1pax.png

q4cg.png

t5t8.png

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I think we finally get our act together but lose in shootout 5-4.

This is a seriously hard team and is the one loss this road trip I counted on. I dont think we can shut them down. We need a very good game this time. We need to out score them to win. Think they make that hard so figure 1 point for us.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
If Lindback doesn't get the start I'm gonna start questioning Cooper. He has his favorites and doesn't like change much. It took him way too long to demote Malone, take Salo off the PP, still don't know why Labrie is on the team he's not NHL quality and I think the gun line needs to be broken up and Panik moved up.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
If Lindback doesn't get the start I'm gonna start questioning Cooper. He has his favorites and doesn't like change much. It took him way too long to demote Malone, take Salo off the PP, still don't know why Labrie is on the team he's not NHL quality and I think the gun line needs to be broken up and Panik moved up.

You must be joking...

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
It's a legit question though. Bishop hasn't been stellar lately while Lindback has been alright. The question is, do we give Bish some time off and give Lindback a shot or do we play Bishop again and give him a chance to bounce back before he starts questioning himself.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Not a great time to be heading into San Jose.

Let's just hope someone on that top line is willing to shoot the puck. They shouldn't have a problem with possession.

Line 2 is a mess, but what can you do? Here's hoping they click.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It's a legit question though. Bishop hasn't been stellar lately while Lindback has been alright. The question is, do we give Bish some time off and give Lindback a shot or do we play Bishop again and give him a chance to bounce back before he starts questioning himself.

We're playing back-to-backs, so they'll split the games regardless. Both guys will get a look. At this point, Bishop has to be our #1 though, and if Lindback wants the job he'll have to pry it away.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL

I think Bishop has done more than enough to earn the #1 title and you don't give up on your #1 because he's on a 2 game rough patch. Lindback being "alright" is not exactly confidence inspiring.

NHLeitner

Jan 2, 2013
Carolina
I hope Lindback will go tonight and Bish tomorrow against the Ducks. I care about this game, but I REALLY care about the Ducks game, because you just know if we lose everyone will go on and on about how the first time we waxed the floor with them doesn't count because of the flu.

3-2 Bolts in OT

Marleau X2
Connolly, Brown, St. Louis

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
If we play like we did the past 2 games I honestly don't think we win a game until we play the Flyers on Wednesday.

This is going to be a rough game, might have to bust out the liquor. I can actually watch a Thursday night game because I should be home from hockey.

I think the Sharks might be my favorite West team.. This should be a fun but probably frustrating game to watch.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
I hope Lindback will go tonight and Bish tomorrow against the Ducks. I care about this game, but I REALLY care about the Ducks game, because you just know if we lose everyone will go on and on about how the first time we waxed the floor with them doesn't count because of the flu.

I agree with this. We really need to win tomorrow but I have a feeling we are going to end this trip 0-4.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

Agree but wont question Cooper.

Will say a change in goalie right now can be a good thing two sub par games whether bishop was at fault or not a day off right now is ok. Lindback still deserves his shot even though we have a number one for now. Lindback did good against boston.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Bishop was okay against L.A. He was dealing with a lot of tipped shots and weird bounces. And he's a mentally strong guy, so I don't think there's any reason for concern.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Bishop was okay against L.A. He was dealing with a lot of tipped shots and weird bounces. And he's a mentally strong guy, so I don't think there's any reason for concern.

Yeah. Wasn't much he could do on a lot of the goals. Just weird bounces. He'll bounce back I'm sure. Hoping this team bounces back in a big way. They need it.

I've always had the mentality that if you play a hard fought game and lose, well, oh well. You tried hard. If you play not to your capabilities and lose... that's not acceptable. Now I know over a regular 82 game season, playing your hardest every game is hard to do, but points are valuable in this league.

Can anyone believe that first place in the East = 8 or 9th in the West? That's crazy.

EDIT: It's Bishop's birthday today btw. He'll start ;)

Last edited:

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa

Against a team like the Sharks, I'd prefer Bishop. But, it could be like the Boston/Habs back to back where Coop thinks we have a shot against the Ducks so plays Lindback tonight. The Ducks have hit a slump worse than ours (at least currently).

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
I really like Cooper's qoute today. Makes me feel confident in his abilities, because he realizes that the team had become too dependent on Stamkos.

I wouldn't be surprised if we loose this game. Its a hell of a team, and we are still struggling to find our new line-ups. This is what was expected in the Stamkos-less world we live in now. Every game will be a lot more difficult.

However, I'm not going to freak out just yet, even if we go 0-4 this trip. Even with Stamkos I thought we would go 1-3. This trip has been eating everyone else in the East alive, and we are just now getting to experience it. The west is tough as hell.

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
I get back to back losses are inevitable, but like Marty said hopefully this doesn't go any further. If the team pulls out a win or good performance tonight then I'll be happy, if not I am going to be worried - even with Stamkos going down one guy out of 20 shouldn't make or break a whole team..

Mar 12, 2008
SF Bay Area
Sharks lines will be different IF Burnzie back in lineup. Good luck

Hertl-Jumbo-Burns
Marleau-Couture-Wingels
Havlat-Pavs-Kennedy
Sheppard-Desi-McCarthy/Nieto

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad