GDT: 11/21/13 - 10:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ San Jose

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
And play Labrie instead?

Play anybody instead. It comes down to the fact that the kid has had a chance and he doesn't deserve to be with the team right now. Let him go back to Syracuse and find his game, because he's clearly lost it.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Thank God our fans show up in our jerseys because they are the only ones that care to put them on it seems like. This team is fizzling. This slump will be a lingering one I think.

If you think this defense can shutdown team after team while this stagnant offense can "light it up" or get 2-3 goals a game, you're fooling yourself. Not just Stammer being out, but these lines are so juggled around and screwed up, you'd think nobody knows how to adjust. Sloppy execution on simple plays NHLers should never fail on.

Cant get it out of the zone.
Cant shoot on the net when it NEEDS to be on the net.
Cant play team defense, thats for sure.

The list goes on and on, its not our goalies fault, its moreso the defense.

Connolly needs to be left in California. Seriously, he's the worst player Ive seen on TB since Fedoruk. I am sick of hearing excuses about how his time is limited, well, if he wasnt holding his johnson and moping around all game, he'd get more ice time. He sucks. He absolutely sucks and is clueless at the NHL level.

MSL is flatlining. I dont blame him. Nobody else other than TJ, Flip and a couple others can keep up. This team is a mess right now, and Ive been hoping they shake this, its only 3 games and they are still sitting pretty, but this team wont go far so just sit back and relax. Its the honest truth....

Gudas-Carle is the only pairing I'd play all game. Hedman is atrocious and IMO Gudas should make his $$$ and Hedman left in Anaheim after tomorrow's loss. Brewer just cant skate, neither can Salo. Barberio is getting better, I'd keep him on the bus, throw the rest under it and drive on.

/rant from a pissed off lightning fan

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The Gudas was angry tonight. He didn't play a great game, which maybe contributed to the moodiness. 8 hits.

Ricebox

Feb 7, 2013
Norway - Florida
I called the slump, and oh, my friends, this is just the beginning, by January first we will be sitting
bottom 3 in the Atlantic.

Cant wait until the ****ing day we trade Lindback

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
is three games against three elite teams.

San Jose has outshot opponents 38-26 I believe this year. They got there 38 but we got 37. First period they were all over us outshooting us by 6 and we actually stuck with them.

Our best line has been the gun line.

These losses are on the top two lines the fourth line including connolly today played ok. Carle again minus two hedman minus two just going off top of head so somethings might be a little off but not by much if they are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are all over reacting. The first place teams in metro and eastern? Are outside the top 8 in the west.

GET A CLUE BUY A CLUE. They are dominating everyone is gross. Stamkos aint so much of a difference that we still wouldnt struggle against these teams.

This is on purcell marty and flip. They got to play better and at least equal the top two lines. Our third line needs to be better than other teams third lines.

Unfortunately the WEST? Has four line teams unlike the joke of teams in the east and metro this year.

We are one of best teams in EAST. WHY? We have four lines!!!!!

We are fine we will work it out. All this hate for connolly he aint the problem.

Now I really think we need sustr BADLY. He seems to settle down and get the most out of anyone he plays with.

We played a good game against whom I think is the best team in the west.

Boston has 30 points us and pitt have 28 we would be the 10th or 11th placed team in west.

San Jose is number two one game down from chicago but got a plus 26 gf ga differential!! Niemi is a world class goaltender.

Just have patience next month is easier we are fine:)

Last edited:

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I gotta say Rob's right.

I think even with stamkos we might have been 2-2 this trip and that is saying with a lot more luck than we had. I questioned this trip way back when. The west has four lines. I actually am quite pleased with the trip I thought the third line would disappear it hasnt that tells me a TON about those three kids.

I didnt expect them not to get manhandled in 2 of the 3 last games. I thought they could play against phoenix but not san jose or LA thought those third lines would be dominate against ours. Well low and behold they didnt:)

So each game I take a little bit from this team. I am happy personally. I am not happy that marty and killorn are struggling and besides flip the second line is non existent.

That is beginning to piss me off to be blunt lol. I expect them to equal boston chicago pittsburgh la san jose everyone else that has elite two lines.

We we aint equaling them at all. That is our problem in time will work itself out.

We need better goaltending we played solidly and smart last night and stayed out of the box and killed the penalties:) That was good. We had trouble in own zone but man San Jose is for real. Niemi is a beast plain and simple. We need better defense but not too down on them just think sustr and running 7 d works a lot better for us right now and would like us to go back to that again:)

We will forget all about this if we can play well tonight. If we can win at home ny and philly. If we play well against pitt.

The rest of month gets easier we just got to play the game we can play and the top lines need to wake up and convert.

We got the shots this game Niemi against purcell was just an awesome act of goaltending. Is kinda like cooper says lol they all want to be team canada:)

The west is soo much better than east though is not a comparison. I think in a couple months we will be better just hope doesnt take so long to figure out how to mix up the top two to out play the other good teams top two and the third has been AWESOME so plenty to be happy about.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Play anybody instead. It comes down to the fact that the kid has had a chance and he doesn't deserve to be with the team right now. Let him go back to Syracuse and find his game, because he's clearly lost it.

Really because it seems the fourth line was our best line last night. He was the only one to win more draws then he lost, had two takeaways and was even. Played a hell of a lot better then Labrie or a 7th D.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Thank God our fans show up in our jerseys because they are the only ones that care to put them on it seems like. This team is fizzling. This slump will be a lingering one I think.

If you think this defense can shutdown team after team while this stagnant offense can "light it up" or get 2-3 goals a game, you're fooling yourself. Not just Stammer being out, but these lines are so juggled around and screwed up, you'd think nobody knows how to adjust. Sloppy execution on simple plays NHLers should never fail on.

Cant get it out of the zone.
Cant shoot on the net when it NEEDS to be on the net.
Cant play team defense, thats for sure.

The list goes on and on, its not our goalies fault, its moreso the defense.

Connolly needs to be left in California. Seriously, he's the worst player Ive seen on TB since Fedoruk. I am sick of hearing excuses about how his time is limited, well, if he wasnt holding his johnson and moping around all game, he'd get more ice time. He sucks. He absolutely sucks and is clueless at the NHL level.

MSL is flatlining. I dont blame him. Nobody else other than TJ, Flip and a couple others can keep up. This team is a mess right now, and Ive been hoping they shake this, its only 3 games and they are still sitting pretty, but this team wont go far so just sit back and relax. Its the honest truth....

Gudas-Carle is the only pairing I'd play all game. Hedman is atrocious and IMO Gudas should make his $$$ and Hedman left in Anaheim after tomorrow's loss. Brewer just cant skate, neither can Salo. Barberio is getting better, I'd keep him on the bus, throw the rest under it and drive on.

/rant from a pissed off lightning fan

We should play NHL 14 style with fatigue off so you can have your favorite 5 players on the ice all game.

Gudas didn't even have that good of a game, Hedman has bad games but then he has games where he can take over. Gudas has nice hip checks but can't compare to Hedmans all around.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
There is a lot of ******** reactionary stuff going on right now. I don't see how you can blame any individual player (especially guys like Hedman) when everyone is playing like ****. Calm down and realize it's a rough patch. Stop acting like Habs fans.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
There is a lot of ******** reactionary stuff going on right now. I don't see how you can blame any individual player (especially guys like Hedman) when everyone is playing like ****. Calm down and realize it's a rough patch. Stop acting like Habs fans.

I refuse to blame anyone I expected this with or without stamkos in lineup.

I do however feel we need to call out the leaders to step up their games and pull this back together.

Sure we could have lost these last three but 16-6 is BS and we are better than that:)

This comes from top so start with the top guys and get them to lead us:)

Will say sometimes losing a great one like stamkos can take a little time sucks we didnt transition this better and chose right before our hardest stretch of teams for the season:)

I expect better play from the vets. They will get it together why say we will be fine.

The worries I had from the kids ? they are playing solid fourth line is playing solid.

Just need more points from vets and than we are ok again:)

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Really because it seems the fourth line was our best line last night. He was the only one to win more draws then he lost, had two takeaways and was even. Played a hell of a lot better then Labrie or a 7th D.

He played 8 minutes, most of which were played in garbage time when Cooper was playing a lot of kids, and when SJ had let off the gas a little bit. Had we still been in the game, he'd have been lucky to get 6.

But let's say he plays 8 per night. Isn't the whole reason he spent last year in Syracuse because we didn't want him playing 8 minutes per night?

He's showing flashes right now that he could someday be an adequate NHL grinder. That's not good enough for Connolly at this point. There are no flashes that would suggest he's going to be a top-six forward. He's more likely to find his game in Syracuse than on the 4th line in Tampa. He just doesn't have it right now. The competition between him and J.T. Brown isn't even close.

When Tom Pyatt comes back, possibly late next week, we should send Connolly down and keep Brown with the team. Connolly simply didn't earn it this time.

NHLeitner

Jan 2, 2013
Carolina
I stayed up to watch all of these games, and here's what happened.

Phoenix - Turned it off midway through the second because it made me sad. Just ****** play all around.

Kings - Turned it off midway through the second because it made me frustrated. Less than stellar play coupled with some bad luck

Sharks - Turned it off midway through the second because it made me angry. I felt we were playing well, just couldn't get anything going to overcome SJ

So I guess each game has been better? Maybe not score-wise, but how I felt while watching the game.

Please just beat the Ducks so they can come back home on an upswing and so the Ducks fans have no excuses about the flu.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
I didn't think there was a ledge big enough for all of you guys ready to jump off!

Take an honest look at the team guys. At the beginning of the season there weren't many of us that were willing to call this a playoff team. And that was way before Stammer went down.

We have an extremely young team that is still learning to compete at this level. And we just incidentally lost the leagues leading scorer who was having an MVP type start to his season right before we went on a murderers row of a road trip against several very good elite teams.

It's ugly to watch and I'm sure as hell not enjoying it right now, but lets not write off the season at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad