GDT: 11/21/15 "StRanger Danger" - Rags VS Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Great great building block...

Also, still wondering if I saw the same game as some of you...

People are really blaming the Zuccarello goal on Ekblad or on turnovers ?

If I recall correctly, Campbell was making a great great play in the offensive-zone, with the hard saucer passer to a breaking player in the middle and it is Stepan who came out of nowhere to bat the puck down to his feet, and let him throw a bomb to a breaking Zucc... Hardly a bad goal, or a goal you can blame on the team...

Luongo wasn't that sharp tonight, and the refs didn't help us one bit !

But no excuses, it was a great effort and something I'm glad to watch on my TV... Not the less of the last month pleaaaaaaase !

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
They played very well for the most part. Had a lot of prime chances, but couldn't finish. About a five minute stretch full of turnovers and sloppy play in the third doomed them. Luongo didn't have his best game, but he can't be the savior every night. If I'm being honest, I thought they deserved the win. I'm not sure how many will agree with that, but the effort and play was really encouraging.

We played a good game. Two goals against Lou that he should have had but overall a great effort.

Thanks guys, appreciate it.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
One great thing about this team (and this has probably the only consistent part): resilience. Who would have thought that they come back within 3 minutes?

Overall first really solid effort of the Cats, but the Rangers showed why they are one of the best teams in this league:

- Henrik Lundquist (probably the best goalie together with Carey Price)
- They capitalize on their scoring chances whether they are few or in abundance

On the Cats side:

- Lou was good but not good enough, especially in comparison with Lundquist (the second Nash goal smells bad...). He did not cost us the game, but still
- Bjugstad is no Stamkos (and no Nash either. Has two great chances on onetimers and can't score whereas Nash even has to take it with his skate but still burries it?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad