year until injuries and adversity hit. I want to see how Green handles challenges before saying he's a big upgrade.

Reactions: Dr Always Right

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
I'm sure the Tank crowd will graciously thank you for the guaranteed loss.
Very possible. I feel like i've gotten almost every game wrong so far. Equally happy to win/lose tbh. Just been enjoying the decent hockey we've been playing. Ana games often get weird, hoping tonight's no exception.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
With Tanev out we can at least get a better read of Green's coaching. Willie D was getting good reviews as well his first year until injuries and adversity hit. I want to see how Green handles challenges before saying he's a big upgrade.
except green has already been handling injuries all year, including losing our 2nd best d-man for a month.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Interesting pairings on the blue line, he definitely didn't want pouliot/Gud back together

But this should give us a good read on pouliot since he can't really shelter this pairing, well he can but that forces him to overplay Gud

Last edited:

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
This is a tough spot in the schedule to lose Tanev. Any change can shift the chemistry.

I wonder if Edler can seamlessly rejoin the team? He can't really take any time to get up to speed. It's asking a lot of him. I'll be curious to see how many minutes he totals tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad