Post-Game Talk: 11/9/17 | Canucks 1 @ Ducks 4

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Is Demko still up with the Canucks? Markstrom is coming off a terrific game, but Demko is from SoCal so Anaheim would be a cool place for him to get his first start. Could probably have a lot of friends/family at the game.

Green will not give Demko a start. Just isn't how he works.

... and Tanev is out. Things are gonna get ugly fast for this team.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Sucks about Tanev. Biggest loss this team could suffer.

Hopefully the boys are able to step up and rally without him.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
This has to be seen as a must win if were to make a run for the playoffs. Calling a 2-1 victory with heart and soul goals from Horvat and Virtanen

Almost as pre-mature as the Fire Green thread. But yeah, a big 4 point game.

My main focus tonight isn't necessarily the W but how we stack up against them. We play a lot contenders this month.

Alan Jackson

Nov 3, 2005
Langley, BC
Green will not give Demko a start. Just isn't how he works.

... and Tanev is out. Things are gonna get ugly fast for this team.

Yeah, they might be able to muddle through the California trip without him, but if he's out any longer than that...yikes.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Tanev out for the rest of the road trip. Yeesh...

iirc, Tanev was out in the dying seconds of the CGY game when it was 5-3, and took 2 hits in the corner to the left <edit: should say when facing Marky> of Marky just as the buzzer sounded.

Hopefully that was not when he took/aggravated any upper body injury, but either way, why is Tanev out there at risk when the game is already sewn up? I thought that was Gudbranson's raison d'etre.

Last edited:

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Is Nilsson a Daddy yet?

I'm a little surprised how long they've let him flee the coop already. Hopefully everything is fine and there hasn't been any complications. Other than that... Have a C-section already!

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Good luck tonight. Ducks are without Getzlaf, Kesler, Eaves, and Fowler for awhile. Kase, who has been one of our best forwards this season, went on IR after last game along with Boll. Gibson might be out since we recalled Berra. I will warn you that we are not a very exciting team to watch (unless we are playing LA).

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yeah, the kid was delivered. Think it's his third child, in fact
Good for his family. Guess after the game, Demko will be returned to Utica. He needs to get back in the net.

Expect markstrom to play an and sj. Think Nilsson gets the net in LA. Gives him a couple of practices to get back into the groove.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Any complications at all and I doubt Nilsson wants to be anywhere other than with his family.

As a new dad I learned a lot about that whole process.

The games aren't super important right now and we do have two very capable goalies with the team at this time.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006

This is hilarious!!

Always love me some Bieksa on the mic...

Great....

Per Coach Green, Chris Tanev has returned to Vancouver. “He’s got an upper-body injury that will keep him out at least the rest of this road trip.”
Edler will play vs. Ducks.

I'm going to blindly assume this as the explanation for his puck handling the last few games....

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
With Taney out, it's time for others to step up. Edler is back and the Canucks strength has been their team game so I think this game is very winnable. 3-2 for the good guys.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Tanev being out is a crushing blow. Worse still is that it likely means more ice time for Gudbranson, who easily holds the mantle of "worst player" thus far this year, IMO. Would rather see Pouliot or Biega get extra ice time over him.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Tanev being out is a crushing blow. Worse still is that it likely means more ice time for Gudbranson, who easily holds the mantle of "worst player" thus far this year, IMO. Would rather see Pouliot or Biega get extra ice time over him.

No bigger Biega fan than me, but I think Biega needs to be rested every third game. Being a smaller guy who goes all-out all the time, I think his game drops off with fatigue.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
might be a coincidence, but it seems like tanev came out the moment edler was ready. so probably a nagging injury.

should be an interesting night with edler drawing in and somebody playing their off side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad