GDT: 11/21/13 - 10:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ San Jose

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Anyone see the deal $75 4 packs and a puck signed by your favorite player. I got tickets to the 2 Redwings game, Bruins, and Devils. The cost came out to a lot more than they advertised though. It was $350 with the fees and the upcharging for the Redwings game and Bruins game. I will get Stammer and MSL signed pucks though so it will be worth it!

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I'm not on the ledge at all. We all knew this road trip (really this whole month) was gonna be killer. Most of us were saying "Go .500 this month and keep our heads above the water". Well guys, we're 2-3 right now and about to finish this road trip that has been eating Eastern teams alive. Even if we leave this trip 0-4 we come home having finished the hardest road swing in the league and not having to do it again. I'd rather get it out of the way now and not have to do it in April when we are desperate for points and fighting for our lives to make the playoffs.

We finish this month with 3 home games which are all winnable games to be honest (yes, even Pitt) and then have possibly the easiest month of the season where we play division opponents 5 times in 13 games. That'll be a good time to catch up/make room between our division rivals.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yeah, I don't think anyone's writing off the season. Most people would have been happy with a split. We knew it was going to be tough, especially coming down off the emotional high from the Stamkos injury. December's schedule is better.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
We drop three and people are freaking out, its actually funny

Yep to teams even with stamkos we were not going to dominate. Problem is we shouldnt have been dominated either but when the third and fourth lines are doing ok and your being dominated you got to look at the other two lines:)

Yet low and behold we ignore as always when stamkos made mistakes or gudas messes up it never changes lol.

You got to call a bad penny a bad penny.

We are fine in a slump yep. Will they figure it out? I am not worried like said still might take a week or so but we will get this ship righted and moving ahead correctly again.

If the kids were doing badly I would be worried.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Yep to teams even with stamkos we were not going to dominate. Problem is we shouldnt have been dominated either but when the third and fourth lines are doing ok and your being dominated you got to look at the other two lines:)

Yet low and behold we ignore as always when stamkos made mistakes or gudas messes up it never changes lol.

You got to call a bad penny a bad penny.

We are fine in a slump yep. Will they figure it out? I am not worried like said still might take a week or so but we will get this ship righted and moving ahead correctly again.

If the kids were doing badly I would be worried.

I'm actually worried - not about the scoring but in regards to the amount of defensive brakdowns we suffer. I'm also worried, not about our size, but or general "softness" on puck retrieval and along the boards. Our inconsistent inability to clear the crease in front of our net. These are "troubling" to me as it was exposed much more prominently during the past 3 games than at any other time during the season. Before teams couldn't go all out on our offensive zone because Stammer and MSL would make them pay on the breakouts on the other end. Without being able to keep the other team honest - they are gobbling us up on the offensive zone as teams become more confident they can handle our breakaway chances since we lack that consistent "finisher" on the offensive zone.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I'm actually worried - not about the scoring but in regards to the amount of defensive brakdowns we suffer. I'm also worried, not about our size, but or general "softness" on puck retrieval and along the boards. Our inconsistent inability to clear the crease in front of our net. These are "troubling" to me as it was exposed much more prominently during the past 3 games than at any other time during the season. Before teams couldn't go all out on our offensive zone because Stammer and MSL would make them pay on the breakouts on the other end. Without being able to keep the other team honest - they are gobbling us up on the offensive zone as teams become more confident they can handle our breakaway chances since we lack that consistent "finisher" on the offensive zone.

I blame a lot on the defense the last little time on sustr being out. He has really been an mvp of this team this year. He played well even top line.

All year gudas and carle have been defensive liability we just over look it honestly.

Gudas hits and blocks shots but at times him and carle just wow stupidity.

Barberio did very well in lower minutes of getting into offensive zone.

Brewer is still brewer honestly.

So nothing has really changed at all except the top two lines are not matching the top two lines of great teams.

This has happened this year against boston.

We did match st louis and chicago and even pittsburgh but also got hammered for goals in those games.

Our best game was st louis.

The D is what it is I am very happy to see sustr keep practicing with hedman I like them two together but also know brewer needs a very good guy also. So salo dropping to third may or may not work. I want him off power play but unsure what works out best salo being top pair and sustr staying with brewer or other way around.

Time will tell. Good news is feel sustr hedman is a good mix up for next year for sure:)

Marty is really needed to step up his game. He is the leader and has always done it in past. He is in a serious funk imo.

Purcell is in a funk.

We are ok just got to have some bounces. We played very well last night honestly better than the results.

You lose the best player in the game your gonna struggle for identity. We will get it together. Just sucked we didnt have an easier schedule to work things out:)

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
If the Bolts can play around .500 hockey until Stammer get backs we will be in great shape. The younger player should take big strides in their games and learn to step up. Stammertime will be in full effect. He can be the torch to light and carry the team. We have a lot of young talent and NHL talent , but the Lightning need to learn to play NHL hockey. If Kilhorn, Palat, Johnson, Panik, Connoly, Brown, Babeiro, Gudas, Sustr, and, Hedman can all grow and step their games up the Lightning will be a force to be reckoned with. Stammer and MSL cannot carry the offense forever; MSL is going to age at some time. Stammer hopefully be will be great for 10+ years, but we need secondary scoring and players to step up for now and the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad