Post-Game Talk: 11/23/16 | Canucks 4 @ Coyotes 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Quarter-pole mark, m8s

This makes me sad. Never have I been so bored of a sports team I religiously follow before and we are only 1/4 way through. The only shred of excitement is the fear of another possible bad trade.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
If you're curious, the halfway point is January 6th against Calgary, and the three-quarter mark is February 19th against Philadelphia (after which there's a six-day break)

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
And then probably another 2-3 more years of this.... and then we'll get a new GM and the rebuild will start. So realistically 5 years before we are competitive again.

post content to username ratio is off the charts

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
U.S. Thanksgiving is on Thursday......Stats confirm that 78 percent of the time the teams in a playoff position finish the season there...which means only 22 percent of the time a team rises up from the depths to make the playoffs....give it another month and the Canucks will officially be a 'dead team walking'....then it's up to Benning and Linden...At that point, the instructions from the owner should be something to the effect: "Do something about rebuilding this team, or we'll do something about you".

J Canuck

Mar 19, 2013
the couch
In for Megna? That's the only swap I can think of unless another forward got injured and I didn't hear about it.

He's replacing Dorsett, but I don't recall how they shuffled the lineup on Saturday, except that Chaput was our 2C. Saw somewhere that Labate can play C or LW/RW, Larsen got put on IR yesterday, so put him in goal :sarcasm: /s sarcasm

IOW, has anyone seen the lineup projections?

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
And then probably another 2-3 more years of this.... and then we'll get a new GM and the rebuild will start. So realistically 5 years before we are competitive again.

I think 5 years is pretty optimistic. At this rate we have another 2-3 of bottom out and refusing to sell. Then 4-5 years at the bottom with no additional picks or assets from not selling the past 2-3 years. Then in 6-8 years we slowly start crawling up the standings. Next playoff series win in 2026 is my guess.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
The game everyone has circled on their calendars

Hello again Canucks people. Are you excited for the boring bowl pt. 2 now with more boredom? I know I am. I'm sure the Coyotes will do their part to make this match up live up to the expectations set by the last game :laugh:

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
i predict no one will care about the game

then suddenly it gets chippy and we all stop caring about the playoffs and rebuilds and management for a moment and enjoy the young team we havnt had since 2008

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
So instead of being in the lineup for Utica in tonight's game against Syracuse, they fly Labate across the continent to sit in the press-box in Phoenix...when they could simply have let me play and then fly him to Dallas in time for Friday's game. This braintrust even screws up their call-ups.:shakehead

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
So instead of being in the lineup for Utica in tonight's game against Syracuse, they fly Labate across the continent to sit in the press-box in Phoenix...when they could simply have let me play and then fly him to Dallas in time for Friday's game. This braintrust even screws up their call-ups.:shakehead

I don't buy this. You need players in the press box in case something happens and you can't recall a replacement in time. It's better than having Biega or Pedan play up front. There's a reason teams carry 23 players on their roster and not 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad