GDT: 11/19/15 "Duck And Don't Run" - Ducks VS Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Thornton fought and it was a decent fight...that doesn't excuse him playing over Howden who has done pretty well for himself so far this year.

As for the lineup change, I don't think it made a whole lot of sense. Huberdeau is struggling to score, no doubt, but putting him on the 2nd line isn't going to change that, it's not a lack of trying on his part or chemistry (it's only Barkov's second game back).

That said, the biggest 2 issues facing this team right now, are lack of offensive pressure/winning forechecks and shooting the damn puck. OMG, I lost track of how many times players passed up great opportunities so they could pass for hopefully a better one. You are going to lose that battle more often than not, I don't understand this mentality. I mean when a guy like Pirri passes instead of shooting, that's crazy, shooting is what he does.

These guys have what it takes but they are doing it all wrong. I don't know if it's bad mental prep or bad coaching (and it may seem to be the latter at this point), but it has to change. Also I have no idea how this team has such a good PP, they get some decent pressure at times but in general it's not good enough.

Luongo, if no one else, was once again stellar and deserved a far better fate than that last night. I'll give some kudos to Ekblad as well and Barkov for scoring, but that's about it. This is not good enough.
I don't think it's the coaching because they have not been shooting the puck for 4 years now. And I specifically remember Gallant being quoted as saying they tell them to shoot the puck all the time. And he said that when the players come back to the bench and they get upset and mention how they themselves should have shot the puck.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Thornton actually played well.

Dropping Howden was odd, as I thought he had performed well. But then, I thought the same with Brickley, and he isn't even in the squad anymore.

Bolland at 3C is fine. Trocheck at 2C, with Bjugstad at the wing would make more sense to me. Although Bjugstad has been better at faceoffs than Trocheck.
No, we're not being fine with Bolland at 3C and moving Bjugstad out to wing. No we're not doing that. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad