Post-Game Talk: 11/26/16 | Canucks 3 @ Avalanche 2

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
The Canucks need a couple of skilled draft players a 1LW and a 1C. The Sedins are slow, aren't versatile enough and hard on the forecheck. Also they pass too much and take too much time.

I am glad that they will be serving their last season is it next year? Hopefully Virtanen picks it up in Utica and starts scoring. Also I Hope we can get a good player that has 1C potential in the draft and can step in.

earl grey

all the best posts
Apr 21, 2013
very little to cheer for, so cheer the mediocre player with no finish. story of a canuck

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
The Canucks need a couple of skilled draft players a 1LW and a 1C. The Sedins are slow, aren't versatile enough and hard on the forecheck. Also they pass too much and take too much time.

I am glad that they will be serving their last season is it next year? Hopefully Virtanen picks it up in Utica and starts scoring. Also I Hope we can get a good player that has 1C potential in the draft and can step in.

Right? I hope one day we'll have the opportunity to get a young talent like Nylander.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
rXtiFyX.png

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Maybe should have won three on the road trip. Willie has gotta be sleeping sounder. Nice that the young guys + Burrows are leading the way.

Good

Stecher - hard not to get excited by this player. Stand out in this game

Burrows - vintage stuff. Don't know that he has ever skated better than this. For years underpaid and now everyone thinking he is overpaid needs to reconsider.

Markstrom -wish he wasn't so helter skelter at times but huge performance tonight. Sometimes wants to do too much but great competitor.

Horvat - is he better than MacKinnon??? Was tonight.

Tryamkin - rarely taking a step wrong. Does a lot things well including seeing the play. Puck movement from his end is better than Gudbranson. If this how Tree plays out of shape can't wait to see him when he is.

Sbisa - got to give a shout out to Sbisa. Saw him grimacing at times and I think his ribs must have been hurting. Gutted it out like much of the team.

Tough nights

Hutton - everything too slow. Bad turnover and poor recovery on the first goal and very passive coverage on the second. If he moves his man out from the front of the net, Markstrom has some chance to track the puck. As I saw he didn't even try. Have to let Hutton just play through this and you'll probably get some benefits later in the season. He is a better player than this.

Other

Bottom half of the line up is getting less and less time. AHL players (perhaps with the exception of Chaput) are just non- factors. Megna did little and not in the play much. Skille had a couple of good shifts. Gaunce and LaBate barely played.

Give credit to LaBate for standing in with a legit tough guy in McLeod. LaBate has gone from being a fairly poor fighter to not too bad. Is how he will probably have to make it. Player that can bang around and will drop the gloves.

With Edler out (seems to be getting more and more brittle) I guess we see Larsen (not sure how that works out) although you wonder how close Tanev is. Might be they would consider offering Robak a contract and giving him a look. Looks like per usual the Canucks are going to start running through defensemen. If so might be able to recall Joulevi

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
feels good to have great shootout scorers

thanks Jim Benning you da best

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Wow!...Gudbranson up to 25 minutes in this game......looks like Willie will finally have to break up that pairing with Hutton.....can't decide which guy is dragging which guy down....Gudbranson looking like a slightly more mobile version of Andrew Alberts to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad